• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

who sealed argosax.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
in the history of dmc gallery it says sparda sealed argosax. but someone told me that in dmc2 it said mundus sealed argosax. so who did it.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
You don't have to say "someone", because you knew it was me who asked. :p

I still say Mundus sealed Argosax. Check DMC2's enemy files, and look at Argosax the Chaos' profile. It says it there. If that's not enough proof, there's a bit of dialogue in the game that says "The old king was toppled by the new one, and Argosax was forever sealed away" or something like that.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
i checked the devil may cry wiki and it says that the enemy file for argosax says:

"This king once ruled most of the demon world and subdued all the demons, but was defeated by Sparda."

if you can show a screenshot from dmc2 where the file says differently than i will personally change the wiki. and formaly admit i was wrong.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crap, it does say Sparda. I thought it said Mundus...

I guess I was under the impression that since he was the old ruler, Mundus kicked his ass, but apparently Argosax was once more powerful than even Mundus. That says a lot about him, and how far Dante had gotten by DMC2, don't you think?

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
well i doubt argosax was anywhere near as strong as he was when fighting sparda. his body was made of dead demons. there where probably alot more of those when mundus was taking over. so argosax probably had a really big body and alot more power.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Well, actually, think of it this way. What happens to DMC characters when they have no control over their powers? They turn into blobs or hideous creatures, a la Arkham and Arius. However, Argosax started out as a blob, but turned into The Despair Embodied after Argosax was killed, meaning he regained control, not lost it. I think the blob was merely an incubator so that TDE could reach his full strength again after his crushing defeat by Sparda, making TDE the actual true power of Argosax.

It's a pretty tough fight too, meaning TDE was probably almost mature.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
if that was the case than sparda's fight with argosax whould have been maybie 5 seconds long. sparda beat an army by himself. if dante could do that then the small groups of enemys dante fights whould be killed instantly.

dante is probably stronger than sparda was after he sealed his powers but sparda likely faced argosax before that.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I said "almost" mature. The battle would've been longer than five seconds, man. Be realistic. :p

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
TDE was a tought fight, but Dante in DMC2 was farrrr too powerful.

I believe that Argosax was more a shapeshifter so he could use all those demons

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
DreadnoughtDT;223449 said:
I said "almost" mature. The battle would've been longer than five seconds, man. Be realistic. :p

i am being realistic. sparda's full level of power is enough to take on the entire army of the underworld at a time when the underworld was united under one ruler. dante fights small groups of disorganized demons with their own agendas. the level of power required to do what sparda did is far greater than the power required to do what dante dose to the point where sparda at his full power whould be able to crush all the enemys dante faces at one time in an instant even the ones that give dante trouble. therefore an enemy dante can beat is far weaker than the enemys that could give sparda any trouble. therfore an enemy that dante beats with only minor difficulty ( argosax was not really much trouble in comparison to the bosses from the other games) whould be no trouble for sparda.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Argosax was stronger than Mundus back then. And no one has stated how much trouble Sparda had with Mundus. It could've been a fight that lasted years.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
DreadnoughtDT;223956 said:
Argosax was stronger than Mundus back then. And no one has stated how much trouble Sparda had with Mundus. It could've been a fight that lasted years.

Actually thats true, nobody as sayed how many time that fight lasted, they could being days or monts, but the only thing we know is that Sparda won

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
where did it say argosax was stronger than mundus. if the fight with mundus took years then argosax is far weaker than mundus. mudus became the devil emperor shortly after being born. if mundus was the ruler right after argosax then that means argosax had to have been defeted a short time after the takeover began. even if mudus started the war on the day he was born.

oh and the part where it was said that mudus took over a short time after was described as if it was written by a human which meant that a "short time" means a short time by human standards. ( like within a year)

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Argosax was the former king of the underworld who subdued every demon before Mundus was even in existence.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
and then mudus showed up and then argosax wasn't king for long. older dosn't mean better ( if you argue with me on that one you will then have to say i am superior to you because i am older than you) clearly argosax wasn't able to keep his position was he.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
And when it was stated Argosax was the king of the underworld, i believe his background and history puts him more like a god

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Which means that Mundus, being a demi-god/god himself, could probably be Argosax's son, however that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom