• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which is harder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I read somewhere that special edition is harder then the original dmc3. Then I read somewhere else that the original dmc3 is harder, so WTF!? Which one is harder? Or are both of them the same difficulty and I read crap.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Well it goes like this:

DMC3: DA Easy harder than DMC3: SE Easy
DMC3: DA Normal harder than DMC3: SE Normal
DMC3: DA Hard harder than DMC3: SE Hard
DMC3: DA Hard easier than DMC3: SE Very Hard
DMC3: DA DMD harder than DMC3: SE DMD/VMD but in this case it's only because you already have the Super Dante/Super Vergil costumes thus having an advantage whereas you have to beat DMC3: DA DMD to get the Super Dante costume;)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I think I was pretty clear. What confused you exactly?
Anyway. The first Devil May Cry: Dante's Awakening is harder. After they decided to release Special Edition they thought that the first version was a bit hard so they made the game a bit easier. This is mentioned in the manual of Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition. The game's easier compared to Dante's Awakening until the "Very Hard" mode. Very Hard has all the difficulties Dante Must Die has except for "DT Enemies" and of course bosses. Very Hard was solely created to help players adjust to the Dante Must Die level easier than they did in Dante's Awakening. Plus by completing it you get Super Vergil/Dante to help you further with completing DMD.

So to make it as clear as I can: DMC3: DA is the hardest between the two games.

Hope that cleared things a bit^_^

Demons Destiny

Silenced Vampire
Ah ha!! I've had the hardest all along and I never knew!
But why did I find it easy? :huh:
don't worry, let me answer my own question.......

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Now I feel like I really didn't do jack! D8 ....*sigh* Well, I hope Redgrave is right about the difficulties really not being that different.

ShadowNinja X7

They're not. DMC SE added another difficulty to make the learning curve a little easier. Other than that, the difficulty of DMD is the same, no matter which version you have.

ShadowNinja X7

Tony_Redgrave;45760 said:
Yes DMD is the same. But you don't have Super Dante to use in Dante's Awakening.

But really, why would you want to use Super Dante anyways? It breaks the battle system and the fun of the game.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
What you say is true. But many people can fed up with hard Missions in DMD like Mission 12 for instance. Or even less harder, since they had yet to master the good skills. In Special Edition these people will surely try and beat these Missions with Super Dante/Vergil. But in Dante's awakening they couldn't do that unless they used the cheat.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
ShadowNinja X7;45786 said:
But really, why would you want to use Super Dante anyways? It breaks the battle system and the fun of the game.

Cause they're lazy like me, and want to use them just so they can say they beat DMD/VMD mode. XD I might try to fool my brother because you can switch outfits and I don't think my brother knows about the super Dante and that stuff.

ShadowNinja X7

Lol. I always thought the challange (while very, very frusterating at times) was what made part of this game great in DA. I guess I'm used to people who discouraged the use of the super-costumes, since this game is supposed to be hard. That's a big part of its reputation.

Kodanshi

R·O·C·K·S·T·A·R
Mixed. DA has greater overall difficulty than SE, but SE also has Bloody Palace mode which tests your abilities to the max…

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Lame. You kill everyone with one shot, and you get killed with one shot. Nothing more.
The only difficult thing was inside Leviathan, where each step could be fatal, but Trickster can be your best friend there along with Nevan's flying abilities;)

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
I like Heven and Hell mode. Although Dullans are annoying to fight. And Doppleganger is a little on the challanging side. But you can beat that mode in like 2 hours or less.

Vergilissexy

Wesker's #1 fan!
DUDE! That WAS hell! I would just be happily firing away and then Awwwwahhhhh! The trial of skill requires a gold orb for me inless I use trickster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom