• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox is pretty much dead to me.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I just got an email from Amazon to preorder the new xbox...it's £600. :lol: No way would I pay that much for it...actually...I wouldn't be buying it anyway...but you get the idea.

Edit: And somehow it is at the top position on Amazon's videogame list.>_<

Games and consoles in general have only been getting worse.

To be honest I'm quite happy with a lot of my SNES, Genesis, PS1 and PS2 games.
Very few games I've bought for current gen systems have interested me or made me want to replay them. I know for a fact I'm not growing out of gaming. It's just these silly choices that put me off the systems and games.

Can't I just play one game on a current/next gen system without any strings attached?

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.409391-Microsofts-E3-Show-Will-Skip-TV

Surprise, surprise. :/

Can't I just play one game on a current/next gen system without any strings attached?
Kirk_you-must-be-new-here.png

This is why I'm most likely not getting any future gaming products.

Edit:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/05/31/xbox-one-vs-ps4-the-results-ign-versus

Needless to say, PS4 won in every category. And for those who can't watch ign due to the fact that their video player is one of the worst out there (imo) then, my apologies.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Needless to say, PS4 won in every category. And for those who can't watch ign due to the fact that their video player is one of the worst out there (imo) then, my apologies.

Mostly because they have been smart & kept their lips shut & let Microsoft run their mouths & upset people first so people flocked to them instead (seen as the lesser of 2 evils currently). A lot of the features that people are so up in arms about havent even been explained properly yet but Microsoft made the Molyneux mistake of announcing things before they actually have proper details/confirmation. So they gave brief explanations then let everyones imaginations run wild (a mistake they are regretting massively I bet), so much so they are being compared to Skynet. However a lot of those same features are rumoured to be incorporated into the PS4 also, except Sony decided not to mentioned them at all (or pass blame to publishers). So now Microsoft take all the heat & the hate & Sony sit back and adapt their strategy accordingly.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Mostly because they have been smart & kept their lips shut & let Microsoft run their mouths & upset people first so people flocked to them instead. A lot of the features that people are so up in arms about havent even been explained properly yet but Microsoft made the Molyneux mistake of announcing things before they actually have proper details. So they gave brief explanations then let everyones imaginations run wild, so much so they are being compared to Skynet. However a lot of those same features are rumoured to be incorporated into the PS4 also, except Sony decided not to mentioned them at all. So now Microsoft take all the heat & the hate & Sony sit back and adapt their strategy accordingly.
Something tells me after Sony seeing Microsoft trying to commit suicide they are probably screaming on phones at their R&D Department saying "You got about until the end of the year to not do stuff we were gonna do." Microsoft is practically handing the competitors the win so I wonder how they may screw this up.

This is becoming fascinating to watch unfold to say the least. Microsoft just baffles me with the moves they are making that I still can't get over how ridiculous this is. Microsoft or EA exec (one of the two, I forgot) even when on record recently saying the "Xbox One was a generation ahead of PC." Do they think gamers are really that daft? How out of touch are they?

Dark Drakan

Admin
Something tells me after Sony seeing Microsoft trying to commit suicide they are probably screaming on phones at their R&D Department saying "You got about until the end of the year to not do stuff we were gonna do." Microsoft is practically handing the competitors the win so I wonder how they may screw this up.

This is becoming fascinating to watch unfold to say the least. Microsoft just baffles me with the moves they are making that I still can't get over how ridiculous this is. Microsoft or EA exec (one of the two, I forgot) even when on record recently saying the "Xbox One was a generation ahead of PC." Do they think gamers are really that daft? How out of touch are they?

It was EA’s chief technical officer Rajat Teneja & he didnt say Xbox One was a generation ahead he said the next gen consoles in general were generations ahead. Something obviously lots of the other execs have cast aside as false claims. Microsoft made some mistakes & stupidly opened their mouths early (probably to try & get things out there before the competition) but then when asked to explain further they couldnt. Most of the actual features havent even been set in stone yet & they could still change a lot of the more controversial things (same goes for Sony). Its too early to say anyone has handed anyone the win but they have shot themselves in the foot with a silly line of mistakes with has halted the momentum they wanted to gain.

In a way its good for gamers that they have been met with such opposition to some of their early announced features as they might be forced to change entire strategies. Im more surprised of how similar the Xbox One and PS4 seem to be.

Top Bottom