• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Will DmC be like the Resident Evil movies?

Zato-OW

King
Another way to try and milk a series. Great job Capcom. If they do it then they really better get it right. The Blade series were actually pretty well done(3 was good but it was the worse one imo). But I can see DMC being similar to those types of movies. I doubt it will do well but w/e, just look what the RE movies have turned into. Things like this should stay in the realm of CGI/anime/manga and video games. Though I think DMC would suit better as a CGI movie like Final Fantasy. It would do everyone justice to be honest.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
i think you could just have the VA's for the reboot reprise their roles for the DmC movie.

the second part of your question is tricky but doable but it depends on how you want to go about it.

Do you want to make the events of the classic series fit the reboot or do you want the reboot to fit the classic series?

Well how do you blend DmC's story with some costumes from DMC. I'm not sure.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well how do you blend DmC's story with some costumes from DMC. I'm not sure.

its not that hard, they have a unlock-able DMC3 costume for the reboot.

I was talking more story and continuity rather than costumes tho. Costumes aren't that big a deal to me so if a character gets redesigned to fit the screen it's not a big deal.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
technically there is an alice character in DMC and it would be funny if they tap Milla Jollovich to play her older self and her daughter to play the younger self.

If they put Jovovich in a DMC movie I'm leaving this planet.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
If they put Jovovich in a DMC movie I'm leaving this planet.
have fun hitchhiking to pluto.

i think she can be a good actress, just not in the resident evil films. I've seen her do good work in other films like stone or the fifth element but i think the re films or the three musketeers movie weren't her best work.

Would they put Milla Jovovich in DmC. For the next game? Maybe she'd play Trish.
Not really since she might have other projects in the works and they might not even think to call her. They might have a difference actress in mind.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
you gotta learn how to actually explain yourself and be specific and what you are trying to ask us.

Sorry. For like this....
Matrix references
- Dante is in some club. Kat finds him and warns him that the demons found him and are watching him.
- He receives a call from the masked man who is his brother Vergil, who he doesn't know about... yet. At first, he denies, but after fighting the Hunter, he gets the call again and offers him to come meet face to face.

For the Resident Evil part where demons roam around the cities and stuff. And the Blade reference, let's just I'm having that part where Dante becomes a permanent demon slayer & rebuilds his old home to Devil May Cry.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Sorry. For like this....
Matrix references
- Dante is in some club. Kat finds him and warns him that the demons found him and are watching him.
- He receives a call from the masked man who is his brother Vergil, who he doesn't know about... yet. At first, he denies, but after fighting the Hunter, he gets the call again and offers him to come meet face to face.

For the Resident Evil part where demons roam around the cities and stuff. And the Blade reference, let's just I'm having that part where Dante becomes a permanent demon slayer & rebuilds his old home to Devil May Cry.

That might be a double-edge sword as you dont want to have your influences rule your film.

Actually the matrix references you describe could work as the game actually begins with dante in a club.

The RE idea could be redone as Dante tries to find allies in the demonic community as Phineas tries to tell him that not all demons are evil and your Blade could be a good end credits montage.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
That might be a double-edge sword as you dont want to have your influences rule your film.

Actually the matrix references you describe could work as the game actually begins with dante in a club.

The RE idea could be redone as Dante tries to find allies in the demonic community as Phineas tries to tell him that not all demons are evil and your Blade could be a good end credits montage.

Whattaya mean double-edged sword?

As for the RE referrence, like how Alice records herself with the "My name is Alice... I have work for the Umbrella Corporation."

How would you make it like that? "My name is Dante... I'm the son of Sparda & Eva. I'm a Nephilim... a hybrid of angel and demon."

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Whattaya mean double-edged sword?

As for the RE referrence, like how Alice records herself with the "My name is Alice... I have work for the Umbrella Corporation."

How would you make it like that? "My name is Dante... I'm the son of Sparda & Eva. I'm a Nephilim... a hybrid of angel and demon."
its a act that is both beneficial and harmful like with the tv show Arrow which is a batman-begins style take on the superhero Green Arrow centering on his youth and early years, main problem with that show is that is is to much like batman begins to have its own identity.

If we ever do a DMC3 movie we could just name the city" racoon city" or "Badger city" just as a shoutout to RE as the city is never named in the old games.

that seems like something you would put at the end.

Top Bottom