• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why DMC use actors from power rangers?

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Why DMC use actors from power rangers?

Ex. Daniel Southworth as Vergil, & Johnny Bosch as Nero

Who else will join? Amy Jo Johnson? Jason David Frank? Erin Cahill? Or another actor or actress from the legacy of PR?

EmotionsUntold

Unloved Someone
A lot of decisions for jobs are based on experience, so they probably had the motion capture and voice acting skills that they wanted ^_^

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Reubon was a Power Rangers stuntman as well. Part of it is the fact the these guys have long standing stunt work and martial art experience, and the added bonus that they can act is just part of the plus.

AK_Devil

AK Devil hunter
I know Johnny had a lot of experience as a Voice Actor from various anime like Wolf's Rain and Bleach. Besides, I think he's a great choice to join DMC.

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
Because the Power Rangers= Awesome. If you look back on it now, kids will think it's cheesy, but the moves and special effects for me were the greatest. <3 *Yellow Ranger was awesome.*

Chrysander

I can't think of anyone else better suited for the part! They need someone physically capable of the action who has an appropriate voice. It's part of what makes the cutscenes so good, because the voice actors do most of the motion capture.

GoldenNightmare

I'm glad they chose who they did for the DMC cast. ^^ they did a wonderful job.
Johnny is a really good actor and Dan is even better (bias I know ) lol
Would've been cool if Ruben was in power rangers
who do you think he would've been? Lol

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Reubon was, actually, in PR. He was one of the suit actors for when they filmed the american footage of the morphed rangers. IIRC, he was one of the suit actors for the Red Ranger during time force, though I could be wrong on the color. But he and Dan both started on PR as fellow stuntmen on Lightspeed, and then Dan landed the part of Eric, the Quantum Ranger, who disturbingly enough was almost a proto-Vergil in personality and goals. And keep in mind, Time force was airing in 2001, just around when DMC1 was coming out, so no one can say "Vergil influence the Ranger character." If anything, I'd say Vergil was influenced BY Dan's character in Time Force. o.o

I'm still waiting for some big Rangers joke to show up in DMC4.

Tawsie

Give Me More...
Dante Redgrave;65568 said:
Reubon was a Power Rangers stuntman as well. Part of it is the fact the these guys have long standing stunt work and martial art experience, and the added bonus that they can act is just part of the plus.

He was also Wendy Mac in B-Fighter Kabuto, some Japanese Power Ranger show.

Sicktress

Artist
OH MY GOSH I LOVED ADAM!!!! I CANT BELIEVE HE DID NERO's VOICE!! WOW... you learn something new every day, now I love Nero even more. YES I WAS A BIG POWER RANGERS (original) GEEK!! I had all the pens and toys and I wish I had saved them :(

Devil Hunter 95

Supreme Trickster
uh ok.....i still think Reubon was the best choice for Dante that CapCom could ever make the guy is a natural for the stuff Dante does.

Sparda™

Nero's voice was done by Johnny Yong Bosch, and he also did Nero's motion capture.

But, yeah, Reuben Langdon remains the best choice for Dante.;)

Top Bottom