• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would you guys believe...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
...That not a one of my friends knows what DMC is? Cept one, and I don't see him very often... Why is the world deprived of such good games?! *sobbity sob sob*

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
:lol:. Only three of my friends know what it is, and only two actually like it :lol:.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Meh. You have more than I do, Haven! Lucky... Good thing lot's of people know about Valve's awesome game making skills though! All my friends know what Half-Life, Portal, and Team Fortress are! YAYZ! My friends think my obsession with lizard men is a bit weird though...

Keaton

Premium
As shocking as it sounds, Devil May Cry isn't held is very high regard any more. Devil May Cry 1 and 3 held peaks in its popularity and since 4 didn't live up to its predecessor (by mass opinion) some people lost interest/found other games instead ^^

I for one, adore the series and all its faults -- hopefully Devil May Cry 5 will not only drum up some hype, but also give the ol' Devil some new life and new-fan blood :D

EDIT: To answer your question, YES I would believe that some people haven't heard of the series. A close friend of mine hadn't heard of it until I told him -- guess what I got him for Christmas? I'll give you a hint...its 3 words and one number, begins with a D and ends in a 4, and is for the PS3 -- only cost me £7 ;)

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;196661 said:
As shocking as it sounds, Devil May Cry isn't held is very high regard any more. Devil May Cry 1 and 3 held peaks in its popularity and since 4 didn't live up to its predecessor (by mass opinion) some people lost interest/found other games instead ^^

I for one, adore the series and all its faults -- hopefully Devil May Cry 5 will not only drum up some hype, but also give the ol' Devil some new life and new-fan blood :D

EDIT: To answer your question, YES I would believe that some people haven't heard of the series. A close friend of mine hadn't heard of it until I told him -- guess what I got him for Christmas? I'll give you a hint...its 3 words and one number, begins with a D and ends in a 4, and is for the PS3 -- only cost me £7 ;)

I can only guess that you get your friend a copy of Devil May Cry 4 for 7 pounds. ^_^

The DMC series are pretty much nearly non-existent in Malaysia. Only handful of people knoes about the game, although anime fans in my country know about DMC, and some of them even cosplaying as Dante and Vergil.

aka958

Don't trust people
It feels like no one play the games i play around me except a very few.

Too many WOW players and Counter Strike players where i am... Hate both games and if i would be to mention Final Fantasy they would say it sucks but they don't even know what makes such an awesome game shine.
They don't know about Devil may cry nor Doom nor Prince of persia, what the hell is it with them?
All games i've seen most people play is WoW, counter strike, and Guitar Hero... :(

KRSkull

aka958;197100 said:
It feels like no one play the games i play around me except a very few.

Too many WOW players and Counter Strike players where i am... Hate both games and if i would be to mention Final Fantasy they would say it sucks but they don't even know what makes such an awesome game shine.
They don't know about Devil may cry nor Doom nor Prince of persia, what the hell is it with them?
All games i've seen most people play is WoW, counter strike, and Guitar Hero... :(

at least the people in where you live are better than the people in where i live.they only know four games. GTA, GT, Driver, and Winning Eleven (which they call The Japan League). any game beside these four games are considered as Animal's ****

aka958

Don't trust people
Some places got people playing good games and some doesn't have people playing these games famous all over the world just not in that district -.-

KRSkull

aka958;197105 said:
Some places got people playing good games and some doesn't have people playing these games famous all over the world just not in that district -.-

yes you are right but for someone like me who likes MGS, Doom, Prince of persia, Devil may cry, and a long list of games. A person like me who hate cars and football cannot go out and talk with my frinds about videogames. and it is making me crazy.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
C|J, they obviously love playing games that hold their hand. You put them in front of a TV, give them a copy of DMC 4 and set it to Devil Hunter mode and they'll bitch and whine that it's "too hard." That's why you PLAY! To get BETTER! Idiots... Bet they've NEVER played Ninja Gaiden...

Sparda™

Let's face It, Devil May Cry is a less popular franchise compared to the likes of Resident Evil, for example.

As for Devil May Cry 5, It will be out in 2011. It will also mark the 10th anniversary of the franchise, since Devil May Cry 1 was released in 2001.

Top Bottom