• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who is the "real" Dante and the best one?

Who is the "real" Dante and the best one?

• DMC1

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • DMC3

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • DMC4

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • DMC2

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
SMT Dante. Because he had serious a serious stoic attitude, with just enough humor to make him memorable. His face looks better than in DMC2, and he's wearing my favorite DMC outfit.

Why isn't this a selectable option, btw?

Meg

This is a trick question since all of the options are real Dantes. Even DmC Dante is a real Dante. He's just Dante in a different universe. If you want to be technical, then the only real Dante is the DMC1 version and all the others are alternate interpretations of Dante by other people. In other words, DMC1 Dante is the "real" Dante and all the others stem from him.

But that is way too technical and it's much easier to just say that they are all real Dantes.

That said, DMC3 Dante is my favorite.

MigsRZXAStylish

In a place where no one follows me. i Walk Alone!
DMC1 Dante is the 'real' Dante than those after him. He is the only Dante Hideki Kamiya ever created. After him, he comes off differently. I remember his past tweets on the part that said 'Dante has changed'; he was always different from the one he made (first). I have never forgotten those tweets he did...

I also liked his balanced personality and having actual human emotions. He knew when to be serious and when to be a wisecrack. He also had a concerning side too, like when he told Griffon that he can't beat him while impaled by a column and saved Trish from falling debris caused by Nightmare's death but only because she looked like his mother Eva. The best moment he had is when he cried for Trish and his famous yet cheesy quote "I should've been the one to FILL YOUR DARK SOUL WITH LIGHT!!" as well as with the ending when his shop was renamed which goes "More than enough." referring to Trish's time to finish the next mission in 5 minutes instead of 10.

And at least he knew what pain was like,, what fear is like (like when he got startled when the ship is sinking and the flooring in the crumbling castle fell, making him fall to his final bout with Mundus).

He is the best Dante of all 'Dantes' after him! Sad many prefer DMCs 3 and 4 Dante over him... :(

EDIT:
This is a trick question since all of the options are real Dantes. Even DmC Dante is a real Dante. He's just Dante in a different universe. If you want to be technical, then the only real Dante is the DMC1 version and all the others are alternate interpretations of Dante by other people. In other words, DMC1 Dante is the "real" Dante and all the others stem from him.

But that is way too technical and it's much easier to just say that they are all real Dantes.

That said, DMC3 Dante is my favorite.
That is rather a good point on this being a trick question Meg, although I chose DMC1 Dante, in which I agree. I also agree that the "Dantes" that come after him are alternate interpretations of Dante by others (refer to Kamiya's tweet about 'Dante has changed'.) I also agree with some other fans that seeing these is like Dante got rebooted every single time...

And yes, it was rather too technical and easier to just say that they are all 'real' Dantes.

But you know what? There is no such thing as 'real' Dante at all! After hearing all of those claims of him being changed, even from you my dear Meg, I don't think there is anything 'real'. The joy of one's tweets...

MigsRZXAStylish

I have to agree that DMC1 is the real Dante, but the best Dante IMO is the DMC4 Dante.

Well, he did come first. I still remember those tweets Kamiya-san made 3 years ago, especially on 'Dante has changed'. After him, he became different (as what Meg said here that the guys after him are just different interpretations made by different people)... That's why, for me and some others, DMC1 Dante is still the best Dante (even though my fav DMC game is DMC3. Maybe I should play it again with Dante's DMC1 skin? I still have the HD Collection on my gamer shelf; I never think of discarding it...)! I respect your opinion on DMC4 Dante being your best Dante, though.

For once, I'm glad you agreed with me! :D
EDIT:
Off I go to work, and see a band live tonight!

Pale Rider

Wickedly good
Doesn't this question ring any bells? Back in time when DmC was announced?

"Omg! This isn't real DMC n this isn't Dante"

Every Dante is "real" and every Dante is the "best". It's just like asking people's opinions. There's no definite answer. Simple as that.

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
Lawlz, UMVC3's Dante is the Boss :D Period.
End of Story !
I perfer UMVC3 Vergil myself but my favourite dante is probably dmc4 dante while i appreciate and honor the other dantes (dmc3 and dmc1 specifically) i really love the dmc4 dante he is mature experienced shows concern for others is overpowered as **** still funny but also knows to show an air of calm and cool.

