• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why Bother Getting A New Console So Soon?

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
I'll only need a PS4 for MGSV and Final Fantasy XV. Most of my most anticipated games such as Castlevania: LoS 2, Witcher 3, Dark Souls 2, Kingdomcome and Shadow of Mordor are coming to the master race anyway
cookiemonster.gif

I really hope Square would consider bringing FFXV into the PC though. Kojima is already considering MGS V for the PC.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I really hope Square would consider bringing FFXV into the PC though. Kojima is already considering MGS V for the PC.

Nomura said they were consideringXV on the PC, too, since the dev engine they have is for building the games on the dev PCs and then easily porting them to any platform, optimized for that platform. So it's not entirely out of the question, and prevents sh!tty ports from being a thing.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Nomura said they were consideringXV on the PC, too, since the dev engine they have is for building the games on the dev PCs and then easily porting them to any platform, optimized for that platform. So it's not entirely out of the question, and prevents sh!tty ports from being a thing.

66413-attention-viperormiata-nerd-alert-1912-so-much-win_inline-jpgdateline1359787639.jpg

If they did then i guess i won't be needing a console for a long, long time.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Ultimately I think it will depend on if they make a game with the console's functions in mind, like using the Dualshock 4's touchpad or the Kinect.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Ultimately I think it will depend on if they make a game with the console's functions in mind, like using the Dualshock 4's touchpad or the Kinect.
Considering that the DualShock 4 and Xbox One's controller work for PCs or will work for PCs in the future through jury-rigging or official patches, it wouldn't be much of an issue if a game uses touchpad features or Kinect which I think can also be jury-rigged onto the PC. Also, with mice and keyboards, there's a ton more buttons that can be used in place of them. So, let's say FFXV uses the DS4's touchpad to gather mana or something like what inFAMOUS: Second Son is doing, well, the developers could have "Q" or "E" for that purpose. Kinect's a more messed-up story since there's nothing like it out there besides the Wiimote (and PS Move) which still acts like a controller while Kinect is just a sensor or the PS Eye way back when as a camera-feed-thingie. That said, Ryse: Son of Rome allowed players to use Kinect or normal controls. If Kinect picks up commands, it might be faster than using buttons, but M+KB still have tons of buttons to compensate for a lack of a sensor.

Dark Drakan

Admin
If Kinect picks up commands, it might be faster than using buttons, but M+KB still have tons of buttons to compensate for a lack of a sensor.

Voice commands are good for some games and wouldnt mind them being included in more games (such as squad commands) but gesture control takes way too much time for it to correctly pick up what you want to do in some games.

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Voice commands are good for some games and wouldnt mind them being included in more games (such as squad commands) but gesture control takes way too much time for it to correctly pick up what you want to do in some games.
Until we get Omni-Tools, gesture commands aren't going to be that great.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Until we get Omni-Tools, gesture commands aren't going to be that great.

Some work ok but normally have to be rather simplistic, anything overly complex just gets lost so never going to be very much depth with gesture controls. However I do really enjoy the squad commands using Kinect and they are useful and Kinect picking your voice up in games where its not even advertised as a feature (FIFA refs will yellow card you if you swear a lot like in real life) :laugh:.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Some work ok but normally have to be rather simplistic, anything overly complex just gets lost so never going to be very much depth with gesture controls. However I do really enjoy the squad commands using Kinect and they are useful and Kinect picking your voice up in games where its not even advertised as a feature (FIFA refs will yellow card you if you swear a lot like in real life) :laugh:.
All these gimmicks are just arbitrary. Video games are not going to get any better than just a controller in your hand unless they really perfect those things and actually make them work.

We have enough evidence to back though that they can't.

How many times has the gaming industry released things that are all screwed up? Whether it would be DRM or these new consoles that are also not completely running at their full capacity. Unable to deliver things they promised.

Top Bottom