• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would people like any other media spinoffs/ adaptation for dmc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
A movie interpretation is rarely the same as that of the original media, but picking up the important things of the story and then the director uses it to tell his/her version of it. Doesn't necessarily make the movie bad - it's just not exactly the same as the original media. If people expect it to be the same, then they are expecting too much.

There are of course some cases where the movie DO turn out to be bad. E.g. the Last Airbender movie... though it was beautifully made, they totally dropped the ball on the characters' personalities which is what makes the anime so good, in my opinion. Oh, and Tekken too... but then again, movies based on fighting games rarely turn out well...
yeah ur right :)

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
If i ever make a game many people like i will never sell the rights to phony Hollywood for them to make movie unless i am 100% positive it will be a positive thing for all fans.

Example Devil May Cry is an 3d animation right? Then it's not meant to be adapted to real life movie. It should stay as a 3d movie.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ehh, not really since the aesthethic isn't as outrageous as the aesthetic from street fighter or dbz so its possible to do it in live action.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
Ehh, not really since the aesthethic isn't as outrageous as the aesthetic from street fighter or dbz so its possible to do it in live action.
Come to think of it you are right. But will it be successful? I don't think so. It requires so much work. And Hollywood are "Finish fast, earn money fast".

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Any movie adaptation or any cross-media adaptation in general has about a 50% chance of being successful minus dbz.
It's all about picking the right property for the right medium and accepting that you are gonna have to make changes to make it work but that doesn't mean you don't have to throw out everything.
Other than that, I would need an example.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Any chance to see more Dante would be greatly appreciated. I played Shin Megami Tensei III: Lucifer's Call which had Dante as a hidden character and loved it even though the game wasn't about Dante at all. So hell yeah to more stuff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom