• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why is Classic Dante's skin in DmC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
I doubt he did. He couldn't even remember whenever DMC 1 came out.
Well you can't say that, you can only take him at his word unless you have proof of the contrary. Otherwise you are just speaking based on nothing but your own personal dislike for the guy. I find it hard to believe that even if he hated the game he would not have played it or any of the other ones just to know what the heck the series is about. Research is the first big part of any form of game development.

VergilNeroDante

True it might be. But still. Having Capcom there, they were able to grasp the story alittle bit better. BUT meh. Thats just from what I read up on.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Yeah and i'm not denying that as a possibility I just find it very unlikely. Also, having the actual people responsible for the games on call at any time would probably give them more insight than any of us have. They might even know what the whole point of Nero's existence really is lol.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
This is just straight-up retarded.

Straight. Up. Retarded.
200x200 image, so if anyone . . .
never-go-full-retard-tee_design.png

RebeledgeYamato

Yeah, because the skin was totally modelled in the last minute because of the sales.

Previous DMC's had no dlcs because there were no such thing as dlcs. Besides, why not having classic dante skin? His hair in this looks better than the original DMC3 dante, and besides what about Tameem? Are you butthurt or something? Tammem is not the only member of Ninja Theory's team, and even so, he personally loved the first PS2 DMC. He wasn't talking about "old dante sucks", and more like "old dante is old fashion". Which he is. Long, white haired, flashy looking protagonists are not the trend anymore. Not "cool".

And really, no matter how much people want to be offended by it, "not in a million years" was a joke. Simple as that.

Actually the only ones butt hurt by it are those like you who might happen to enjoy DLC based descisions. But then theres the matter of not putting in the game properly such as Vergils gameplay style. People need to stop acting as though locked content is the only offender, much less major offender. Its obvious why Vergil and Bloody palace were not implemented by the January release date. It would have pushed the game back till a date that would have required it to compete with Metal Gear Rising, and Bioshock Infinite.

About the wig joke, clearly NOT ONCE has Capcom ever trolled any of its fanbases. No sir, not in any game this generation. Sigh, are all you of you on the forums screwloose ; l . Because this has been an ongoing thing as ive pointed out in my video. Like the Megaman X Skin in Marvel VS Capcom 3. I guess DmC fans would rather judge the content on a video they probably haven't seen yet. Familiar sentiments from the advocates already echoed in the video to pointout a back pedal.

This video is what normal people call logic but then advocates for this game see nothing but irrational fanboyism.

Blacknerd

Because its a alternate coustem for those who want it. Also its not

No im not doing this its just a damned skin there is nothing else to say on this. Nore is there a point in going on about what tameem says or what you think he thinks when none of us know

AlchemistFromEden

Actually the only ones butt hurt by it are those like you who might happen to enjoy DLC based descisions. But then theres the matter of not putting in the game properly such as Vergils gameplay style. People need to stop acting as though locked content is the only offender, much less major offender. Its obvious why Vergil and Bloody palace were not implemented by the January release date. It would have pushed the game back till a date that would have required it to compete with Metal Gear Rising, and Bioshock Infinite.

About the wig joke, clearly NOT ONCE has Capcom ever trolled any of its fanbases. No sir, not in any game this generation. Sigh, are all you of you on the forums screwloose ; l . Because this has been an ongoing thing as ive pointed out in my video. Like the Megaman X Skin in Marvel VS Capcom 3. I guess DmC fans would rather judge the content on a video they probably haven't seen yet. Familiar sentiments from the advocates already echoed in the video to pointout a back pedal.

This video is what normal people call logic but then advocates for this game see nothing but irrational fanboyism.
they weren't implemented because they decided to do it after the game was finished and are still polishing it, seriously, there's no such thing as "last minute" in video game development, do you know how long it takes just to make an alternate costume? MONTHS, not days, period, AND there's concept art of the extra costumes in the game, when you say "OH THIS WAS SOOOO LAST MINUTE" you are immediately wrong because its pretty obvious you don't know anything about game development

WorkenOnMaLeft

So what is the big deal? They made that costume for the same reason Capcom put a bunch of different costumes in DMC3. Granted we will never go back to the day when you could unlock a ton of different costumes in game but that is not NT fault or even Capcoms fault that is just the way the gaming industry works now. Not having dlc is typically seen as a bad thing now and a bad business model. I'm glad we have dlc, means a game can be extended past it's play time. These costumes add or detract nothing from the game and are there for people who want it. If you dot then don't pay for it and move on.

And if people are still complaining about having to pay for dlc, well get over it and get a job, it's not going anywhere so stop bitching about it
exactly ifit wasnt for DLC then Vergils Downfall would have either:
1-come out in another "special edition" verzion of thegaame
2-been rushed and put sloppily into the game
3-best case cenario the game comes out a few months later.
4-recycled into a sequel 3-5 years down the line.
5-or worst case that particular story is simply left untold.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
He said on his twitter he liked the first DMC and wadda wadda. You could discard it as PR for himself since he's got this bad image with the fans, but the rest of his tweets would them say the opposite.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I doubt he did. He couldn't even remember whenever DMC 1 came out.

I still find this to be at the lowest end of the bullshit I've heard. Seriously, is that where we're at as a community? Thinking a dude is a piece of sh*t partly because he can't remember a date...?

Heaven forbid a guy forget a random date for a more-than-a-decade old game, and even remembering such a date isn't some sort of qualifier for working on a game :/ I barely remember when some of my favorite games came out, but that doesn't mean I love the games any less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom