• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

will i like dmc 1???

Status
Not open for further replies.

the weird

i played dmc 3 (special edition) and 4, i liked them both and i am thinking about buying dmc 1 (maybe 2 later on)
but i dont know if i will like them maybe there are lots of things not possible wich i am used to......

Mundusx19

Crimson Pitch
3 and 4 are a lot different from 1. The atmosphere in number 1 is a true macabre/horror setting and it focuses a lot more on that than any of the other games. Personally, I prefer number 1 to any of the others, and it being dirt cheap, you should definitely buy it.

The SSStylish one

Formerly DanteTheDevil
It's DMC, maaan. You WILL like it, many people say that it is actually da best of da series. However, i would not recomend buying DMC2.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Mundusx19;169644 said:
3 and 4 are a lot different from 1. The atmosphere in number 1 is a true macabre/horror setting and it focuses a lot more on that than any of the other games. Personally, I prefer number 1 to any of the others, and it being dirt cheap, you should definitely buy it.

+rep cause that is soo true.:lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
more Horror and more epic bosses? at least i think so. more story with Dante facing the monsters and more missions. bigger secret missions also i think... and i think it got a better enviroment than both 3 and 4. also i've never ever played it :p

Balious

I would deffiantly go out and buy the first one. Better then the others. It has good music, cool bosses, cool enemies (sort of) and dante is in it (obviously).

Just for those reasons makes me wanna buy the game and play it.

UchihaClanLeader

SSSlayer of demons
Worth buying it? Totally yes. It gives you much details about Dante and, in this game, he has some badass Devil Arms such as sword Sparda, Alastor and Ifrit, all 3 weapons ready to kick some butts.

SpArDaCaN =/)

"Toasty!"
here is a video just to show you how it is. I tried copying the guys moves that he did I already unlocked all the stuff he got and it took me months but these are best videos that shows the full Potential and enjoyment of it. This is the best quality I recommend just putting it in normal view, but just look at the gameplay i did not put the final boss just not to spoil anything, but your welcome to watch it if you want. DMC 1 shows how the sparda sword changed in dmc 4 (go from top-bottom):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oryJGOvqMqA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI0V-RICHn4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6veT1lJUL-4&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r1EOjBMPpQ&feature=related

MrGore

DMC1 is a MUST, it's an awesome, I still play it from time to time, Dante looks way better there than in the DMC1 costume from DMC3, it's just different, weapons Ifrit and Alastor are awesome, I rather Ifrit to Bewulf, when I have Ifrit equiped I just feel safe, lol.
Nightmare betha e way coller than the DMC3 version.

Anyways, DMC1 is that game that get's you to dig Dante in the first place, and your DMC experience is not complete without it.

After you get it I also recomend you get DMC2 (and now everyone in the forums get together to murder me) the thing is the game is not that bad, Dante is more adult but still Dante, Devil trigger form is awesome, the only cons are the repetitive gameplay cause weapons are all the same, and the game beeing way to easy, and I don't remember much puzzling to beat levels, it's just walk by and kill.
But it's not so bad, just not as goog as the others.

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
the back grounds for 1 are more demon like....all though the controls are very different

NeroAngelo

Sure you will like it's DMC dude ! :p

No seriously DMC1 is different of the other dmc I think...

I'ts like... I don't know... More serious maybe ? :eek:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
NeroAngelo;259261 said:
Sure you will like it's DMC dude ! :p

No seriously DMC1 is different of the other dmc I think...

I'ts like... I don't know... More serious maybe ? :eek:

More gothic, I think is the right word. It's darker.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
It's also my favorite because of that. Especially the last eight or so missions, when you're in the possessed castle and then finally, Hell itself. It's awesome.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Animeistehsux;259599 said:
I didn't like the first one, the controls felt jammy and the action was sub-par

The fourth one was much better

not sure if i can answer that! dmc4 was the only game i played, see. but i'm sure more of the hardened dmc fans here can shed some light for you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom