• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why is Classic Dante's skin in DmC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebeledgeYamato

So Ninja Theory backpedaled and included a design they couldn't take seriously. Remember when Tameem said old Dante wasn't cool anymore? Or how about "not in a million years".....

Why is it in this game, and why is it DLC? Devil May Cry 3 gave at least 5 different costumes on PS2 and the HD Collection. Is it too much to ask for someone to not milk what Capcom believes is a genuinely good game. But then it might be happening because this game lacks strong sales compared to DMC4. It's a really pathetic attempt to garner sales.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta

So Ninja Theory backpedaled and included a design they couldn't take seriously. Remember when Tameem said old Dante wasn't cool anymore? Or how about "not in a million years".....

Why is it in this game, and why is it DLC? Devil May Cry 3 gave at least 5 different costumes on PS2 and the HD Collection. Is it too much to ask for someone to not milk what Capcom believes is a genuinely good game. But then it might be happening because this game lacks strong sales compared to DMC4. It's a really pathetic attempt to garner sales.
Or maybe it's Last minute fan service

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
Yeah, because the skin was totally modelled in the last minute because of the sales.

Previous DMC's had no dlcs because there were no such thing as dlcs. Besides, why not having classic dante skin? His hair in this looks better than the original DMC3 dante, and besides what about Tameem? Are you butthurt or something? Tammem is not the only member of Ninja Theory's team, and even so, he personally loved the first PS2 DMC. He wasn't talking about "old dante sucks", and more like "old dante is old fashion". Which he is. Long, white haired, flashy looking protagonists are not the trend anymore. Not "cool".

And really, no matter how much people want to be offended by it, "not in a million years" was a joke. Simple as that.

Ruisu

Even when dmc4 came out dlc's where not really a common thing to do.
hell, dmc4 didn't even had actual trophies/achievements.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

Well that is beside the point here.

You said there was no such thing as DLC at all when in 2008 there definitely was.

I simply pointed that out with DMC4 being released then.

It doesn't matter if it wasn't as common as it was today, fact is that it was out then.

8BitHero

Scrub
hell, dmc4 didn't even had actual trophies/achievements.
By 2008 (3 years after the Xbox 360 launch), DLCs were common but Capcom had their shi- together and respected the fanbase.

wallenb

Humanoid Typhoon
Why is having dmc3 dante costume a bad thing? i wish dmc4 had this, i wish dmc4 had any alternative costumes at all.

and the guy in the video seems more butt hurt than the people he is talking about. lol

@ToCool74
congrats on 1000!

i remember back in the day when i got my thousand post.... good times

Ruisu

Well, I still don't see a good reason DmC should not have this dlc skin. It's not like is some in-disc locked content or a mission missing from the game that you have to download.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
So what is the big deal? They made that costume for the same reason Capcom put a bunch of different costumes in DMC3. Granted we will never go back to the day when you could unlock a ton of different costumes in game but that is not NT fault or even Capcoms fault that is just the way the gaming industry works now. Not having dlc is typically seen as a bad thing now and a bad business model. I'm glad we have dlc, means a game can be extended past it's play time. These costumes add or detract nothing from the game and are there for people who want it. If you dot then don't pay for it and move on.

And if people are still complaining about having to pay for dlc, well get over it and get a job, it's not going anywhere so stop bitching about it

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
And if people are still complaining about having to pay for dlc, well get over it and get a job, it's not going anywhere so stop bitching about it

Thats kinda harsh don't you think?

And not all DLC is great.

Capcom is the perfect example of bad dlc practices such as having on disk locked content that is already ready for use but you have to pay for it.

You know how many people where ****ed off about that because they had to pay for content that was already ready on the disk?

I would say that would be a legitimate complaint as a consumer rather than bitching.

Granted the situation with DmC is different, but considering how you where apparently defending dlc as a whole I thought I would point that out for you.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Thats kinda harsh don't you think?

And not all DLC is great.

Capcom is the perfect example of bad dlc practices such as having on disk locked content that is already ready for use but you have to pay for it.

You know how many people where ****ed off about that because they had to pay for content that was already ready on the disk?

I would say that would be a legitimate complaint as a consumer rather than bitching.

Granted the situation with DmC is different, but considering how you where apparently defending dlc as a whole I thought I would point that out for you.
Well I apologize for not being clear enough, of course dlc is not all good, a lot of companies have horrible dlc practices, Capcom being one of them, still not the worst but up there. I just get tired of the constant longing by people to go back to the way it was in the ps2 era because it's very pointless and will never be that way. Sure it's fine to get outraged when a developer has bad dlc practices but complaining about it as a whole is useless

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Funny, fans say they want classic Dante in it, and now that he is, fans are mad?

That reminds me of this
5140591_460s.jpg

AlchemistFromEden

the same reason why chris has a costume like this in re5, that's a throwback to his stars
chrisbsaadesertwarfaren.jpg

seriously its like you people interpreted tameem as saying "I VOW NEVER TO INCLUDE ANYTHING THAT LOOKS LIKE CLASSIC DANTE IN MY GAME, oh and vergil's a dinosaur, suck it bitches"
seriously, its not some deep complicated reason and tameem isn't the ONLY person working on the game, he is the creative designer. HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE WORKED ON IT. and those same hundred of people spent hundreds of hours just modeling this costume.

AlchemistFromEden

btw the creator of that video is retarded, he ends the video asking
"IS IT CUTSCENE BASED CAPCOM" um, did you not see the part of the video when it was in a cutscene, you know, beginning AND the end

AlchemistFromEden

that, and video game production is a thousand times more expensive than it was on when dmc3 came out, and the work required is alot more in depth and much more time consuming, NO ONE'S MILKING ANYTHING!!! i'm tired of people who can't even make a 1 sec animation thinking doing stuff like this is easy

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
that, and video game production is a thousand times more expensive than it was on when dmc3 came out, and the work required is alot more in depth and much more time consuming, NO ONE'S MILKING ANYTHING!!! i'm tired of people who can't even make a 1 sec animation thinking doing stuff like this is easy
I agree, as someone who has worked on video games in the past I know it is extremely difficult and time consuming to make even the simplest games let alone one such as this. I have a new found respect for pretty much every game developer and have new insight on how hard it is and how they make decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom