• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Worst Co-op Experiences

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Feed me your worst co-op exeriences. I want to hear it all: the horrible partners, the dumb comments, the glitches, the temper tantrums, the rage quits, pet peeves you've developed, all of it!

Just...y'know...censor the cursing, okay? For Berto's sake.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
when my older brothers played Lego Batman they got to the point where they were playing as the villains

then they fought over who got to play as the penguin until they both dropped the game and never played it again

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Worst one was the creepiest one. I was playing RSV 2 a few years back and had a good team going with some random guy from Manchester.

Things were fine...and then he found out I was female.

So it began...

There were the suggestive comments, the usual "I has biggest pen0r in wurld" stuff and then he took it straight to weird central by talking about the stuff he likes to do with his girlfriend. Like, unbelievably explicit detail. As in, I will never eat certain foods again sort of stuff.

Shame really, he was very good at RSV 2

La Femme Fatale

Her Royal Nonsense
I don't play online very often, and mostly when I do it's with people I know on REN. But once I was playing Resident Evil 5's Desperate Escape bonus mode with this really awkward dude - he kept asking for all the powerful weapons so I'd give it to him, which I didn't care because I prefer just using a rifle and handgun/TMP for DE anyway. But right before you enter the final 'battle arena' thing at the end, he discarded all his weapons except for the handgun and shot the gas canister I was close to. I tried to hang in there in spite but it was on veteran mode and I couldn't do it.

I also hate when people just use infinite rocket launchers and obliterate everything in their path. What's.the.point. Do that on your own time.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Playing TF2 on MvM with a friend. I'm playing Heavy, he's playing Medic. Some guy joins, picks Heavy and tells me to go Demo. I tell him I'm terrible as Demo, but he doesn't listen. We lose, he blames me. I go Heavy, suddenly we do well, and he tells me I'm still dragging the team down. Throughout all of this, he's "coaching" everyone else and constantly mispronouncing my name. Is it REALLY that hard to say "DreadnoughtDT"? I even explained it to him and he kept doing it. "DreadnatDT". Wat.

We won, but not before votekicking the hell out of mister team captain.

Oh, and his mic may as well have been broken. Every other sentence was a horrific burst of ear-rending static instead of actual words.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
From what i'm getting here this is why i think more gamers should start hosting their own online multiplayer & co-op lobbies instead of joining random game sessions.
Or at least turn game settings to private allowing only friends from friends lists to join & not every random gamer jumping into any game blindly.

That way you'd gain more control over who's involved, sometimes which gamers to kick, which gamers you want in your gaming sessions, etc.

Also better lobby control should be more common & efficient, something all developers should've done & not focusing more on how many can join & let anyone join you whenever, but how can hosting be made easier & how can developers improve management in host lobbies.

That's easy to do when you have a group of 5 friends to play MvM with, but I only have one other friend who plays TF2, so unfortunately it won't work for me.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
All my co-op experiences have been awesome. I know my friends that I co-op with wouldn't say the same though lol
86d4d086b239fdc0ec4677d75add7d747ea729e5bb7810e150f6a751c40e0a44_1.gif

Yeah. I'm the one who usually ends up putting everyone else at risk to save my butt.
If I haven't said it before, I suck at games. Love them, but I'm terrible.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Current Co-op pet peeves: Tanks who refuse to tank (why are you even playing them if you're scared?!), teammates who wait right until you've fired a shot to walk right in front of you...making you waste your shot (wtf, guys? >_<), people who are seriously so incompetent that it's amazing they haven't spontaneously exploded...and then blame the rest of the team when they lose, people who are still amazingly incompetent and yet somehow think they have a right to coach the team.

From what i'm getting here this is why i think more gamers should start hosting their own online multiplayer & co-op lobbies instead of joining random game sessions.
Or at least turn game settings to private allowing only friends from friends lists to join & not every random gamer jumping into any game blindly.

That way you'd gain more control over who's involved, sometimes which gamers to kick, which gamers you want in your gaming sessions, etc.

Also better lobby control should be more common & efficient, something all developers should've done & not focusing more on how many can join & let anyone join you whenever, but how can hosting be made easier & how can developers improve management in host lobbies.

While I do fully agree, I also think @DreadnoughtDT has a point. What if you want to play and you don't have enough friends for a match? Or none of your friends are on? Or no one wants to play/has that game? Then you're kinda forced into playing with strangers...which usually seems to lead to about 50% of them being horrible people. :S I do wish there was an option in more games to mute other people's mics or hide their chat comments, though.

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I only tend to play co-op with my older brothers, or my other friends. Even then I feel like I'm the one causing the bad experiences rather than having them. For example: throwing a Molotov at my brother in Dying Light when he got up to go to the bathroom. :angel::whistle:

Dark Drakan

Admin
I personally never really play co-op games with random people, I would always opt to play them with friends and if I didnt have anyone to play online with then I would hope there was a split screen mode to play locally. I have found far more AI team mates in co-op titles worse than any human players I have played with.

I do like a good mix of randomers and friends in most online games however (outside of co-op modes) and player hosted servers arent always a great idea purely based on performance reasons. As connection speeds can vary which can increase server lag as normally they are only set to run as fast as the slowest connection & if hosts have that slow connection it can cause many problems & give hosts an advantage (hence why most are pushing for dedicated servers).

Also the growing problem of player admin abuse such as kicking players for killing them (within game rules), changing score limits if they are losing and purchasing hacks such as 'kill switch hacks' to instantly kill other players. I tend to find servers I like and trust and stick to them as players who abuse systems and are generally a pain get banned. All games allow mute on consoles and easy to mute players on PC too.

Top Bottom