• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Why 2015 May Be the Best Year In Gaming History

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I'm only interested in 2 or 3 games on that list. Is that bad?
Not at all. Personally, I don't think the future has all that much in store for us. Gaming peaked at 2012 and headed on a nonstop trip to nowhere.
I don't have a PS4 & don't like the X1 but i'm excited at the possibilities, i'm talking on the consoles themselves & NOT cloud technology or PSNow or some network dependant nonsense.
Of course, network systems go down all the time, so online is just a worthless gimmick in the end. Yes, I've been thinking about playing TERA: Rising, but one game doesn't make up for a mountain of trash.

When gaming crashes, the networks will crash as well, leaving us all to our own devices once again, like back in the old days, when we relied on single-player or actually inviting a friend over.

Single-player possibilities are the only ones that are worth looking forward to because in the end, single-player, friend groups, and lan parties are all we're going to have when these clouds go down.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So far the only games I'm intrested in seeing are;

Bayonetta 2: Not gonna waste money on a WiiU or the game, but it's worth a look see.

KH 2.5 Remix:
Played KH for a long time. Looking forward to this. And hopefully something more on KH3.

AC Unity: (SHUT THE F*CK UP YOU COMPLAINING ASSFUCKS ABOUT THE NO FEMALE CHARACTERS CRAP! I PLAY AC BECAUSE IT'S FUN SO SUCK. THE. LEFT. ONE.) Sorry, I'm just sick of hearing that.

Super Dead Rising 3: That game capcom gave so many names to. Wait I think it's out already.

And a few others.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Many franchises' latest games that i care about are releasing in 2015. If they announced Kingdomcome Deliverance, KH3 and FFXV in 2015 then it would probably be one of the best year in gaming for me.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Looking forward to plenty coming to XB1 in 2015 and shall also have a gaming PC in next few months so I will have access to all my personal favourite franchises & all the exclusives im interested in purchasing.

Meg

I liked the first Homefront and The Revolution looks great. So I'm excited for that. I'm also interested in the new Tomb Raider since I liked the first game in the reboot series. There's also a bunch of Wii U games that look fun, but I don't have a Wii U yet, sooooooo......

Meg

Wait for the new one.
http://gamingbolt.com/nintendo-revealing-new-consoles-devices-in-2015-satoru-iwata
Odds are, it'll be backwards compatible anyway.
Well that I highly doubt. The Wii U is getting quite a few games next year, including some new IPs, Zelda, and Star Fox: games that people actually care about. If anything, Nintendo is hoping the system will gain steam next year. I can't imagine why they would announce a bunch of new games for the system only to come out with a brand new machine. I'm sure they are working on a new console right now, but only because it's something that would take a long time to make. Not because it's going to be released next year. Think about it like this, the Wii U came out two years ago, which means that if a new Nintendo console came out next year, it would have been in development at least for as long as the Wii U has been available if not longer. That doesn't make any sense.

I've been hearing rumblings of how Nintendo needs a new console and may even be working on one to be released soon. None of which makes sense when you look at it from a practical standpoint.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Here's why:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertc...-wii-u-and-3ds-sales-targets-posts-229m-loss/

See, BigN is pretty much hemorrhaging money right now. Even with their 8 billion dollar war chest, this can't last. Had you been here in person, I would even put money ($20, I guess) on it that this system will come out next year, if not early 2016 at the very latest.

Despite all the great games coming out, I think that too much damage has been done already. They're in a bad way, and they need a different, possibly even less powerful system just to make a profit on each machine; something which the WiiU has not been doing (reportedly).

http://www.polygon.com/2013/10/30/5...l-have-a-negative-impact-on-nintendos-profits

I like the WiiU, despite my thread declaring my hatred for the BigN a while back. That YT thing was just inexcusable.

