• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Vergil have to do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

heavensinx

Why Vergil have to do this? Vergil grab Dante's amulet and cut Dante's right hand when fight on the tower and at the last,Vergil cut Dante's left hand before he dropped.Why?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The 1st time was an act of superiority. As he was grabbing Dante's amulet Dante tried to get it back so Vergil cut his hand to stop him from doing it.
In the last scene Vergil had decided to fall from the waterfall. Dante tried to catch him and persuade him against that act so Vergil cut him to prevent him from doing it. Also by that showed him that he should hurry and return to the human world since Vergil's mind was already made up.
Finally it was a brotherly act too. Since their personal fight truly began when he 1st cut Dante's hand, but re-cutting him showed him that this finally ended.

Demon

The Bat Of Love
i think he does it as well to show that he is still the head brother.
like i have freinds who are twins one calls the other 'big brother' (like dante) because he was born before him, and they always fight and the older one (even if he gets beat) will do somthing to the younger to show he still the boss like have the last hit or word (vergil cutting Dantes hand), but thats what i think is going on with Dante and Vergil too

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
Mmmmmmmm, I have a different point of view when it comes to that. Vergil and Dante are twins born on the same day. As much as Vergil may want to believe, there is no older brother, there is no younger brother. How much wisdom and knowlegde are you gonna gather in...what? Five minutes? Three minutes?

Soppose their mother never told them who was born first, they would never know. From what I see in twins, (In real life too.) They tend to switch roles,like whenever the other may need it. For example, I think it was Dante who was playing the big brother role around the end of the game. Not because he whipped Vergil's a$$, but because he was the only one that seemed to have common sense and was stable at the time.

Dispite the fact that it didn't go all that great in the end, Vergil needed Dante playing the big brother role then and there. Just like Dante needed Vergil playing big brother for his awakening.

...Ahem...Please excuse my lecture...Hmmmmmmm, I should make a topic on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom