• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who should replace Hugh Jackman as Wolverine?

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
So, with Disney buying Fox, and now having the rights to all their properties, and Hugh Jackman confirming he would not come back to play Wolverine after all.

Well we gotta face facts, he's gonna be recast. I'm not sure how many of you can recall the days before the comic book movie boom. But, before the MCU, and their ability to take more obscure characters and make them popular ( Who even talked about Iron Man or Captain America before the films came out?) Spider-Man and Wolverine were Marvel's 2 most popular characters. There's no way Marvel Studios isn't gonna wanna use Wolverine and the X-Men now that they have them.

So, I just thought I'd ask people who they thought should replace Hugh Jackman. Personally, my choices are Karl Urban (Cause he was Judge Dredd in the 2012 film), and Manu Bennet (He played Crixus in Spartacus the series, as well as Deathstroke in Arrow). Tom Hardy was a choice of mine, but he's playing Venom now. Another choice I had, if they try to do like a younger Wolverine, would be Scott Eastwood. He's got the right look, but I've only seen him in Texas Chainsaw 2013 and Suicide Squad, both of which he played very small roles.

As a closing note...Marvel, Disney, Sony, and Fox....make me happy. Gimmie a Spider-Man meets Wolverine movie!

berto

I Saw the Devil
Don't forget that Patrick Stewart is also not coming back. He stated that while he was watching Logan with Jackman he decided that this would be his last portrayal of Xavier as well.

That's two actors who almost entirely singularly defined their respective characters for the modern audience. Replacing one is though enough but both?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Ive seen tom hardy fancast as wolverine and i think he could do it easily. He's a phenomenal actor.

His main problem would be his prior commitments to venom might exclude him.

Maxman

>mfw Josh Brolin is both Thanos and Cable in the MCU

i am not sure who should replace Jackman in the MCU

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
statham, yea yea, mock me.. but statham is how i always see wolverine.. i'm not a reader of comics btw, so that explains my view

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Someone said Daniel Radcliffe should be the next Wolverine and im curious if he could pull it off.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
I already said, just get Hugh Jackman to replace Hugh Jackman.

Seems like the only logical thing to do.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
LoD, Hugh Jackmam's already said he won't do it. Believe me, no one wishes he'd change his mind more then me. But it aint happening

Oh, I know :(

It was just a little joke. I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head...hmm, maybe Hug...No, wait...

This sucks.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I'd like to see someone completely unknown take the role.

It'd be a risk, sure, but would be a refreshing change to seeing all the usual suspects.

Someone short too - wolverine should be short.

Top Bottom