• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Who hopes vergils downfall comes out tomorrow

MasterBlasterAA

common guys have a little patience. we all want it and clearly the fact that some people got the dlc early was a blunder on their part. just focus on the positive. its only $9 for a lot more content than i originally anticipated, and again i hope the delay is because they are integrating Vergil into Bloody Palace. Capcom will (hopefully) deliver! ONLY 5 DAYS (...or 6 for xboxers like me...)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
common guys have a little patience. we all want it and clearly the fact that some people got the dlc early was a blunder on their part. just focus on the positive. its only $9 for a lot more content than i originally anticipated, and again i hope the delay is because they are integrating Vergil into Bloody Palace. Capcom will (hopefully) deliver! ONLY 5 DAYS (...or 6 for xboxers like me...)

The fact that those regions are STILL able to download it last I heard hardly says "minor blunder"...

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
So not only do we have to wait until March 5th, but us Xbox players have to wait an extra day? Why?
I don't mean to complain but I mean this is getting ridiculous. Some people have it, some people don't, my receipt said it's coming in February, the website said it's coming in February, and now some people are getting it March 5th and Xbox players have to wait an extra day.
Capcom get your sh*t together.

DankestDarkness

Wondering sprit from hell
You think capcom is really gonna give BP for vergil they don't care about the fans why give it to us when they can charge it

Blazer-X

Honestly, I did not expect it to come today, even if I wanted it to happen. Which sucks because I'm in the middle of spring break, which for some reason is a week earlier than every other University's spring break.

At this point, I just hope that they don't screw us pre-order people over with some problem giving out the code. I am already less than pleased over the whole early release ordeal in Europe and I'll be pretty ****ed if I have to wait that much longer to get to play as the character that made me pre-order the game in the first place.

MasterBlasterAA

The fact that those regions are STILL able to download it last I heard hardly says "minor blunder"...

i never said it was a "minor blunder" it was a blunder. they clearly f***ed up. don't pretend to know the inner workings of submitting dlc to these gaming infrastructures. im sure there is a good reason why they made the mistake (Microsoft did the same thing with the first DLC for Halo 4 and they own Xbox Live). i want Vergil's downfall as much as any of you. you just have to wait 5 more days...

You think capcom is really gonna give BP for vergil they don't care about the fans why give it to us when they can charge it

do you have something against periods? all your posts are run on sentences. they gave us bloody palace for free (i know it was included in previous games, but they could have charged for it, or not even made it) so chill out. quit trying to use every excuse to say that they don't care about the fans. i HOPE they give BP for Vergil and I assume that is why they are taking an extra week. you people have to learn to be more forgiving. there must be a good reason why it is taking this long. if i am proven wrong though, i apologize in advance. we shall see.

DankestDarkness

i never said it was a "minor blunder" it was a blunder. they clearly f***ed up. don't pretend to know the inner workings of submitting dlc to these gaming infrastructures. im sure there is a good reason why they made the mistake (Microsoft did the same thing with the first DLC for Halo 4 and they own Xbox Live). i want Vergil's downfall as much as any of you. you just have to wait 5 more days...

do you have something against periods? all your posts are run on sentences. they gave us bloody palace for free (i know it was included in previous games, but they could have charged for it, or not even made it) so chill out. quit trying to use every excuse to say that they don't care about the fans. i HOPE they give BP for Vergil and I assume that is why they are taking an extra week. you people have to learn to be more forgiving. there must be a good reason why it is taking this long. if i am proven wrong though, i apologize in advance. we shall see.
Most likely nothing new will be added

MasterBlasterAA

Most likely nothing new will be added

if you think thats the case fine. we will see who is right in the end. i hope you are wrong for our sake. try to be a little less negative, this forum suffers from enough negativity. it really detracts from people who enjoy this game (along with the old ones in my case).

scionicspectre

I'm not counting on anything special- this is already way more than I could have hoped for. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't groan about it until I get it. ;) Forgiveness has nothing to do with it.

MasterBlasterAA

I'm not counting on anything special- this is already way more than I could have hoped for. Of course, that doesn't mean I won't groan about it until I get it. ;) Forgiveness has nothing to do with it.

lol i feel the exact same way. im just saying we should be more forgiving with the early release mistake, and the push back for VD (because we clearly don't know how submitting DLC works, or how much code is involved with such a task). from the gameplay videos i think we can all agree they are doing a fantastic job of upholding Vergil's badassery. i just don't want to hear that "oh they don't care about the fans" or some other negative statement about future releases. instead i just want to hear "hey maybe they are making it more polished" or "maybe they are adding Vergil BP". i know that may set us up to be let down, but lets just hope for the best eh?

TheNoHeartedBeing

There not putting no damn Vergil in BP unless they make his own BP and that's not happening. Even if they were working on putting Vergil in BP they could still release the dang DLC and then later make Vergil for BP an update. Its like the DLC is complete. Its finished. Its a finished product. People are uploading "full" walktrhoughs of the game. Full man, full. The product is finish. Capcom is just having fun fking with people. They love that crap man. I preorderd this game for no reason. I could have picked it up day 1 without a preorder. No ones buying it anyway. It would have had a full shelf. Capcom is the ones bringing negativity to the game.

scionicspectre

I just wonder why people think Capcom has done this on purpose. It sounds like some EU retailers just dropped the ball and released it earlier than they should have. So far as I'm concerned, we're just getting the originally planned product- I don't see any reason to think these two weeks were anything more than bug-fixing periods. It's not at all uncommon to sit on code before release for PR, internal business issues, etc. Something went wrong, but it looks like all the other retailers are sticking to the original plan instead of mixing everything up just because of one mess up.

