• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who wants to win a Devil May Cry beach towel?

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
How about a "pay mrrandomlulz money" competition. It's fair :p

The only person on this forum that's getting my money is Steve :p

With that said, I would say maybe a donation competition, but I know not everyone will have the money. So maybe we can have a guessing competition of sorts? Maybe guess how much money the prizes are and the closest ones wins the prize.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
The only person on this forum that's getting my money is Steve :p

With that said, I would say maybe a donation competition, but I know not everyone will have the money. So maybe we can have a guessing competition of sorts? Maybe guess how much money the prizes are and the closest ones wins the prize.

A donation competition? Might as well just put them for sell.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
A donation competition? Might as well just put them for sell.
Yeah, we wouldn't be using this as an opportunity to gain money out of anyone - kind of negates the point of making it a competition and I don't think Capcom gave us these items so we can sell them on. Under the right circumstances, say a charity drive or something, then a donation idea would be fantastic AzureNight, but for the purposes of this particular comp I think we'd better stick to something that isn't money-based :)

These ideas are all great though - keep them coming, guys!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I've been thinking. a trivia contest wouldn't really work. If someone got stuck, they could just look the answer up on the net *cough*cheat*cough*.

TheDarkSlayer

Gilver FTW!
I've been thinking. a trivia contest wouldn't really work. If someone got stuck, they could just look the answer up on the net *cough*cheat*cough*.

Obviously. It's about who answers first, if someone needs to look it up online, it's going to take him longer to write it down and post it than someone who already knows the answer. There are some other problems with a trivia challenge, e.g. finding an hour when everyone can be online.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
Here's an original one. Have us all pretend we're going on vacation to somewhere (North Korea, Disneyland, the Sahara Desert, anywhere). The purpose of the trip is left to us to decide. Everyone can go about their house or apartment and put together everything that they would pack to go to such a place, for whatever reason they are going there. Each photo could win based on a number of factors. What objects you choose, how they're assembled, where you put them when you took the photograph, etc. There is no objective better entry, as long as you put thought into it you have a fighting chance. That's what makes a competition fun.

Not really a fan of a trivia challenge. Obviously I'm biased in this since I know very little (compared to the rest of you) about DMC lore and I'm assuming that would be the subject. Even if it wasn't and I wasn't at a disadvantage, I would be indifferent at best. Even if the subject were general knowledge, some people just have more general knowledge facts on hand. It works on game shows because nobody entered the challenge who wasn't already prepared. People are here pretty much just to talk and read news about a common interest, so I don't think it's a very good fit.

I'm against pretty much anything that would make everyone compete using only one skill or knowledge in one category. The people who are better at that one thing or more knowledgeable about it will always come out ahead. If we have an essay contest, you may as well just say "whoever is the best essay writer wins." Besides, will it really be any fun going through other people's entries if they're all several pages-worth of text? I don't know about anyone else, but if I did put work into that I wouldn't pay any attention to the other entries just because it wouldn't really be any fun.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why not go the Survivor route and have everyone 'pitch' their case as to why they should win the towel? The person with the most number of likes (on their entry post) from members and staff is the ultimate winner. That's fair, isn't it?

NO.
WAIT!!!
What am I saying?!?!?! My favourite person NEVER wins Survivor!!! :( :( :( Never mind, carry on.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Hey guys - Steve is insanely busy right now and has not forgotten this competition; other things have had to take precedence for the time being but rest assured, the items are still on top of our wardrobe, waiting to be owned by some of you guys.

I'll give him another nudge later and if he can, he might get online and give you a proper update :)

Top Bottom