• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox vs PS3? Input Needed!

Which console do you think DmC will be better for?

• PS3

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • XBOX 360

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

Calypso Dynamo

First I just wanted to say hello to everyone on the forum, I'm a huge Devil May Cry fan since the beginning and am (needless to say) extremely excited for DmC. I want to pre-order the game to get the Vergil DLC for free but i have a dilemma, I have no idea which system i should get it for (and my PC sucks so that's not an option). I've played the demo for each system at the same time (switching back and forth between inputs) and have made a list of pros and cons for each system:

PS3 Pros:
richer colors
crisper visuals
better textures
quicker texture loading
no discernible frame rate drop in combat
preferred controller for DmC
PS3 Cons:
slight screen tearing
frame rate stutter in ALL cut scenes
worse lighting effects in cut scenes (appear pixelated)
weird blurring effect when rotating the camera around Dante
XBOX360 Pros:
Better lighting effects
no noticeable screen tearing
faster frame rate in cut scenes
no discernible frame rate drop in combat
XBOX360 Cons:
terrible over saturated color
blurrier textures
overall less definition in graphics
slower texture loading

Which version would you guys suggest and which version is everyone else getting, Thanks a lot!

Furious D

Calm Stylish Fury
I've seen PS3 gameplay from builds more recent than the demo in streams and previews, and it looks like they've fixed a number of graphical issues on the system, like the blocky shading. It's possible that the PS3 version will continue to improve, but limited RAM will always be a factor. I'd say PS3 if you prefer that controller. It makes more of a difference than you'd think, in the long run, especially for a twitchy game like DmC.

DarkSlayer54

For me, the choice is easy since I only own a PS3.

If you own both consoles then I'd say your preference for the controller is the most important factor. The minor differences between consoles don't make the game any better or worst. They're negligible for me. I can't tell the difference between PC gameplay and PS3 gameplay, they look the same to me.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
I voted PS3, but that was not by a wide margin.

I'd say they are about equal, especially with the improved XBox controller. This is going to be perfectly fine on both consoles.
Though I can't say I noticed any of the 360 problems.

Calypso Dynamo

I voted PS3, but that was not by a wide margin.

I'd say they are about equal, especially with the improved XBox controller. This is going to be perfectly fine on both consoles.
Though I can't say I noticed any of the 360 problems.
The Xbox's problems are negligible for the most part if you dont compare it directly to the ps3 but i think ill let the controller be the deciding factor, Also it's nice to hear that alot of the issues including the shading have been addressed, thanks Furious D.

Gbraga

You guys need to stop with that "no discernible frame rate drop in combat" bs for the PS3 version, A LOT of people noticed it way before the analysis came up, I was one of them, go search the Demo thread and I complained as soon as I played it for the first time. The framerate is terrible in the Under Watch demo.

Blacko

Both versions are dope. Take it on PS3 because I own one. I could have take it on PC but want to it before... and I often use DS3 pad. That's all.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
I'd guess Xbox360, just to escape the framerate dips in the cutscenes.

tumblr_mbws61Ak131rulvej.gif

I hope I don't notice it too much, then again there's always the pc version which I'll probably get too. The game should be strongest on that.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
My only big problem with the PS3 version is the shadows seem blocky during cutscenes, but I'll still be playing DmC on it because I'm terrible with the 360 controller.

Paexie

I voted for X360 because it does indeed preform better than PS3, though I'm getting the game on the latter.

Nekodark

I honestly can not choose between mines since both versions play just the same for me just different controllers/systems but other then that the same with no problem and nothing looks better or worst.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
I've seen PS3 gameplay from builds more recent than the demo in streams and previews, and it looks like they've fixed a number of graphical issues on the system, like the blocky shading. It's possible that the PS3 version will continue to improve, but limited RAM will always be a factor. I'd say PS3 if you prefer that controller. It makes more of a difference than you'd think, in the long run, especially for a twitchy game like DmC.

The thing is, the PS3 has WAY more processing power than the 360, comparable to i5's of today. But no one except for Naughty Dog have been able to access it. Its up to NT to figure it out.

The limited RAM should only affect load times, texture pop-in and anything else that needs to be loaded from the disc into the memory. The PS3 does have 512mb, but 256mb MUST be used for VRAM.

Blacko

:3 I think it will, if things had stayed like they did before the demo got released I might not be so sure. But I am now ^^ it'll do fine.

critics seems to love it (the guy from PlayStation Access and another on a french website), probably a great game. Think you're right, just it is sad to read "TEH that's sucks Dante got black hair, where is the old Dante". I mean for me it's better than the old saga. Haters should stop be so blind.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
You guys need to stop with that "no discernible frame rate drop in combat" bs for the PS3 version, A LOT of people noticed it way before the analysis came up, I was one of them, go search the Demo thread and I complained as soon as I played it for the first time. The framerate is terrible in the Under Watch demo.

And those were their experiences. It hasn't happened to me at all, I haven't had any large drops in framerate like people keep claiming, so I can only imagine it's not something that happens to every single person. 26-28 fps isn't really a bother to me either.

And this is still all from the demo, and might not be a problem in the final release at all :/ I have no idea why it wouldn't be locked in the demo, but...whatever.

Top Bottom