• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why 2015 May Be the Best Year In Gaming History

The Final Offer

2001 pooped on just about everything.

Megaman 64.
Phantasy Star Online.
Megaman X 5
Onimusha.
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Mario Party 3
F Zero Maximum Velocity
Twisted Metal Black
Sonic Adventure 2
Max Payne
Pokemon Crystal
Silent Hill 2
DEVIL MAY CRY
Grand Theft Auto 3
Stronghold (TwoxAcross what up!)
SSX Tricky
Dead or Alive 3
Halo
Super smash bros Melee
Jak and Daxter
Ico
Gran Turismo 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
The Gamecube was released.
The Xbox was released.

Of course, I click on the year DMC and Smash Melee were made.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Final Fantasy 15!?
Devil May Cry!?

Man...we gotta wait for Tokyo Game Show to see just how insane things will get.
CONJECTURE​
It would be very weird to say that 2012 was better than 2004 XD
To tell the truth, the only game on that list that really interests me is Fable. Go ahead and say 2004 was better. It won't change my opinion.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
You can't change opinions, so saying ''it won't change my opinion'' is useless anyway. No offense, but that's simple logic. I'm just saying that - considering the huge amount of well-received, popular games on my 2004 list - most people would disagree with you. That's all. Try to relax, your tension can be felt all across the site XD

Last edited:

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Mission accomplished.

*Guile theme playing in the background*

Seriously though, what's with the hostility?

Last edited:

The Final Offer

You can't change opinions, so saying ''it won't change my opinion'' is useless anyway. I hope you understand that.
I'm just saying that - considering the huge amount of well-received, popular games on my 2004 list - most people would disagree with you. That's all. Try to relax, your tension can be felt all across the site XD

You should really listen to your conscience when it demands that you don't post something like that. Because, your year isn't **** compared to mine and the world has spoken on that with their wallets.

4339143+_5875f270bdab205a6b68e4af63c63178.jpg

Last edited:

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I see, this is why Frost ignored you.
ikr?

Thank God he's gone and effed off already.
Seriously though, what's with the hostility?
It's just the way you talk to others. If you look back, you might be able to see what I mean.

For example: The whole guile theme was just a tad too jerk-ish on your end, in my opinion.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
You are all using your own game preferences and opinions as facts of the best year when no-one is going to agree on that. Everyones taste is different, I mean I was still playing (and preferring) my Amiga over my PS1 for years but not everyone is going to think that way. I personally only enjoyed about 3 games on the GameCube IN TOTAL from when it was released to when its generation ended.

For an example of preferences these are the games that I would have been bothered about in your own lists...

Meh, the only one I'd want to play from that list is Soulcalibur V, which I actually already have. It wasn't as good as SC4, oddly. Oh, and Sleeping Dogs was kind of fun.
Full list of great games from 2004:

Far Cry
Ninja Gaiden
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Unreal Tournament 2004
Doom 3
Silent Hill 4
Fable
Rome: Total War
Killzone
Halo 2
DBZ: Budokai 3
Half-Life 2
World of Warcraft
Metal Gear Solid 3
GTA: San Andreas
Star Wars Battlefront
LOTR: The Battle for Middle-Earth II
The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Need for Speed: Underground 2
Pokémon FireRed and LeafGreen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_in_video_gaming

It would be very weird to say that 2012 was better than 2004 XD

Out of all of these games these would have been my choices...

Far Cry
Unreal Tournament 2004 (earlier ones were better)
Fable
Halo 2
Half-Life 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Star Wars Battlefront

2001 pooped on just about everything.

Megaman 64.
Phantasy Star Online.
Megaman X 5
Onimusha.
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Mario Party 3
F Zero Maximum Velocity
Twisted Metal Black
Sonic Adventure 2
Max Payne
Pokemon Crystal
Silent Hill 2
DEVIL MAY CRY
Grand Theft Auto 3
Stronghold (TwoxAcross what up!)
SSX Tricky
Dead or Alive 3
Halo
Super smash bros Melee
Jak and Daxter
Ico
Gran Turismo 3
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3
Metal Gear Solid 2
The Gamecube was released.
The Xbox was released.

Of course, I click on the year DMC and Smash Melee were made.

This year my only choices of those would have been the following (not fussed about any of the others)...

Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Max Payne
Grand Theft Auto 3
Halo
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (earlier ones were better)
Metal Gear Solid 2
The Xbox was released.

Because, your year isn't **** compared to mine and the world has spoken on that with their wallets.

4339143+_5875f270bdab205a6b68e4af63c63178.jpg

Again its an opinion you are voicing and not going to alter someone elses preferences. Plus game sales are based on varying factors not just if a game is any good or not & good games dont always sell well for many reasons (Shenmue series for example). I mean Minecraft for example is now being said to be the 2nd best selling game ever but personally im not into it but step son LOVES it. Does that make me right and him and the 54 million people who have purchased it wrong? No we just have differing preferences thats all. Wii Sports has sold 82 million units does that make it the best game ever...? No it does not.

Everyone needs to take a step back and wind in the insults.

I dont think Video Games are dying and the industry as a whole is worth more than ever and I am excited for plenty of games that are yet to be released.

The Final Offer

You are all using your own game preferences and opinions as facts of the best year when no-one is going to agree on that. Everyones taste is different, I mean I was still playing (and preferring) my Amiga over my PS1 for years but not everyone is going to think that way. I personally only enjoyed about 3 games on the GameCube IN TOTAL from when it was released to when its generation ended.

For an example of preferences these are the games that I would have been bothered about in your own lists...

Out of all of these games these would have been my choices...

Far Cry
Unreal Tournament 2004 (earlier ones were better)
Fable
Halo 2
Half-Life 2
Metal Gear Solid 3
Star Wars Battlefront

This year my only choices of those would have been the following (not fussed about any of the others)...

Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Max Payne
Grand Theft Auto 3
Halo
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (earlier ones were better)
Metal Gear Solid 2
The Xbox was released.

Again its an opinion you are voicing and not going to alter someone elses preferences. Plus game sales are based on varying factors not just if a game is any good or not & good games dont always sell well for many reasons (Shenmue series for example). I mean Minecraft for example is now being said to be the 2nd best selling game ever but personally im not into it but step son LOVES it. Does that make me right and him and the 54 million people who have purchased it wrong? No we just have differing preferences thats all. Wii Sports has sold 82 million units does that make it the best game ever...? No it does not.

Everyone needs to take a step back and wind in the insults.

I dont think Video Games are dying and the industry as a whole is worth more than ever and I am excited for plenty of games that are yet to be released.

Woah it was actually a tease. I don't think the guy should've taken that post seriously!

It's not like I was rubbing it in his face....like...this

mayweather-money.gif

Top Bottom