I don't think it's anything personal or sadistic. It's just business gone awry- it's probably not that easy to coordinate an international release like this.

MasterBlasterAA

There not putting no damn Vergil in BP unless they make his own BP and that's not happening. Even if they were working on putting Vergil in BP they could still release the dang DLC and then later make Vergil for BP an update. Its like the DLC is complete. Its finished. Its a finished product. People are uploading "full" walktrhoughs of the game. Full man, full. The product is finish. Capcom is just having fun fking with people. They love that crap man. I preorderd this game for no reason. I could have picked it up day 1 without a preorder. No ones buying it anyway. It would have had a full shelf. Capcom is the ones bringing negativity to the game.

So lets think about this. DLC is finished right? BUT they push the release date back a week. Now why would they do that? Also why do you think Capcom gets anything out of "fking with people"? They are a business. They want money. They can sell Vergil's Downfall FOR MONEY. Pushing back the deadline only hurts them (may deter people from getting it when hype is starting to wear off). Now think about this. Generating enemies on each floor of the bloody palace can probably easily be modified (I almost have a degree [im a senior in college] in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science and signed my full-time offer with Microsoft as a developer in Windows so I know what im talking about) so that the new enemies in Vergil's Downfall can be used instead. They can do something else with boss battles (I don't exactly know what, but i mean Vergil can technically fight the original bosses). So this is definitely doable, and it makes sense that this could be what they are doing right now.

So I am trying to STAY POSITIVE about this because my theory makes sense. If i am wrong, i will be bummed out, but either way lets just hope for the best! We really don't need posts like this man. I know you are frustrated but just wait it out. We are all frustrated.

DankestDarkness

if you think thats the case fine. we will see who is right in the end. i hope you are wrong for our sake. try to be a little less negative, this forum suffers from enough negativity. it really detracts from people who enjoy this game (along with the old ones in my case).
I'm not trying to be negative I'm being realistic this is capcom the company that made three different street fighters to keep getting that extra 40$ out your wallet the ones that made two marvel vs capcom 3 just to get money they greedy they don't want to do fan things like make the dlc we want it's take or leave it

TheNoHeartedBeing

So lets think about this. DLC is finished right? BUT they push the release date back a week. Now why would they do that? Also why do you think Capcom gets anything out of "fking with people"? They are a business. They want money. They can sell Vergil's Downfall FOR MONEY. Pushing back the deadline only hurts them (may deter people from getting it when hype is starting to wear off). Now think about this. Generating enemies on each floor of the bloody palace can probably easily be modified (I almost have a degree [im a senior in college] in Biomedical Engineering and Computer Science and signed my full-time offer with Microsoft as a developer in Windows so I know what im talking about) so that the new enemies in Vergil's Downfall can be used instead. They can do something else with boss battles (I don't exactly know what, but i mean Vergil can technically fight the original bosses). So this is definitely doable, and it makes sense that this could be what they are doing right now.

So I am trying to STAY POSITIVE about this because my theory makes sense. If i am wrong, i will be bummed out, but either way lets just hope for the best! We really don't need posts like this man. I know you are frustrated but just wait it out. We are all frustrated.
You know what? Your making some sense. Im not going to be a stubborn dude. We will just have to wait and see if they do release him for BP. Thanks for calming me down.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist

This is kind of what I was thinking. I was hoping that by delaying the release for so long after being complete would mean Vergil would be a part of PB with the update. I hope so but do not expect anything.

I also do not understand this marketing mechanic they are going for. To be honest many people,after seeing the gameplay and story, are less likely to buy the game after waiting for so long. In reality maybe only a few but still, it is still lost money so something they are doing must be for profit which only keeps us guessing WHY?

MasterBlasterAA

You know what? Your making some sense. Im not going to be a stubborn dude. We will just have to wait and see if they do release him for BP. Thanks for calming me down.

No problem man thats what i do :)

So, it seems this thread's purpose has been defeated since the DLC didn't come out. We are now in limbo.

I-See-What-You-Did-There..png

MasterBlasterAA

This is kind of what I was thinking. I was hoping that by delaying the release for so long after being complete would mean Vergil would be a part of PB with the update. I hope so but do not expect anything.

I also do not understand this marketing mechanic they are going for. To be honest many people,after seeing the gameplay and story, are less likely to buy the game after waiting for so long. In reality maybe only a few but still, it is still lost money so something they are doing must be for profit which only keeps us guessing WHY?

Yeah its quite baffling, but i mean after interning at Microsoft this past summer i learned that it is always difficult to see the reasons for stuff like this when you are the consumer. Microsoft has made some decisions that didn't really make sense to me until i worked for the company and got the internal perspective. The important thing to remember is that the company ultimately wants money and for the consumer to be happy (so that you will come back), and you as the consumer want content. Capcom isn't maliciously trying to keep this DLC out of reach. They made quite a number of mistakes with this release and hopefully they will rectify it.

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Yeah its quite baffling, but i mean after interning at Microsoft this past summer i learned that it is always difficult to see the reasons for stuff like this when you are the consumer. Microsoft has made some decisions that didn't really make sense to me until i worked for the company and got the internal perspective. The important thing to remember is that the company ultimately wants money and for the consumer to be happy (so that you will come back), and you as the consumer want content. Capcom isn't maliciously trying to keep this DLC out of reach. They made quite a number of mistakes with this release and hopefully they will rectify it.

Yeah there is always a reason for any company to do what they do no matter what. They don't do it out of spite haha, they do it for money so there is something there for them. I've worked with a few companies that have done similar things in the past as well so I know where you are coming from though it never stops my curiosity of why they are doing what they are. Even if it ends up being worth it, which will be fine with me, I'm still curious :p

Top Bottom