• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst Moment in Devil May Cry 2

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i just hate the coin flipping and op guns its a good game the wall running and moves are cool and lucia is fun but, it requires no skill to beat even on dmd

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i just hate the coin flipping and op guns its a good game the wall running and moves are cool and lucia is fun but, it requires no skill to beat even on dmd

Coin flipping?(sorry i havent touched dmc 2 or 1 yet because im trying to achievement whore 3 and 4 as much as possible first)

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
My plan for dmc3 is to s rank achievement in easy and use vergil for hard and then switch between the two for the other levels so i can focus on just getting them done lol as for dmc4 s ranking achievements the harder levels because of how many more enemies there are should be easier to s rank

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
in dmc4 on dmd enemies devil trigger and block and attack more so to s rank you need to juggle them and know the moves and attack chains to build the style to sss and keep it there. J'cing makes it easy on dmd regular combos make it harder and get you hit more which loses the rank ur on so its not as easy as you think.More enemies to a new player in dmd can be deadly so practice nd learn enemy and boss movesets so u can exploit there weakness.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
in dmc4 on dmd enemies devil trigger and block and attack more so to s rank you need to juggle them and know the moves and attack chains to build the style to sss and keep it there. J'cing makes it easy on dmd regular combos make it harder and get you hit more which loses the rank ur on so its not as easy as you think.More enemies to a new player in dmd can be deadly so practice nd learn enemy and boss movesets so u can exploit there weakness.

Got it so nero will come in handy for juggling i think ill have more trouble with dante on dmd on dmc 4 then anything else

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Dante makes dmd easier dude nero gets staggered in devil trigger and the enemy blocks the db nero also takes more damage. You can tank dmd with dante with royalguard alone if you perfect the timing also with jc nd trickster dante can kill in the air without ever touching the ground.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
For me, it's the combat. I don't know what happened there, or why, but that just killed the full enjoyment for the game. I can understand if the characters aren't all that strong or the story isn't that great, but the gameplay has to be solid....

And this b*tch. F*ck her
2893570-jokatgulm.jpg

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
He appears in DMC2 as a boss during mission 14 I believe...

okay and

For me, it's the combat. I don't know what happened there, or why, but that just killed the full enjoyment for the game. I can understand if the characters aren't all that strong or the story isn't that great, but the gameplay has to be solid....

And this b*tch. F*ck her
2893570-jokatgulm.jpg
what in the hell is this god awful thing?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I believe it is the first boss that Dante has in the game. She's just some frustrating octopus/loch ness mosnter/dragon thing.

LOL wow she doesnt look intimadating at all just oddly coloured and shaped i mean at least berial exibited some sort of intimidation when i first played dmc 4 and faced him i was like "OHHH HELLL NOW HOW THE HECK IS THIS FAIR" lol now hes a breeze

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium

The thing I hated about the guns was how it would start juggling them in the air for you after a while. Ruined some of the fun of being the one to launch 'em myself :/

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
The thing I hated about the guns was how it would start juggling them in the air for you after a while. Ruined some of the fun of being the one to launch 'em myself :/

Are the guns really that OP? i mean i love dmc 3 cuz gunslinger style acually damages enemies and stuns them a bit while in dmc4 the only guns worth using are pandora and the shotgun at best

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I believe they are nearly comparable to sword damage, but they offer that damage at a safe distance. They also stagger most enemies, and like I mentioned, after several hits, they go from their stagger animation into falling over, which also counts as being in the air for a moment, so you can bullet juggle many smallfry just by continuously shooting them until they fall over, and then you keep shooting to lift them into the air. I think they also used some weird new system for how bullets juggle, because they would actually lift them higher into the air, instead of working against gravity to keep the enemy up.

When you're in Devil Trigger your guns also turn into this crazy automatic fire - although it's represented in a cool way, because Dante's DT form just has these little gatling gun barrels sticking out from under his wrists.

DT_DMC2.png

As much crap as DMC2 gets for gameplay, it did have a lot of pretty cool imagery and overall ideas, especially the start of a lot of the things we know and love from the series.

One thing that I think DMC2 did very well with its gameplay that they sorta took from DMC1 was that you had like four different basic sword combos, all done by tilting the Left Stick at a different step in the combo. They had no pause combos (sadly) but having a handful of combos of varying length was still great.

EDIT: Oh oh, I forgot one thing that I wish they'd bring back - you could customize the Amulet with three socket for different gems, for things like added elemental properties, specific buffs like flight, even faster speed, or faster regen, and some for stopping time and stuff.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I believe they are nearly comparable to sword damage, but they offer that damage at a safe distance. They also stagger most enemies, and like I mentioned, after several hits, they go from their stagger animation into falling over, which also counts as being in the air for a moment, so you can bullet juggle many smallfry just by continuously shooting them until they fall over, and then you keep shooting to lift them into the air. I think they also used some weird new system for how bullets juggle, because they would actually lift them higher into the air, instead of working against gravity to keep the enemy up.

When you're in Devil Trigger your guns also turn into this crazy automatic fire - although it's represented in a cool way, because Dante's DT form just has these little gatling gun barrels sticking out from under his wrists.

DT_DMC2.png

As much crap as DMC2 gets for gameplay, it did have a lot of pretty cool imagery and overall ideas, especially the start of a lot of the things we know and love from the series.

One thing that I think DMC2 did very well with its gameplay that they sorta took from DMC1 was that you had like four different basic sword combos, all done by tilting the Left Stick at a different step in the combo. They had no pause combos (sadly) but having a handful of combos of varying length was still great.

EDIT: Oh oh, I forgot one thing that I wish they'd bring back - you could customize the Amulet with three socket for different gems, for things like added elemental properties, specific buffs like flight, even faster speed, or faster regen, and some for stopping time and stuff.

That sounds pretty cool actually and i wish they had kept the damage and fire rate for the guns in dmc 4 i hate how little damage e&i do in dmc4 :( also his dt looks wicked here but i still perfer dmc 3 or 4 version of dt and that amulet thing sounds like a cool thing to add and the combos are commanded by tilting? is it harder ?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
the combos are commanded by tilting? is it harder ?
Not at all, it's really just a different form of memorization, instead of remembering to pause after a certain step in a combo, you instead just start tilting the stick.

I can't quite remember them off the top of my head, but I believe there were four combos, and it depended on tilting the stick on the second, third, and fourth steps of your basic combo. I think...or maybe it was first, second, and third. @_@

Now I gotta go try this. I'll get back to you :p

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Okay, here's how it works.

Four Step Combo = No tilting
Three Step Wide Combo = Tilting at 1st step
Six Step Combo = Tilting at 3rd step
Five Step Launch Combo = Tilting at 4th step

Take the Six Step Combo there, it's done by doing this input...

B_t.gif
B_t.gif
Tilt+
B_t.gif
B_t.gif
B_t.gif
B_t.gif

...you don't even have to keep tilting the stick once it starts that combo. This of course, is overridden when holding R1 because stick inputs coupled with
B_t.gif
will make you do Stinger or Hightime.

Top Bottom