• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Would people like any other media spinoffs/ adaptation for dmc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Would people be interested in other media spinoffs or adaptation for DmC like a graphic novel or animated feature adapting the game for other mediums. Or an animated series or comic book detailing what happens after DmC like weekly adventures of Dante hunting demons or something.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
a graphic novel would be good.
Apparently the 'movie' that has been announced for the DMC franchise, is to be released alongside this new game.

Kammosjuttu

Like VB already said, the movie seems to be a DmC one; I have nothing against that, even though I wouldn't have anything against it, either, if they decided to do also "classic DMC" movie, but of course they won't do both. Whatever they do, I know I will check it out because of curiosity as to how they can make such a series into a movie.
And what comes to novels/comics/artbooks/etc... they have been already discussed in one other thread, but my opinion about it hasn't changed since then, so I'll still be saying that most likely I would get it. Curiosity killed the cat, yes, but neverthless I am curious, haha.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
I dont mind having more DmC content. I haven't read any of the novels, i just play the games (watch the anime too... didnt care for it that much) but some people are into the books and movies and what not, and its a good way to further flesh out the universe in dmc

Blitzsnow2

I would like to see a Movie, where Nero and Dante will again save the world. With a lot of Action and nice One Liners from our great Demon Hunters ;D

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Making it a movie tie-in game and those almost always suck. :p
what about Captain America? or was that the other way around?:confused:
but yea Tekken blew and so did DOA and also KofF. DmC the movie is going to suck big time. Unless its done in 3 parts or they make it a 13 episode tv show or just go back to the original franchise and make a CGI movie like FF7 then it will be good to watch

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
We will see If this movie could suck, or not
yes we will. I certainly am not anticipating the movie release. Movies and video games are two really different experiences and its very hard to capture something that takes weeks to accomplish and wrap it up in 2 hours.

edit:
more crap video game movies
bloodrayne 1-3 (dunno if there's a 4th but, it sucks too)
Mario Brothers
Resident Evil (its ok, but has little to nothing to do with the game)
Silent Hill (i actually like this movie)

Meg

what about Captain America? or was that the other way around?:confused:
but yea Tekken blew and so did DOA and also KofF. DmC the movie is going to suck big time. Unless its done in 3 parts or they make it a 13 episode tv show or just go back to the original franchise and make a CGI movie like FF7 then it will be good to watch
Captain America the game was all right. I never saw the movie.
I hope you knew I meant DmC the game will probably suck because its a movie-tie in game. Hehe

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Captain America the game was all right. I never saw the movie.
I hope you knew I meant DmC the game will probably suck because its a movie-tie in game. Hehe
i actually thought u meant the DmC movie was going to suck. Because i've never heard of a movie-tie in game before?:confused:

Meg

i actually thought u meant the DmC movie was going to suck. Because i've never heard of a movie-tie in game before?:confused:
Every game that was every released along side a movie is a movie tie-in game.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
if there's a movie it will most probably suck and wouldnt share the same story just look at prince of persia:sot
that movie sucked and really disapointed me :(

Asmodaius

I loved Prince of Persia the movie. I don't know why people found it sucky. No, it may not follow the game's story that much, but it was a beautiful movie with a great story none the less. One of the best, if not THE best movie based on a videogame, in my opinion.

You guys are such pessimists. I would love to see a DMC movie, and today they have the technology to make it become badass. If the whole movie rumour is true, then I can't wait to see it. ^^

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think DmC would be the first video game to have a movie tie in since the movie was announced after the game.

To answer my own question, it depends on what medium and whether or not DmC Dante was a character you would wanna follow in other mediums.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
^^ thats what i was saying.
as for video games turned into movies, Prince of Persia was a good movie, not great, imo, but i bought it so... yea. It reminds me of the mummy movies, which i think are really fun movies.

And ur right, the tech. that we have today could make the special effects in DmC look very real, but that doesnt make it a good movie.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
I loved Prince of Persia the movie. I don't know why people found it sucky. No, it may not follow the game's story that much, but it was a beautiful movie with a great story none the less. One of the best, if not THE best movie based on a videogame, in my opinion.

You guys are such pessimists. I would love to see a DMC movie, and today they have the technology to make it become badass. If the whole movie rumour is true, then I can't wait to see it. ^^

dude dont get me wrong id love to watch a DmC movie but my fears are that they may change the story alot like resident evil and that would suck.i even liked prince of persia the movie but compared to the game's storyline it sucked and was a dissapointment but a good movie.i hope they dont change the story alot.

Asmodaius

A movie interpretation is rarely the same as that of the original media, but picking up the important things of the story and then the director uses it to tell his/her version of it. Doesn't necessarily make the movie bad - it's just not exactly the same as the original media. If people expect it to be the same, then they are expecting too much.

There are of course some cases where the movie DO turn out to be bad. E.g. the Last Airbender movie... though it was beautifully made, they totally dropped the ball on the characters' personalities which is what makes the anime so good, in my opinion. Oh, and Tekken too... but then again, movies based on fighting games rarely turn out well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom