• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox vs PS3? Input Needed!

Which console do you think DmC will be better for?

• PS3

Votes: 12 44.4%
  • XBOX 360

Votes: 15 55.6%

• Total voters

ccutter

Facing My Demons
It's in a few of those videos that were released, but...I can't remember which ones. Those Playstation Access ones were on PS3 (of course), I should give them another glance.
How about this video instead? It's from IGN Middle East with the PS3 gameplay.

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I believe the PS3 version would have better load times than the XBOX360, but XBOX360 will have less screen tearing, frame rate drops, etc.
I'm a PS3 gamer, but XBOX will probably be better, similar to how Bayonetta was better for XBOX than PS3 (though I hope not by the same margin as that)

Breaking8ad

i am the danger, i am the one who knocks!!
Going to go with the Xbox 360 here simply because of the controller.

Other than that, I honestly did not notice any difference between the 2 versions judging by the demo, but maybe I missed something or wasn't looking hard enough.
looking at your sig I wouldn't think you would be getting the game "Re Poo Dante"

Also:

(go to 7:00 for white haired dante)

Ps3 gameplay video includes scene where white haired Dante is confronting Kat. I'm still going to play it safe and keep my preorder to xbox.

Though it would be awesome if I could just get it on PC, but I don't have a PC strong enough to handle it at all, even on it's best day.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
looking at your sig I wouldn't think you would be getting the game "Re Poo Dante"

LOL don't be so sensitive.

I made this sig back when I first joined the site, its amusing so I never changed it.

My stance on the game has changed a lot since then.

You can ask some of your fellow "supporters" who have had discussions with me and they will tell you what I'm about.

Gbraga

I voted for X360 because it does indeed preform better than PS3, though I'm getting the game on the latter.
Oh yeah, it's important to say that I'm not saying the PS3 version is unplayable or anything, I'd get it on the PS3 myself if the PC version wasn't so close, but I can wait 10 days. I think :(

8BitHero

Scrub
Xbox 360 is definitely the best. (I'm also NOT regurgiating what people say, I've downloaded the demo for Xbox dn PS3)

Due to the PS3 being a 1080p console and thus having better graphics than the Xbox (A 720p console). The colours look a bit washed out, however than can be fixed in TV settings and again, the graphics do look better on 1080p console (as they should)

The PS3 suffers from terrible frame rate skips during cutscenes whereas the Xbox is completely smooth.

The PS3 has extremely terrible shading. On the Xbox the shading is a smooth gradient that looks natural whereas the PS3 has a more "blocky" style shading which looks awful.

It then comes down to preference of controller and which console you feel moe comfortable playing, though the Xbox doesn't feel worse than the PS3. After I downloaded the PS3 I didn't feel any different once I adjust my controls. However, once the full game comes out and will make use of the d-pad, we'll see what is the best to use.

Other than that, meh. I think Xbox is best

Breaking8ad

Everything is going black & white on the background, the white hair isn't done on purpose ? If not is it a final build ? Guess we will have to wait to see that.
It looks like it is done on purpose. It could very well be Kat seeing what he looks like in the future, since she is psychic.

Breaking8ad

Thank you, I can be very good at predicting things sometimes. I just thought "hey, what if because she is psychic and can see him while he is in limbo, than she can see his true form or what he is going to become while he is in limbo?" Light bulb over the head kind of moment.

Calypso Dynamo

So the psn pre order is up in the US, but no info on whether or not Vergil's downfall is included, does any one know if it is or is that just europe?

Top Bottom