• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will DmC be like the Resident Evil movies?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
What I mean is will DmC movies be different from the Resident Evil movies?
Isn't that the opposite question?
They are based on two different franchises so they will be very different from each other. There is no reason to think they will have more in common that any two Hollywood action movies.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
yes it will from my experience it will suck like all other videogame movie (and until i see the Ace Attorney movie i can say all videogame movies suck)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Will DmC movies be like the Resident Evil movies?
maybe it would easier if you gave us more of an idea of what you mean since your question is too vague.

On a sidenote, I feel that the classic DMC made into a movie might be similar to Resident Evil as things(canon) might be different from the games.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
What I mean is that if Hollywood did Resident Evil movies featuring Alice, why not do DmC movies as well?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
What I mean is that if Hollywood did Resident Evil movies featuring Alice, why not do DmC movies as well?
next time just say that.

The thing is, RE has a rotating cast of characters with a new lead every now and then so you could say there is no one central character that defines the franchise.

But with this series its Dante so no need to bring in a new character.

kryptoknight

next time just say that.

The thing is, RE has a rotating cast of characters with a new lead every now and then so you could say there is no one central character that defines the franchise.

Agreed. And it really just depends on who writes the script.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda

Tell that to Paul Anderson's treatment for castlevania that added a female main character who overshadowed Simon Belmont and was clealy written as a career vehicle for Milla Jovovich...

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Might be a bad movie, like most RE movies. I found it to be very sudden, this movie announcement, so I'm not sure what to think.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Tell that to Paul Anderson's treatment for castlevania that added a female main character who overshadowed Simon Belmont and was clealy written as a career vehicle for Milla Jovovich...
To be fair, Lucia overshadowed Dante in dmc2 and most dmc stories had a supporting character that was the driving force of the story. Most of episodes of the anime were like that as the client of the week ended up overshadowing Dante so it wouldn't be that drastic a change.

I think it wouldn't be as much a problem if they avoided the pitfalls the Alice character of RE movies fell into, as in she was a Mary sue that was god-mode and stole elements from other RE main characters, they would just fine.

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Will DmC movies be like the Resident Evil movies?
Maybe, Dante and Alice follow two similar trades. Both say "My name is Alice/Dante" and both begin their journey...naked. Shower scene for Dante please! XD

Jokes aside, if you mean will the DmC film follow on after the Resident Evil films are done, I think that's very possible. There's only going to be one more Resident Evil live action film, and then that'll be it. Capcom will probably want to keep the game-to-film trend going with their games and will need something else to follow on once RE is done. That's probably why if there's a DmC sequel, they'll get it underway straight away, so a second game might already be out by the time a DmC live action is made.

I just hope it'll be good. Considering there's a lot more material to use than Resident Evil started with (being there were only a few cutscenes in the early games which were a couple of years old anyway. hence why the Resident Evil films often differ from the games plot) it's possible for them to pull something off. It all depends on how it's done and who they hire to play the roles.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
If Dante goes what Alice is narrating, then that'd be nice.

"My name is Dante. I'm a nephilim. A son of Sparda."
"My name is Alice. I have worked for the Umbrella Corporation."

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
The Resident Evil movies weren't that bad.

At least if Devil May Cry movies are put up they'll be better.

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
I'd prefer it as a CG installment; would allow for much more creativity. In my opinion, Reisdent Evil Degeneration and Damnation were better than the live-action ones.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
technically there is an alice character in DMC and it would be funny if they tap Milla Jollovich to play her older self and her daughter to play the younger self.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder who'd play the characters on DmC now that it is rebooted. How would they blend both DmC & DMC universes together.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Wonder who'd play the characters on DmC now that it is rebooted. How would they blend both DmC & DMC universes together.
i think you could just have the VA's for the reboot reprise their roles for the DmC movie.

the second part of your question is tricky but doable but it depends on how you want to go about it.

Do you want to make the events of the classic series fit the reboot or do you want the reboot to fit the classic series?

Top Bottom