• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who would win? Dante (DmC) vs ....

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well in a way this reminds me of an argument Stylish Nero keeps bringing up about Nero vs new Dante. I said New Dante would own Nero because New Dante's half Demon half angel and Nero was just a quarter demon. But SN said that it doesn't matter because even smaller beings could defeat gods. And then he goes on with examples and such.

So why can't the same be said for Rin vs New Dante. Just because Rin's the son of Satan doesn't mean new Dante can't beat him.

seraphmaycry

Uh-huh, so Trish totally didn't come back in the end to save him or anything :/ And from what is seems he didn't enven kill Mundus, but only sealed him again.

ok you win that point but yo forget dante has grown in power i meant to say dante now could defeat mundus at full power and even just sealing away mundus is actually pretty good mundus is considers satan or the devil son of the devil would be weaker or around the same power level as the devil himself himself (depending on which logic you follow) so if the current (dmc2) dante fought rin dante would win

but as was stated im of topic but theres nothing wrong with taking something of-topic if it creates a good conversation (unlessim taking this out of context and its a argument in which case we need to get back on track)

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Power scaling is based on what you've performed not what you are.

You can be God in one series and go up against a normal human being or an angel from another series/universe but if as a God or God your highest feat performed is mountain or a city block and your up against a human/angel who live in a universe where crushing planets and galaxies are the norm even as a human/angel/demon you even as God will lose because the human have displayed more/better feats than you.

That is why Rin being the Son of the Devil, DmC Dante being half angel half demon doesn't mean they're born OP. Based on what both have displayed Rin would lose to DmC Dante and DmC Dante would get the floor moped by Dante. Rin and DmC Dante could be considered Gods in their universe but based on what they've displayed they would lose Dante even if he was a human with superhuman healing and strong durability or a mutant or having a super healing factor and strong durability and blinding speed is a normal human thing in DMC....now...but it isn't.

Hell the Devil in Blue Excorcist might not even be that strong, he could probably lose to Dante or DmC Dante.

A title means sh*t when it comes to Powerscaling or Battleground Rules or VS Debate.

Take a Hulk, a super mutant, can take on and if not take down Gods like Thor but he isn't considered a God in the Marvel universe. He is just an average joe who got exposed to intense Gamma radiation or injected with some serum....I don't know exactly the details and he has the power to crush planets....apparently.

VineBigBoss

GGXRD <3
I don't know this another character too well, so i can't throw a really good opinion here.

But i want to suggest another battle in advance. A new warrior wants to enter the ring after this battle is done:

Raiden-Metal-Gear-Revengeance-Tribute.jpg

I think that Dante vs Raiden would be a cool battle to think about, they have a good balance of strengths and tools that can nulify each others attempts to end the battle (i.e. eletrocuting Dante through his grappling weapons or evading Raiden by staying in the air by using his grappling tools and angel glide away from walls that Raiden can climb to jump at him): Dante has super-human strenght and speed, destructive demonic weapons, grappling tools, demonic powers and guns at his disposal; Raiden is very resistant to any damage (even without a healing factor) and can keep up a fight even if his body is severely damaged, he have super-human agility, strength (remember MGS4) and dexterity, very destructive weapons including ones that can electrocute foes too, excellent swordsmanship, knows how to use most guns you can find in a normal human world and even know one thing or two about stealth.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
DmC dante would win hands down. that is if the two characters clashed at their current peaks. as Ao no (blue) exorcist is still in the initial throws of the series we dont know if Rin mantains a relatvitely constant power level or acesses the realms of awesomeness reserved for the likes of Dante (both), Vergil, Alucard, Goku, Vegeta and a few more i cant think of right now :p

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
What about alucard(hellsing) vs dead pool?

itd be alucard and the battle wouldnt even take 3 minutes unless the two decided to laugh and joke around for an hour or so.

snip snip snip.
gr8 point, in some universes a god could have no power with a direct application to combat. however Rin's main trope is his blue flames, there are those who go around spouting the usual red types and arent considered special. so it is within reason that Rins flames would give him access into the realms of OP. similairly we see in DmC that Dante hasnt even scratched the surface of his potential so who knows at this point.

and the hulks thing is how riduclously OP he is with only a few characters who could fight him. Galactus, Pheonix and Molly (an 11 year old from the runaways which i find hilarious)

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Not to be rude, but this is Rin vs DmC Dante. I don't want this to become a huge flap-fest of fighting, so lets keep it as it is.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Well keeping that in perspective, I just realized something. Rin has to unsheathe his sword in order for his full power to activate, right? I don't think a demonphobia like Dante would let his enemy release his full power. He'd probably grapple the sword away from him and go from there.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
Well keeping that in perspective, I just realized something. Rin has to unsheathe his sword in order for his full power to activate, right? I don't think a demonphobia like Dante would let his enemy release his full power. He'd probably grapple the sword away from him and go from there.
Well, Rin can still use his flames even when the sword isn't unsheathed. But that's not his full power...

Top Bottom