• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Word on the sales are that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
It had to be Dante since Vergil wasn't in the original version.

You can level up and stuff but you got to start Hard Mode with zero upgrades or fresh as if you were doing a New Game (that is the only way to do it) and play on Yellow Orb Mode since the original version didn't had Gold Orb mode as an option. Then you'll feel the pain of those who played the original version first.

Ok so hard mode new game dante yellow orb mode anything else?

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I dont suppose there is some way to find out even a rough estimate of how many people could not complete the game and how tough they actually rated it?
Not sure, but I can tell you that it is hard. I remember when I first played it, the Cerberus fight was so hard, and this was on normal mode. However, it does become easier if you collect all the health and devil meter. All these years later, I have finished the game on all modes except for Heaven/Hell mode. I kept dying on a level and just gave up because it was sp frustrating. :banghead:

Maybe we could make a poll on this forum to rate DMC3 for difficulty?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Not sure, but I can tell you that it is hard. I remember when I first played it, the Cerberus fight was so hard, and this was on normal mode. However, it does become easier if you collect all the health and devil meter. All these years later, I have finished the game on all modes except for Heaven/Hell mode. I kept dying on a level and just gave up because it was sp frustrating. :banghead:

Maybe we could make a poll on this forum to rate DMC3 for difficulty?

sounds like a good idea i cant wait to see just how hard this mode is

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Hopefully the next game they come out with will sell mor then 2 million..if made correctly
If they mae another game. Who knows what they are planning right now. :wink:

Hell yeah I'm getting Fatal Frame! *looks at DmC sales* ...Lol
I played all three Fatal Frames back in the day-- good games. I still play them from time to time. Not as scary as they once were, but still a lot of fun.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman

I played all three Fatal Frames back in the day-- good games. I still play them from time to time. Not as scary as they once were, but still a lot of fun.

What are they like?

AlastorSword

“Must not sleep... must warn others."

Never played Fatal Frame 2 unfortunately. The first and third were great so I certainly wouldn't want to miss the chance.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
What are they like?
They're set in Japan and revolve around folklore and angry spirits who you fight with a magical camera. Each game has a different protagonist, and the 3rd game has 3. There is a 4th game released on the Wii, but this was only released in Japan.

They are pretty good fun. Sure, the graphics aren't as detailed as current gen, but they still look good.

Gameplay can be scary as you have to wait for ghosts to come really close to fight them effectively.

Never played Fatal Frame 2 unfortunately. The first and third were great so I certainly wouldn't want to miss the chance.
You should give it a go. It was my favourite out of the three, mainly because of the story. It's pretty emotional.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
They're set in Japan and revolve around folklore and angry spirits who you fight with a magical camera. Each game has a different protagonist, and the 3rd game has 3. There is a 4th game released on the Wii, but this was only released in Japan.

They are pretty good fun. Sure, the graphics aren't as detailed as current gen, but they still look good.

Gameplay can be scary as you have to wait for ghosts to come really close to fight them effectively.

You should give it a go. It was my favourite out of the three, mainly because of the story. It's pretty emotional.

Sounds liek a decent game:)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Duuuuudddeeee. Fatal Frame 2 is the DMC3 of the franchise. But if you have a wii get it for that. I heard it's the most complete version of the game with a ton of endings and more unlockables than any previous version. The PS2 is the most bare boned one.

But, the sale ended already, didn't it? I got the two off PSN when they went on sale (and I just bought Beyond Good and Evil HD for $2.50).

I talked about FF a little on the runes topic on general. They are creepy games and they suck to play in the dark.

AlastorSword

Will do!

AlastorSword

Duuuuudddeeee. Fatal Frame 2 is the DMC3 of the franchise. But if you have a wii get it for that. I heard it's the most complete version of the game with a ton of endings and more unlockables than any previous version. The PS2 is the most bare boned one.

But, the sale ended already, didn't it? I got the two off PSN when they went on sale (and I just bought Beyond Good and Evil HD for $2.50).

I talked about FF a little on the runes topic on general. They are creepy games and they suck to play in the dark.
Wow that sounds pretty orgasmic actually. I'll be looking forward to that then :D It's also great because I don't have many games for my wii unfortunately. Thinking of this as a second coming.

Oh really? >_> Well that's alright I guess. I just got paid this week and I'm pretty loaded. I'm sure the game is worth the full price lol.

Fatal Frame + Darkroom = profit I always say! Sets the mood just right!!

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
I c
Yeah but due to DMC3 SE price cut (I think it had a price cut like around $20 compared to the original) so its hard to count the SE in there but it is still impressive that a Special Edition can sell so well or so close to the original game. I guess those who didn't buy DMC3 bought it along with some of those who bought DMC3 bought it again.

Then again one reason why DMC3 sold so poorly was due to
A. DMC2 poor reception
B. The extremely high difficulty turned many off (some couldn't even beat the game)
I understand your point. But to me personally, I'm just thinking "It's the same game but a different version" which, yes is a "duh" obvious. But for me that is enough to include it. That and it means DMC3 sold over 2 million copies which makes me smile :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom