• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will Vergil return?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
You know that is the exact same theory people had about DmC's story except they said Dante from DMC was going to show up from another dimension.
I wrote a fanfic like that so great minds think alike I guess.

V's powerset of summoning demons to fight for him would fit DmC Vergil more than Classic Vergil.

I think the theory goes "DMC2 Dante ends up in DmC instead of Limbo".

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Just hope he's the third playable character and not the noctis looking guy
I agree with this, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Either there's going to be four playable characters, or Capcom won't make Vergil playable at all -- and wait about five years before releasing yet another Special Edition.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
A part of me hopes that this is post-Nelo Angelo Vergil, I have a wild speculative theory that probably isn't going to be anywhere near true, but I think this would be really cool.

Basically, Vergil's soul doesn't exist in one place anymore. Most of it probably died with him in DMC1, but fragments of it might exist in Nero, Yamato, other memorabilia etc. I'd like to imagine vergil clawed back from the abyss of hell and is trying to reunite with the other parts of himself to finish business with dante, or make one last grab at that ultimate power he always wanted.

My only "evidence" for this is the way Nero reacted when he got ahold of Yamato. Like 2 fragments of Vergil reuniting and resonating with possible relative blood.
It's not as crazy as you think it is. It's the same theory most have. Given how the trailer shows off a physical form of Sparda, or a modification of Vergil (I'm talking about the red demon from the trailer).
I agree with this, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Either there's going to be four playable characters, or Capcom won't make Vergil playable at all -- and wait about five years before releasing yet another Special Edition.
Kinda like DMC3 SE. :D
That video made ZERO sense after the whole Vergil/mom sex thing.

windleopard

My personal theory is that Vergil will return but V will be more a part of Vergil.

Let me explain. Remember how in Final Fantasy Advent Children, Sephiroth was reborn into three beings? The same could be said of Vergil here. V is a piece of Vergil's being reborn and his scenario will be about him trying to become whole again.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If Vergil returns, I hope for something in DMC5....
- Upgrade his arsenal & his Devil Trigger
- A new fashion
- Interaction with Nero. Hopefully explaining how he was born and all.

Top Bottom