• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox Live Gold Membership Codes

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Does anyone have any xbox live gold membership codes they are not planning on using? If so post them in this thread. :)

Agility

"Known"
Does anyone have any xbox live gold membership codes they are not planning on using? If so post them in this thread. :)

If I did I'd give em to you. If I find one I'll post it here or PM it to you.

It's not to bash the 360 but, I really haven't played with it since Gears 3 came out. I'm literally looking at it right now and thinking about cleaning it up just cause.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
If I did I'd give em to you. If I find one I'll post it here or PM it to you.

It's not to bash the 360 but, I really haven't played with it since Gears 3 came out. I'm literally looking at it right now and thinking about cleaning it up just cause.
Okay thanks man, and what a coincidence that's exactly the game I've been trying to get some xbox live codes for. lol
I recently re-bought Gears 3 and since I don't have xbox gold at the moment I just thought I'd look for some temporary codes so I could play it online.

Agility

"Known"
Okay thanks man, and what a coincidence that's exactly the game I've been trying to get some xbox live codes for. lol
I recently re-bought Gears 3 and since I don't have xbox gold at the moment I just thought I'd look for some temporary codes so I could play it online.

Yeah! That game's multiplayer is full of fun. I just don't like the fact that they're making us pay to play online. Of course on top of that there are games that have a pass to get on it's network.

You have a ps3? Cause I just bought Playstation Plus and they're giving me inFamous 2 for free, Little Big Planet, some ps1-2-PSP games for free. Discounts. Free dynamic themes. Etc.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Yeah! That game's multiplayer is full of fun. I just don't like the fact that they're making us pay to play online. Of course on top of that there are games that have a pass to get on it's network.

You have a ps3? Cause I just bought Playstation Plus and they're giving me inFamous 2 for free, Little Big Planet, some ps1-2-PSP games for free. Discounts. Free dynamic themes. Etc.
Yeah I know, that's the only reason I hate xbox. :p
And yeah I got playstation plus as well, I also downloaded infamous 2 and I already own littlebigplanet2, and I believe now you can download borderlands for free as well.

Agility

"Known"
Yeah I know, that's the only reason I hate xbox. :p
And yeah I got playstation plus as well, I also downloaded infamous 2 and I already own littlebigplanet2, and I believe now you can download borderlands for free as well.

WIN!

Yes, I've been waiting to see what all this hype is about. But first...Darksiders 2 must be beaten!

Dark Drakan

Admin
A years membership is less than the price of a game (if you shop around) ive never enjoyed paying to play online but always didnt mind paying my Live membership year after year. I havent played online for a while but do use other benefits I get from my Gold Membership a lot. I shall start playing online again soon when I get back into Battlefield 3 and Borderlands 2 comes out. Some people moan about paying to play online on 360 but then purchase Playstation Plus on PS3 which is a similar deal, dont have to pay to play online maybe but you do get bonuses for doing so. Sony cant afford to keep PSN for free forever and likely PS Plus will end up the default service at some point in their console future.

I had about 7 codes spare but gave them to friends a while ago, I shall be getting some new games soon so may have some more going.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
Lol I left my 360 the exact day my ex left me therefore I sold it to my friend, bad memories.:) I had the code but gave it to one of my buddy. I can't promise but I think I can ask couple of my other friends for the code since most of my friends are also purchasing PS3 now.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
Lol I left my 360 the exact day my ex left me therefore I sold it to my friend, bad memories.:) I had the code but gave it to one of my buddy. I can't promise but I think I can ask couple of my other friends for the code since most of my friends are also purchasing PS3 now.
That would be fantastic, just pm me the codes if you get any. :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Are you kidding me?
The amount of money spent on PSN makes up for it.
PShome alone do you know how much items cost on & much money people spend there, It's ridiculous. There's freaking virtual club where PSN+ members get in free also has a $5.00 3day access entry fee for Non-PSN+ members.
They have on sale a mansion which cost $5.00 less then your Dawnguard for Skyrim, they sell floor expansions almost at the same price.
3months some PShome users has spent $900.00 just on PShome. Now with the thousands of PShome junkies *YES JUNKIES* there i really think PShome makes up for free play.

Dont get me wrong I dont think Sony would charge just to play online but I do think that PSN free will be stripped down over the years so thats all you get for free. They would want to tempt people to pay with more things being added to PSN Plus. Both services will always over more benefits to those who pay for them and offer minimal things for free. Sony are trying to recoup losses everywhere they can and analysts have said for years that is one of the areas they could make more money. Analysts have also said Sony could make more money by signing deals with subscription services like HBO, Sky & ESPN for example. Microsoft should also look at some of the bonuses people get on PSN Plus to further improve Live Gold and add even more to that.

Agility

"Known"
Dont get me wrong I dont think Sony would charge just to play online but I do think that PSN free will be stripped down over the years so thats all you get for free. They would want to tempt people to pay with more things being added to PSN Plus. Both services will always over more benefits to those who pay for them and offer minimal things for free. Sony are trying to recoup losses everywhere they can andut analysts have said for years that is one of the areas they could make more money. Analysts have also said Sony could make more money by signing deals with subscription services like HBO, Sky & ESPN for example. Microsoft should also look at some of the bonuses people get on PSN Plus to further improve Live Gold and add even more to that.

