• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why DMC1 is still that damn good.

DarkSlayer54

DMC1 is my favorite video game to date.
It had problems, such as the camera, the lock-on, and the controls... but everything else completely makes up for it.

Every now and then, I still play it on the PS3. Every time I play it, I still find something new. The last time I beat it, I found out that Dante ignores the Fetish's fire attack during one of his chargable attacks with Iftrit.

After I got the HD collection, I kind of realized that DMC2/3 kind of sucked. I liked DMC3 on the PS2 due to the super characters... but it's plagued by so many problems. The level design, and the enemy design were poor imo. The combat was good, though the style system was pointless to me... but it really took a step away from DMC1.

What I enjoy most about DMC1 is its combat. It was slower paced, and the 'puzzles' in that game were figuring out enemy weaknesses. It also rewarded the less skilled players with items if they took the time to find them.
Overall, DMC1 is unique to every other DMC game so far. They just kind of... expanded on a few idea's, and threw everything else out.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
DMC1 has the most charismatic bosses imo, certainly the generic enemies most worthy of respect and study, the finest settings established in the series to date from staging areas to battlegrounds. Some mechanics were improved later on but the brilliance of this game will never fade in the minds of those who played it.

Angelo Moreira

Vergil_Angelo
DMC1 is my favorite 2.the enemies are very well done in terms of tactics (remember the blue lion =') ) and the dodge system was the best, it felt more useful like it feels on ninja gaiden,.hell i dare say ninja gaiden wind reversed tecnique was totaly based on DMC1 and this is coming from a crazy ng black fan xD

Top Bottom