• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who would like Kat to be a playable character in DmC2?

Exejpgwmv

And if so how would you like it to happen?

I would like it that for whatever reason she goes to heaven or hell(I would like the player to be able to chose which one) and discovers powerful ancient spells that were long forgotten by most. Spells that would allow her to enhance her physical abilities(make her stronger, faster, heal quickly, more durable, ect.) I would also have it that she hand crafts her own weapons. Ex: Infusing razor wire with magic to her give self a pair of whips.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Come on, we all know her only attack would be blinding demons with her squirrel semen spray.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Not me :/

Her capabilities don't fit with the kind of action done in DmC, and to give her the necessary "powers" to do so would be to lessen the worth of her actual character. Taking a well-developed non-combatant and shoehorning combat skills into them so "they can fight" is how you ruin characters.

If her gameplay emphasized what she can actually do, like climbing, spraypainting glyphs, and astral projection to investigate areas unbound by pesky things like gravity, then I'd be all for it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The odd thing is, I can see Ninja Theory doing a good job making legitimate climbing/platforming sections for Kat, considering how Monkey's platforming in Enslaved was pretty decent. Put that together with Limbo's abstract architecture, and you've got the makings of a gritty, chaotic version of Super Mario Galaxy where Kat is moving about to reach heavenspots.

...and...I just realized that could be a much better subtitle for my DmC2 thing...

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Who would like Kat to be a playable character in DmC2?
eager-student.gif

Yes please. With spells, puzzles and sneaking around stuff would be awesome.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
No. As much as I like Kat, I think she works better in small doses.

Exejpgwmv

Not me :/

Her capabilities don't fit with the kind of action done in DmC, and to give her the necessary "powers" to do so would be to lessen the worth of her actual character. Taking a well-developed non-combatant and shoehorning combat skills into them so "they can fight" is how you ruin characters.

If her gameplay emphasized what she can actually do, like climbing, spraypainting glyphs, and astral projection to investigate areas unbound by pesky things like gravity, then I'd be all for it.
Never said her gameplay had to be combat oriented. Just asked If you wanted to play as her and how would you like it to be implemented.

Sunaka Marién

Maybe not in DmC2 directly, I could imagine it as some kinda DLC though; a re-telling of what was happening in the main game from her point of view, for example.
Gameplay-wise, it would have to be like Across and Alittleacorn said, because making her a combatant would really contradict with what she is supposed to be.

The Final Offer

If they put the DLC of Kat in DmC now. I'd definitely purchase it. I think it'd be a survival horror type of deal though.

Cross your fingers for a Kat costume in Resident Evil 7?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I wouldn't mind but we don't really know what the full range of her powers (or much else about her to be honest) so it tricky.

I'm not against her becoming a combatant because she should know how to fight (better safe than sorry) as stealth could only take you so far. Dragonmaster's idea in giving her neon like abilities (from the new infamous game) is probably the best way to do it since it doesn't make her invincible nor does it make her Dante-lite from a gameplay perspective.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Never said her gameplay had to be combat oriented. Just asked If you wanted to play as her and how would you like it to be implemented.

Sorry, was stuck on the emphasis you gave her for combat and shiz.

I think it'd work best for her character and the game if her stuff was platforming based, but with more verticality, too. Spray glyphs on certain spots to open up paths for progress or secrets, with a few glyphs that could offer some different effects, like one that if she sprays it on the floor it acts as a springboard to give her extra height when she runs onto it.

Top Bottom