They could make more money but they love us too much.

You wanna know what they did? They gave us a browser!

360 gave us bills!

Dark Drakan

Admin
They could make more money but they love us too much.

You wanna know what they did? They gave us a browser!

360 gave us bills!

Dreamcast had a browser, were rumours about 360 getting a browser for some time but most voted that they didnt want one we have PCs and Laptops for that though it might be happening anyway. I personally dont want one as I would never use it, browser on consoles are to clunky.

Plus 360 has a Live Gold bill same as PSN has a bill for the good/bonus features in PSN Plus so they arent that dissimilar in that respect. Whether companies love their consumers is irrespective, companies are there to make money and if they dont they fold (both Sony & Microsoft are to big. They did it simply because Microsoft didnt have one for 360 not because they love you. Id already own a PS3 from launch like I did PS1 and PS2 if Sony hadnt screwed the UK over when it launched and charged us 3 times the cost it was everywhere else to buy one, released it over here so long after everywhere else (4 months) and then cut a lot of the features out of it. Never thought it would ever happen that a Playstation console would release and I wouldnt be purchasing it on Day one but it happened.

Plus people make out like £29.97 a year for Live is majorly expensive, I make that in 2 hours work... If you purchase it straight through Microsoft and Sony Live Gold & PSN Plus are the same cost. Both could take plenty of tips off each other about future infrastructures of their online systems for the next consoles.

Agility

"Known"
Dreamcast had a browser, were rumours about 360 getting a browser for some time but most voted that they didnt want one we have PCs and Laptops for that though it might be happening anyway. I personally dont want one as I would never use it, browser on consoles are to clunky.

Plus 360 has a Live Gold bill same as PSN has a bill for the good/bonus features in PSN Plus so they arent that dissimilar in that respect. Whether companies love their consumers is irrespective, companies are there to make money and if they dont they fold (both Sony & Microsoft are to big. They did it simply because Microsoft didnt have one for 360 not because they love you. Id already own a PS3 from launch like I did PS1 and PS2 if Sony hadnt screwed the UK over when it launched and charged us 3 times the cost it was everywhere else to buy one, released it over here so long after everywhere else (4 months) and then cut a lot of the features out of it. Never thought it would ever happen that a Playstation console would release and I wouldnt be purchasing it on Day one but it happened.

Plus people make out like £29.97 a year for Live is majorly expensive, I make that in 2 hours work... If you purchase it straight through Microsoft and Sony Live Gold & PSN Plus are the same cost. Both could take plenty of tips off each other about future infrastructures of their online systems for the next consoles.

If this is going to be a Live vs PSN argument. Then let me end it with this.

You can play online games for free with PSN. PS Plus allows you free games like inFamous 2 (Very great game), ps2 games, psp games, and ps1 games also imported games.

So it's an option to pay for PS Plus.

Only thing that's keeping Sony from forcing out Live is their refusal to add a party chat function. That's it.

Dark Drakan

Admin
If this is going to be a Live vs PSN argument. Then let me end it with this.

You can play online games for free with PSN. PS Plus allows you free games like inFamous 2 (Very great game), ps2 games, psp games, and ps1 games also imported games.

So it's an option to pay for PS Plus.

Only thing that's keeping Sony from forcing out Live is their refusal to add a party chat function. That's it.

You may think differing opinions are an argument but they are nothing more than differing opinions. Though this thread isnt really a place to discuss it really, was never meant to be anything vs anything as it seemed to be more so opinions against unneeded what seems like hate towards a company (fanboyism ruined this generation). So thought id comment a differing opinion from a couple that seemed to be hating on a company.

People assume I dislike Sony but thats not true at all just disliked some of their business decisions this time around, same with Microsoft and most other companies to be honest. Just happened to pick 360 this time rather than purchasing every console & never regretted it for a second. Though if anything in an ideal world id prefer to be a PC gamer rather than pick any console to game on, current or future.

Also would take more than a simple little party chat feature to force anything anywhere :lol:. If Sony love you so much as you boldly claimed then why not add a feature players have been crying out for since the consoles launch 6 years ago? I normally own every console that releases and have been gaming for long enough to be unbiased towards any one company on most things but ive never understood some decisions by both companies this generation. I play consoles/PC's for the games and the experience with friends not because of any loyalty towards anyone just as a footnote.

As the thread somehow got derailed im not going to add anything else except any Live codes should I acquire some for ChocolateGhost. EDIT* Private Messaged you a 2 day pass I found, have to check to see if its been redeemed or not I cant remember if I gave it away already.

Dark Drakan

Admin
The browser i disagree with u greatly.
Think about it, systems that require valid e-mail addresses to create accounts for their gaming network.
Not everyone can afford a PC & consoles are cheaper.

I use my phone for little things like that, much more streamlined than any of the console browsers ive used.

ChocolateGhost let me know if the code I sent you worked, if not I shall search my game cases for some more as I never use the trials.

Top Bottom