• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

WoW Trains Terrorists According To Australian Security Chief

Dark Drakan

Admin
Seems theres another crazy claim being made about the games industry and it doing bad thing, this time its the Australian Security Chief. He believes that the hugely popular online role playing game World Of Warcraft is being used to train terrorists.

Kevin Zuccato said:
Terrorists are being trained in games such as World of Warcraft to scout out simulated real-world environments, and train in weapons that are "identical to real-world armaments. Terrorists no longer have to travel to the target they want to attack to carry out reconnaissance, but create a virtual replica and rehearse an entire attack online. We need to start thinking about living, working and protecting two worlds and two realities.

Read Whole Article Here:

PC World of Warcraft trains terrorists! - CVG.com

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I did not know that terrorists where using Axes,Swords, Magic etc.

This is so ridiculous. I wonder what makes them think this. I understand that the game is kind of addictive and stuff, so it's a special situation, but this?

I really think that everyone tells what his head tells him without thinking it, thus increasing the "Game Hatred".

In a few years they will say that "hey in that game, the hero uses weapons, what tragedy, not only does it give ideas to terrorists but also transforms our children into them", which may sound funny now but is still absurd.

And of course no mention of movies like Rambo and terrorists right?:p

Dark Drakan

Admin
Tony_Redgrave;47651 said:
I did not know that terrorists where using Axes,Swords, Magic etc.

This is so ridiculous. I wonder what makes them think this. I understand that the game is kind of addictive and stuff, so it's a special situation, but this?

I really think that everyone tells what his head tells him without thinking it, thus increasing the "Game Hatred".

In a few years they will say that "hey in that game, the hero uses weapons, what tragedy, not only does it give ideas to terrorists but also transforms our children into them", which may sound funny now but is still absurd.

And of course no mention of movies like Rambo and terrorists right?:p

Its more the fact they are simulating environments similar to ones they are going to bomb and they are claiming that on WoW they can organise where they will all stand and detonate etc in the game without doing trial runs that could expose them in real life :lol:

Its crazy how absurd these claims are, also like the claims that Harry Potter glorifies Black Magic and Witchcraft... people with nothing better to do that criticize games and movies. Counter Strike was the last game to be claimed to be used for training terrorists.

Top Bottom