• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Wii Sensor Bars

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've had problems with the wii for months. I first thought it was the wii-mote... so today i got Wii play with Wii-mote... but it still doesn't work properly.
I started to think that maybe the room was too small, but, i have had no problems before.

I decided to speak to my mum and asked her whether i could try the console out on the big tv in the living room.
She agreed. After i unplugged the console, i pulled on the wire...

there were chew marks all the way up the wire!
Our kitteh gotz destructive....
21 chew marks!
:mad:

I'M FUMIN!

ANYWAY!
does anyone know how much it would cost to replace the damn thing? (Not the cat, the sensor)

I thought i'd throw the story in to give you a larf...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yes, they are. They're official Nintendo products.

I should know, my dog's done the same thing to my cable. :wacko:

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Well, ever since i found it... I've not seen the cat!

I can't imagine the damage a dog would do...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Sorta off subject but I felt like sharing that my cat chewed my PSP charger cable about 2 days after I got the damn thing! >_<

So I had a PSP, but no power!

alyssataylor1962

The sensor bars are pretty cheap. Probably ten USD.The Sensor Bar is nothing more than two sets of infrared lights on either end of the bar.Those act as triangulation points for the monochrome digital camera at the end of the Wii Remotes.If that doesn't work sync another remote.If it still doesn't work then you have to buy a new sensor bar.They know have wireless sensor bars.

Keaton

Premium
@alyssataylor1962: That was an awesome post...sure, I'm a NintenGeek but cool ^_^

@VB: Just to add to all the opinions, Sensor Bars are really cheap to replace. A Cheap 3rd Party one is just £3.99, whereas (gimmick products aside) PowerA do a Wireless Bar for around £15.99, it requires batteries but, PowerA are a fantastic company who work closely with Nintendo, and I'll probably be picking up one of them myself in the next few months.

So, its not a big deal really.
A close friend of mine dropped his Wii Remote + Nunchuck into a Sink of Hot Water when he was 'cleaning' it. It cost him £30 to replace the mote, £15 to replace the chuck and a further £30 to replace the Motion Plus he had attached! The Wii has the most expensive Gaming control system to date, if you want 4 players for a Motion Plus enabled game...well, be prepared to spend around £300 for that set up! O_O;

Ouch. Good thing I only rarely play multiplayer...and even then its usually 2 player.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Thanks everybody.

I have got a replacement. I bought a second hand official one for £10.99
I have no idea where to keep it because Tilly (the cat) is everywhere. As soon as she saw the new bar, she was after it. :(

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
D'you have a closet your cat can't get into? Keep it in there when you aren't playing the Wii then.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
The house isn't that big, so there aren't many hiding places.
I've hid the bar and the wii under a towel, and stuck the wiimote and nunchuk on top.
So hopefully she won't be that interested.

Top Bottom