• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Ninja Theory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aka958

Don't trust people
Storm Silves;290043 said:
Optimism is what I live on. Although with every disappointment, it diminishes... :/

Exactly.

Optimism is what I lived on. Past tense.

Meg

Question. Has anyone here played any NT games? Just wondering because I haven't. :lol:
Although I would like to play Enslaved.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Meg;290086 said:
Question. Has anyone here played any NT games? Just wondering because I haven't. :lol:
Although I would like to play Enslaved.

Actually, I owned both Heavenly Sword and Enslaved, the only games they ever made. Heavenly Sword was a fun, but really short, game with a nice plot and main character....although the gameplay got repetitive at times. It was like a God of War hybrid, but not to its detriment, cause I found God of War's gameplay repetitive at times too. And it had nice graphics to boot, but a few framerate issues. Enslaved on the other hand...was meh. Ok characters and story, gameplay was uber simple as hell and boring. Also, good graphics....even worse framerates.

Heavenly Sword was NT's best game so far imo. Its really effing cheap right now too.

Tony

Demonslayer
darkslayer13;289999 said:
apparently ninja theory is good with stories for games which is the area devil may cry games have had the most issues with. ninja theory doesn't need to come up with anything new with the gameplay they just need to tweak the existing gameplay a bit. they should be able to handle that much.
how can you expect a good story from people, who even dont know in which year DMC was developed and whose opinion is, that Dante is not cool anymore x_X who even dont seem to have an idea of the original story of DMC...?

I think the reason for giving DMC to NT is that there employees wages are a lot cheaper then those of the Capcom staff

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Meg;290001 said:
Actually NT's past games have gotten good reviews. Just because they don't sell really well doesn't mean they are bad. :/

I thought this was exactly why CAPCOM are farming out. Because bad sales = bad.

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Also good reviews don't mean much to video game companies. The bottom line is profit. NT hasn't made a profitable game. Even though their games gotten good reviews, their sales has been quite...bad. Why dont you think there havent been a true Street Fighter game for 10+ years after Street Fighter III 3rd Strike? Well...part of it has to do with the decline of arcades here but mostly because of it's sales on console...3rd Strike was a failure in Capcom's eyes, and no amount of positive critical reception will change that.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
i dont know if he is the only good choice for storytelling cause i dont his work as a writer other than bayonnetta and that wasn't that good a story but i am interested in how the series would have looked under his wing since i go into DMC with dmc3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom