• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox vs PS3? Input Needed!

Which console do you think DmC will be better for?

• PS3

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • XBOX 360

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm pretty sure Dragon's Dogma had one, having a larger world. The installs can be really quick or really long, and sometimes the developer puts it in as a background install, like Fallout 3 did. So while you're starting the game, it's installing on the HDD so you don't have to sit and wait.

Calypso Dynamo

crap that complicates things more, i prefer digital versions, are there any known preorder incentives for the digital version? Vergil's dlc preferably?

Calypso Dynamo

I'm pretty sure Dragon's Dogma had one, having a larger world. The installs can be really quick or really long, and sometimes the developer puts it in as a background install, like Fallout 3 did. So while you're starting the game, it's installing on the HDD so you don't have to sit and wait.
Oh interesting i didn't now they did that...

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I think you do get Vergil's Downfall with a pre-order of the digital version. But I'm not sure.

Are you in North America, or Europe?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'm not sure...I know it's the only way to get the DLC in Europe, through the digital copy, but you might need a GameStop pre-order to get the DLC in North America :s

But really, in the end, it depends on what you really care about. If you just want the game, then get it for whatever system you like the controller for. If you want to make sure it has the best possible performance, then go with 360 I guess.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
I have to say 360. I own both a ps3 and an xbox, and I have to say what I experienced with the demo is kind of disappointing. The framerate is a deciding factor for me, the controllers are both easy for me to get used to and master, but the framerate dips, some of the textures, lighting, and shading are all bad on the ps3. So Xbox 360 it is. I would go with ps3 though if those problems were gone because I like to keep games on their original consoles and my ps3 hardly gets any attention. After christmas, if I get a kinect like I think I will, chances are my ps3's attention will die down a bit unless I get silent hill HD and Devil May Cry HD on ps3. But I don't know what version I'm getting or anything so we'll see.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I voted 360 despite the fact that I prefer a PS3 controller for games of this type.

Bayonetta had an inferior port for the PS3 so I'm somewhat disappointed that they have some issues here too. They both play identically so the decision came because of the odd graphic issues only present on the PS3.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Only on Playstation
dmc6boxart.jpg

btmudd28

As an owner of both systems, and been playing DMC on a Playstation controller for the better part of 10 years now, I'm going with the 360. During the demo, I found myself constantly putting in the old inputs for Stinger and High Time because I was so use to the layout for those games. So since this is a new series, with a new layout and everything, I'm starting fresh with the 360. Plus during the demo, I noticed some blocky textures that weren't present in the 360 version. That's just me though.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Yeah, most people noticed that blocky shading in the PS3 demo, but apparently, press footage from the final build on PS3 doesn't seem to have them. I haven't paid close enough attention to that in particular, but if it's true that's nice.

The demo was several builds ago, and didn't represent the most current one at the time of its release either.

btmudd28

Yeah, most people noticed that blocky shading in the PS3 demo, but apparently, press footage from the final build on PS3 doesn't seem to have them. I haven't paid close enough attention to that in particular, but if it's true that's nice.

The demo was several builds ago, and didn't represent the most current one at the time of its release either.

True dat, usually anytime a game is multiplatform I stick with my trusty PS3, but I'm so set in my ways with DMC and that controller that I was doing terribly while playing the demo haha.

Blacko

Yeah I have seen that too, I liked the demo but to see that final build is better... I TAKE IT LOL.

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
where is this press release of the ps3 version? I might have to go switch my preorder again XD

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
It's in a few of those videos that were released, but...I can't remember which ones. Those Playstation Access ones were on PS3 (of course), I should give them another glance.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Going to go with the Xbox 360 here simply because of the controller.

Other than that, I honestly did not notice any difference between the 2 versions judging by the demo, but maybe I missed something or wasn't looking hard enough.

Top Bottom