• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who would want a DMC online function???

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Sooooo i had what i thought was a wicked idea..for all those who have played ninja gaiden 3 and NG3RE(ninja gaiden 3 razors edge) you will know what im suggesting for those who dont jump on wikipedia for a second look up ninja gaiden 3 and razors edge ninja trials and clan battles :p..ahem..for those who do know what im talking about what if in one of the upcoming dmc games(yes i have hope) they introduced an online function similar to that of ninja gaiden 3 and razors edge. i mean you could do trials similar to bloody palace but with coop do clan battles, and just have online mayhem. plus like ninja gaiden 3 and razors egde you could either customize an "unknown devil hunter" and level him up through trials and battles (both coop and vs so you can test your skills against other players in a one one fashion) along with the use of every dmc devil arm and weapon or use any of the devil may cry characters ex dante, nero, vergil, lady...would any of you like a game that had something like this?

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i think everybody would like that but the chances of it are slim to zero whoch is a shame id prefer online multiplayer vs where i could pick dante and put my fighting skills to the test against other veteran players

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
i think everybody would like that but the chances of it are slim to zero whoch is a shame id prefer online multiplayer vs where i could pick dante and put my fighting skills to the test against other veteran players

Exactly imagine the possiblities every dmc fan and gamer would buy a game that could do this simply to play against other players to do coop trials and battles tag team battles one on one fights the possibilities are limitless this game would fly off the shelf this is what could save the dmc franchise and bring in enough money to keep it going its not even a risk this game would sell like mad

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
except capcom couldnt afford it and are too lazy and stuck in there ways to make it online like that would require a lot which in turn would cost a heap

ok so the effort and the money would be costly but think of the return you cant even deny every dmc enthusist would have this game and think of the dlc they could make plus the campaign and everything else this game would be gold and would single handedly bring dmc back from the brink and even if capcom got a loan from another company theyd make it back with plently to spare

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
then send em the idea they won‘t come up with it themselves ha ha its,fine talking about it here but capcom can‘t see this and if they could your not guarunteed they would go for it i admire your enthusiasm but capcom are a law into themselves and do things there own way im sure others,have suggested dmc online in the past to them they pay people to come up with ideas

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
then send em the idea they won‘t come up with it themselves ha ha its,fine talking about it here but capcom can‘t see this and if they could your not guarunteed they would go for it i admire your enthusiasm but capcom are a law into themselves and do things there own way im sure others,have suggested dmc online in the past to them they pay people to come up with ideas

Ill send it in and hope for the best

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
that‘s all you can do dude but don‘t get up any hopes if you don‘t hope for it you can‘t be let down

Theres something to live by *sigh* im right arent i that if capcom did this if they had enough money that this idea would be gold atleast tell me that?

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I was thinking to make a comment but i dont know. I have mixed thoughts.

I am open to the idea and think it can be pretty good.

But at same time i think that people interact through combo videos and tournaments.

Right but what if those tournaments were on the same sever i guess is the word what if it wasnt play solo and then post it but people playing together parties of xbox live members hell clan battles could just be one big tournament the possibilities are endless

IncarnatedDemon

Right but what if those tournaments were on the same sever i guess is the word what if it wasnt play solo and then post it but people playing together parties of xbox live members hell clan battles could just be one big tournament the possibilities are endless
could you explain how it would work?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I wouldn't want multiplayer but, more of an online community and customization options to create and share missions.

Imagine being able to customize missions where you can add certain objectives and enemies. Share it with an online community for everyone to play. It definitely adds replay value when you can have new user created content every week. It'd be also a cool way to do tournaments or have weekly challenges.

With the next generation of consoles becoming also more social friendly than ever I think it would be a good idea.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Ok so if you have played Ninja gaiden 3 razors edge and done any of the online ninja trials or clan battles it would be just like that so first things first you would be able to replay levels in the game and previous games(at a higher diffuculty and more enemies) with a coop player bothof you would have to work together to achieve a high style rank. then there would be a coop bloody palace and a vs mode where you could vs another player online on one of the monay maps and test your skills, then you would have a horde mode much like bloody palace where you could use a customizable devil hunter or "unknown"(or a given name chosen by the player either or) or you could use dante or nero or vergil or sparda or trist or lady etc etc and then there s the clan battle function where up to suix people can vs each other in a devil hunter brawl and you know so on and so forth let me know if i have forgotten something

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
more of an online community and customization options to create and share missions.
Imagine being able to customize missions where you can add certain objectives and enemies. Share it with an online community for everyone to play. It definitely adds replay value when you can have new user created content every week. It'd be also a cool way to do tournaments or have weekly challenges.
With the next generation of consoles becoming also more social friendly than ever I think it would be a good idea.[/quote]

This too lol

IncarnatedDemon

I haven't played Ninja Gaiden much. I downloaded Razor edge or what its name is, and played demo a little but stopped.
Anyway i think your idea is good, but i dont see it happening.
capcom as business dont care much.
But it does not mean one should give up hope, just be real about it.

Another approach to make people compete is making a "Group vs Group", sorta like dancing.

Two groups of three members clash.

Group A , Player 1 vs Group B, Player 1 = its about impressing the viewers
Group A, Player 2 vs Group B, Player 2 = again same thing

And it will then be up to watchers to decide who won.
capcom can provide rewards and also support a "TrueStyle site" where all dmc fans gather to compete.

Example, you can register a group at TrueStyle site.
You enter username of members, and then the group will be listed at the site

Just my take on how to gather people :p

Top Bottom