• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Whispering Darkness...

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
You'll see at the window of a cold dark mansion, a figure staring out into the darkness.
Her face sad. Feelings of sadness and loneliness fill her.
She stands there, waiting... waiting for him to return.

She remembers the day that he left. Begging him not to persue his dreams, for she knew it would be his downfall. He told her to trust him, and that he would return stronger.
Ever since that day, there was no sign. Her true love never returned.

Everyday, she waited at the window. Staring across the huge lawn that he walked over as he left. Hoping, that he would come back that same way.

In the halls, she could hear his voice... calling her name. It wasn't him, just a murming echo of the past. The time that was.

With him, was the only time she ever felt happy... complete.

When staring out of the window of the mansion, all she can picture is him walking away.
Everday, she prays for his safe return. But, so far...nothing... was her God even listening.

"In whispering darkness... do you ever hear my name?"
She whispers to herself...
does he still think of her?
Is he still alive?

All of a sudden, the darkness begins to stir. A shadow starts to form from the mist... a figure emerges...
She looks towards the approaching manifestation...

The figure has something in its hand... to her, the object looks familiar... a sword.

"Tis' a trick of the mind" she thinks to herself, and shuts her eyes.
Upon opening them... the figure is still approching. The darkness shrouds its face.

She finds the courage to run through the halls of the mansion to the main door. With effort and alot of strength, she opens the gargantuan mansion door...

Every other time, the figure had been an hallucination... but this time... he looked real.

She hesitantly walked down that steps of the mansion... and across the lawn...
The moon shone through the mist... she saw his face for the first time... he had returned...
She ran towards him... he tried to reach out for her... but fell to the floor.

The moon lit up the blood stains on his coat... she fell to the floor beside him, and held him in her arms...

"I heard you" he said, "I never forgot"

She gently smiled at him, "You came home, that's enough for me"

The Lovers were reunited... even if it was in death...

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
How sad. I love how vague it is. It let's you make up the parts that aren't told. Like Shadow of the Colossus or ICO... Great writing, VB!

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Thanks Dreadnought... considering the fact that i've been continually distracted by my parent whilst writing it

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I was writing, i thought the were my own fan girl rantings. But really, you could see it as Sparda, walking back, coming home to Eva.
Oh, the death thing... i'm on one of those days...

NotSoAwesomeFaise

s00per smexii style
Vergil'sB*tch;203082 said:
I was writing, i thought the were my own fan girl rantings. But really, you could see it as Sparda, walking back, coming home to Eva.
Oh, the death thing... i'm on one of those days...

Oh, that's not what I meant.
Her face sad. Feelings of sadness and loneliness fill her.
You didn't show us those feelings of sadness and loneliness until the very end. But the rest was pretty spot on. :) And I really liked the death thing.

Top Bottom