However, with all this going on, I'm 99.9% sure that we're getting a new system next year. One that I'm planning on buying, YT debacle or not.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Out of all the games on that list on gamesradar, the only ones I'm interested in are Scalebound, The Witcher 3, and The Order: 1886... and The Order looks like a pretty 'standard' third person shooter so far.
Couldn't care less about Quantum Break and Shadow of Mordor, because they seem pretty boring. Bloodborne looks too much like Dark Souls II to me - at least, so far. And like Dark Souls II, it might be too easy as well.

Oh, but Star Citizen could be quite nice. Civilization: Beyond Earth too, though I think it's scheduled for a 2014 release.

Last edited:

Meg

I know Nintendo is suffering right now, which is why it makes sense for them to push the Wii U as much as they can because it isn't possible for them to release a new console yet. Like I said, consoles take time to make. It isn't logical to say that Nintendo has a new system ready to release next year. It's not just developing the hardware, they need games as well. Considering the number of games they are currently developing for the Wii U and 3DS, I don't know how they'd have the resources to develop a new console and plenty of games for it. You can post as many links as you want, but unless you post a link to an official Nintendo announcement, I'm not going to be convinced.

The only thing I can see is them releasing something that isn't really a full console. Like you said, they could be working on something that is vastly inferior to the Wii U. But that wouldn't come in the form of Nintendo's next console, a successor to the Wii U. Maybe a download only machine with access to smaller, indie-escque games? Wait I just described the Ouya.

Whatever.

You know what I mean.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
I'm going to have to disagree about the games industry having had its peak in 2012 - I think it was around 2004/2005/2006. In 2006, we got The Elder Scrolls IV, which was still a pretty good game, and better than Skyrim overall. There were also some Battle for Middle Earth games, I think WoW became popular, and one of my favorite games arose, namely LOTR: The Third Age. Other 2004 releases: Ninja Gaiden, UT 2004, Fable, Halo 2, Pokémon Fire Red.
2005: DMC3, Resident Evil 4, Jade Empire, F.E.A.R., CoD2, Civilization IV.

The Final Offer

What is going on people?

2015 games are maybes. Think about the huge titles and how they're going to need to be spaced out for the best possible release date.

There are companies that try not to go for November or December release dates because of COD. So let's rule out November and December and let's assume we know when the games will be released.

Oh there goes Halo 5. Which two months is that occupying?

Then we gotta figure out which games will rival exclusives. So that's a 2-3 month gap between these face offs. For example:

The Order vs Sunset Overdrive vs Star fox Jan-Mar.

Uncharted 4 vs Quantum Break vs Legend of Zelda vs The Witcher 3 Apr-June

Halo 5 vs COD Oct-Dec.

Star wars battlefront,
MKX,
Mario Party 10,
Might No 9,
The Division,
Rainbow Six Siege,
Xenoblade chronicles X,
Dead Island 2,
Dying light,
Arkham Knight,
Mad Max,
Everybody's gone to the Rapture,
Kirby,
Yoshi,
Tomb Raider,
Final Fantasy Type 0
Final Fantasy 15!?
Devil May Cry!?

Man...we gotta wait for Tokyo Game Show to see just how insane things will get.
I'm going to have to disagree about the games industry having had its peak in 2012 - I think it was around 2004/2005/2006. In 2006, we got The Elder Scrolls IV, which was still a pretty good game, and better than Skyrim overall. There were also some Battle for Middle Earth games, I think WoW became popular, and one of my favorite games arose, namely LOTR: The Third Age. Other 2004 releases: Ninja Gaiden, UT 2004, Fable, Halo 2, Pokémon Fire Red.
2005: DMC3, Resident Evil 4, Jade Empire, F.E.A.R., CoD2, Civilization IV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_in_video_gaming

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Meh, the only one I'd want to play from that list is Soulcalibur V, which I actually already have. It wasn't as good as SC4, oddly. Oh, and Sleeping Dogs was kind of fun.
Full list of great games from 2004:

Far Cry
Ninja Gaiden
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Unreal Tournament 2004
Doom 3
Silent Hill 4
Fable
Rome: Total War
Killzone
Halo 2
DBZ: Budokai 3