Maxman

I perfer UMVC3 Vergil myself but my favourite dante is probably dmc4 dante while i appreciate and honor the other dantes (dmc3 and dmc1 specifically) i really love the dmc4 dante he is mature experienced shows concern for others is overpowered as **** still funny but also knows to show an air of calm and cool.
Yeah, But I loved UMVC3's take of getting the Mature Dante from DMC4 and putting him in the outfit of DMC3 along with his sexy abilities from DMC3
Hands down, I prefer UMVC3's Dante . End of Story :p

"Mmm,Baby, I love when a Girl gets violent" :cool:

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Not to be rude, but why do you think so?

The reason I like him(and DMC3 Dante) so much is because like Duke Nukem, Bayonetta, Lo Wang, Eddie Riggs, Serious Sam and even classic Lara Croft, I can relate to him, because he's a badass who just enjoys what he does, has loads of fun while doing it, doesn't give a damn and always has something cool or funny to say.

MigsRZXAStylish

As for the real Dante i think there's only two Dantes.
The Dante in DevilMayCry 1 2 3 & 4
And YEA even the alternate universe Dante in the reboot.
It wasn't like they replaced Dante with each DevilMayCry or cloned him right, they just made him look different & slightly changed his personality.

I think some others made a lot of sense when they've said this after Dante changed every time since DMC2:
It's like Dante got rebooted in every DMC game.

And I really noticed that Dante came off differently in each game.

Although I like both DMC and DmC 'Dantes' (as I felt every 'Dante' had their own strengths and weaknesses as you can all see in my avatar), I'm more for old DMC Dante (hence why DMC1 Dante is in my top most fav 'Dante' of all, with DMC3 Dante coming in second place; I'll just give DMC4 Dante and DmC Dante a bronze medal each as they tie at third; DMC2 Dante still gets nothing from me...) Notice in my avatar DmC Dante is behind DMC3 Dante!

I memorized almost every line each Dante had to say in the games in the same emotion and tone found in the cutscenes. I even said some whenever I am 'talking to myself', if y'all get what I mean. Maybe through this, I could be ready to cosplay as him. Now if only I can get the right people to make the DMC1 Dante costume, DMC3/4 Rebellion, and DMC Ebony&Ivory and the right materials for it... So in that combination, I am DMC Anime Dante.

The reason I like him(and DMC3 Dante) so much is because like Duke Nukem, Bayonetta, Lo Wang, Eddie Riggs, Serious Sam and even classic Lara Croft, I can relate to him, because he's a badass who just enjoys what he does, has loads of fun while doing it, doesn't give a damn and always has something cool or funny to say.

I am so like him too (more on DMC3 Dante though). I am at times brash, arrogant, and quick to anger, but I have loads of fun at what I love to do, never gave a damn, and has some cool and/or funny things to say, not to mention showing off with some over-the-top stylish moves (DMC3's over the top cutscenes made me do that). I can be all badass but I also have a good heart while at it. ;)
I also have some things DMC1 Dante has too, like what I've said on why I liked that Dante the best over DMC3.

Dunno some of the peeps you mentioned there, but I know some of the others; Serious Sam through an ep of X-Play about the game (I was surprised when he unleashed hell tons of guns towards those aliens and using them all at the same time in a cutscene during that ep showing that), old Lara Croft has been in the gaming community for a long time (I see the new TR fans still like the old TR), and mostly, Bayonetta is also my fav witch (she even has more complicated combos than Dante and I noticed some of its command inputs are similar that of Ryu Hayabusa (probably my most favorite ninja of all!) for his weapons in the Ninja Gaiden series); too bad I can't get a Wii U for me to play Bayonetta 2 as it was rather disappointed for me to have Nintendo have the publishing rights and have it go for another console I am not used to... >_<

VOLPE

SSStylish Swordsman
I know that's what i'm saying a slightly altered personality.
In DevilMayCry Dante was like Ichigo Kurosaki.
He had a bit of silliness with 80% seriousness
DevilMayCry 2 Dante was like Sesshomaru
Very quiet very serious.
DevilMayCry 3 Dante was like Goku
Talkative, hyper, easygoing, confident, a bit gooy.
DevilMayCry 4 Dante was like an older Tenchi Masaki in Tenchi GPX Mature, a little more serious but still silly.

Great comparisons very accurate way of describing and comparing the dante's throught the series to other famous anime characters

MigsRZXAStylish

I still consider DMC3 my most fav DMC game! Yet my most fav Dante is from DMC1. ROCKMAN X knows DMC1 Dante is the original one.

Top Bottom