• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Xbox 360 peeps(or anyone console savvy)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hey guys.
My Xbox won't read any discs. This happened after a cleaning stint I had with it. I think it might just be that some dust or fluff has got stuck on the little reading glass inside, but I'm often wrong with these sort of things.

Has anybody had experience with their console not reading discs anymore?
What did you do to fix it?
If there is a step by step tutorial online or on youtube that you followed, please share the link with me.
I've been dying to finish Wolf Among Us so I need to try fix this issue asap. :(

Erian1Mortal

Premium
As far as I've heard (never had that problem, had a RROD once though) that might actually be a broken CD Drive.
You could try a cleaning disc. Otherwise it's possible to replace that.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Compressed air is good to clean dust out if parts of you believe that's the cause after your cleaning session. Or a cleaning disc as said above.

Some other solutions here.

Only had 3 consoles that refused to read discs & that was both my PS1's and my PS2 but those were caused by faulty lasers.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Those optic parts in a disc tray are pretty much shot if you knock one out of sync.

Sometimes the motor that moves it can get worn over time which just means it's lived its natural life and is just worn out. If you are cleaning and force the motor around manually too much, you can break the mechanism as well.

You can buy new ones but it's often more worth it to replace the entire machine. They're not made to be easily replaced. Nor are replacement parts commercially available. It'd be a sketchy venture.

Source: I once had a second-hand PS3 that couldn't read discs any more except a random PSX game I had sitting around. You can buy new disc drives to replace it but the price + hassle adds up to a lot for an older machine.

Top Bottom