• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox is pretty much dead to me.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
I don't care. Goodbye gaming industry. I cherish old games like Final Fantasy VIII, Diablo I, Starcraft, Crash Bandicoot PS1, James Bond Nightfire (Gamecube), Resident Evil 4, Gran Turismo 2 PS1, Pandemonium, Wipeout2097. Sigh it's all lost in stinky money. Ugh what a bad scent. *leaves*
they'll probably realise their mistake and continue with this gen for a while

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014
I rather praise this.
Played this when I followed up the demo magazines with my dad back when the first Playstation was out in the 90s. Hehe. It doesn't look so cool now but at that time I was obsessed with it. Never got the chance to buy the full game. >_<

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I rather praise this.
Played this when I followed up the demo magazines with my dad back when the first Playstation was out in the 90s. Hehe. It doesn't look so cool now but at that time I was obsessed with it. Never got the chance to buy the full game. >_<
I used to get Playstation magazines just for the demos too:D Kinda nostalgic.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
wii U: failing
PS4: going to fail
Xbox 1: is going to fail even more

the Wii U is likely to do well in the long term and i don't see any reason why the PS4 would fail ( the only problem i can think of is that there is no backwards compatibility and that is not an essential feature) the flaws with the Xbox One are probably going to result in the PS4 doing very well.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
the Wii U is likely to do well in the long term and i don't see any reason why the PS4 would fail ( the only problem i can think of is that there is no backwards compatibility and that is not an essential feature) the flaws with the Xbox One are probably going to result in the PS4 doing very well.
the main reason i say the PS4 is going to fail is the fact that all the game shops i go to mainly sell preowned games and the PS4 only allows games to be played on one PS4 so preowned games won't work

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
the main reason i say the PS4 is going to fail is the fact that all the game shops i go to mainly sell preowned games and the PS4 only allows games to be played on one PS4 so preowned games won't work

where has it been said that the PS4 is doing that?

if it is the PS4 is still likely to succeed on the basis that between it and the Xbox One. the PS4's inconveniences are the lesser of two evils and eventually people are going to find it difficult to resist buying a next-gen console and i don't think hardcore gamers are going to play exclusively on the Wii U. of course i could be wrong about that and in that case the Wii U is going to become ridiculously popular.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Actually, according to Sony's president, the PS4 won't have a restriction on used games. Lack of backwards compatibility via physical copies yes but, no restriction on used games like Xbox. That's a little sigh of relief there. All in all, none of the systems are actually impressive but at least the WiiU and PS4 have time to improve and all that good stuff.

Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot with the console. Funny how after their conference I kid you not sales rose for the WiiU and more interest was held in the PS4. Congratulations Microsoft, you sold more copies of the WiiU than Nintendo themselves it seems and also you're so nice to deliver free marketing for your competitors.

Unfortunately, this console will sell to some degree. There are a bunch of delusional Xbox enthusiast who are going to stick by Xbox forever even if they are just basically dropping their wallet down a trash compactor with this thing. When I think about it, Microsoft feels the climate is right to do something like this. I hope not many people out there are truly willing to roll with this bs and will see through it. If this console becomes a bestseller, I will lose a bit of faith in humanity.

Laurence Barnes

Premium
Actually, according to Sony's president, the PS4 won't have a restriction on used games. Lack of backwards compatibility via physical copies yes but, no restriction on used games like Xbox. That's a little sigh of relief there. All in all, none of the systems are actually impressive but at least the WiiU and PS4 have time to improve and all that good stuff.

Microsoft really shot themselves in the foot with the console. Funny how after their conference I kid you not sales rose for the WiiU and more interest was held in the PS4. Congratulations Microsoft, you sold more copies of the WiiU than Nintendo themselves it seems and also you're so nice to deliver free marketing for your competitors.

Unfortunately, this console will sell to some degree. There are a bunch of delusional Xbox enthusiast who are going to stick by Xbox forever even if they are just basically dropping their wallet down a trash compactor with this thing. When I think about it, Microsoft feels the climate is right to do something like this. I hope not many people out there are truly willing to roll with this bs and will see through it. If this console becomes a bestseller, I will lose a bit of faith in humanity.
so they changed their mind because originally they were going to go down the same route as xbox

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's ridiculous how stupid the Xbox One is. It really is like in reality they took 359 steps back.

Regardless of what the fanboys think the Xbox 360 wasn't a bad console at all. All the consoles had their fair shares of pros and cons but let's focus on the 360 for a minute. The 360 came out leading the pack this console generation when it came to the hardcore crowd. The Wii won its respected generation but, I think we all know why. Sony was soundly beaten for about two years very badly thanks to the 360 and Wii. Only in recent years has Sony really started to do better with that PS3.

Overall the 360 was fine. It was the first next gen console I payed attention to because like hell I was gonna toss $600 at Sony for a console with virtually the same crap. I didn't get a PS3 until about 3-4 years after it was released.

With the One it seems Microsoft has forgotten what made the 360 such a success. It wasn't freaking trying to do what Smartphone TVs, computers, and f*cking Tivo can do already! I'm not against evolving technology. I'm all aboard the future and still hope for the day cars become obsolete in the favor of jet packs or at least those tubes on Futurama because they look like fun.

However on the other hand I'm not so quick to toss out the past either. Seeing a video game console become this multimedia hub is actually not a bad thing. It's actually quite incredible. However, you don't try to clear a very wide gap without that running start you know and you can never forget what got you here in the first place. Evolving and creating something new isn't trying to erase the past. It's improving upon the mistakes of the past and only getting better. The Xbox One seems like it's literally trying to start from square one.

Like Angry Joe said, seeing Microsoft do this is like watching someone wander off into the forest. Everyone questioning where the f*ck he's going.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I know some of us are having a laugh and being angry at how bad this new xbox is, but if this console does badly, it won't be the people at the top who made these bad choices getting in trouble, it will be people lower down in the company losing their jobs to make up for losing profit on the xbox.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Yeah agreed. Look this demo theme was my favourite. Gives me pure nostalgia. <3
Pandemonium 2 is ****ing awesome.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.409120-Fallout-4-rumored-to-be-Xbox-One-exclusive

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!1111!!!ONE!!!1111!!11!!!!!! :lol:
tumblr_lvv0x0BAky1qii6tmo1_500.gif

No. Sorry. Not even Fallout can save your ass now, Microsoft.

Edit:
it will be people lower down in the company losing their jobs to make up for losing profit on the xbox.
They knew the risks. I do not feel a shred of sympathy for them. :mad:

Ryuuou

The King Of Chinese Dragons
Premium
Supporter 2014

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Who said the Fallout series was good games anyway? I never liked them. Personal opinion. Whatever with this. >>
Well, there are people out there that worship the series. I'm not one of them. I liked neither the old nor the new types of gameplay.

The only tps I'm into right now is "Warframe", and even that's a stretch. I pretty much play only third-person action-adventure games, overall.

Edit:
I think a lot more people would like the Xbox one if it looked like this:
I like the angular, boring design. I like the all the PS3 slim and ultra-slim design as well, but there's just something really appealing about the old-fashioned, yet still shiny look. That's the only thing I like about the Xbone, though. I hate everything else about it and I hope it crashes. Hard.

Top Bottom