• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Devil May Cry is Your Favorite?

Which DMC game is your favorite?

• Devil May Cry

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Devil May Cry 2

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening

• Devil May Cry 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DmC Devil May Cry

• Devil May Cry 5

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
I first played DMC 1 & 2 back around 2013. I recently continued my journey through the series after my first playthrough of DMC 3 was phenomenal.

Currently my favorite is DMC 3. But I still have to play DMC 5 to accurately vote.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Overall my favourite is 3, but purely on gameplay I'd have to say 4 over the jump canceling properties and combat possibilities

Followed by 5 and then DmC and finally DMC1 and DMC2

Aurelius

Aside from DmC Devil May Cry which I have yet to fully play through, Devil May Cry 2 still remains my favorite out of the original five. No joke. Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition is a very close second. Story aside, the main reason why I loved #2 so much appears to be the same reasons why a lot of people seem to dislike it unfortunately. I found it to be the easiest, therefore I enjoyed it the most. The amulet system was nifty though but the Sin/Majin Devil Trigger was a nuisance to pull off. I do miss Lucia though, even if she was rather depressing. Can't blame her though.

Last edited:
I just didn't enjoy the character direction in DMC 2 or DmC, which is a big factor for me personally in my character action games.

DMC 1, I enjoyed but definitely enjoyed other DMC games more. Clearly it's a foundation that was built upon & improved over the years.

DMC 4, I am torn on. The combat is really good to me, the Devil Bringer adding a lot of fun. But half of the game getting repeated again as Dante, including bosses being fought again was a let down for me. The proud souls as a separate currency felt like an unnecessary change. I know the devs were trying to consider western audiences to make it easier. But as a western player, I didn't mind what previous games did. Also that boss fight where you grab swords & throw them at a window wasn't great either. Overall, it's still a fine game though.

DMC 3, I recently finished & absolutely enjoyed. At times I could get lost on where to go next. But the combat was very satisfying & the characters were very enjoyable. I like Dante's characterization here more than what he was in DMC 1 & 2. Vergil, Arkham, Lady were all fun characters that I enjoyed seeing go through the story. Nevan was a bit tedious of a fight, but my complaints with this game were very minimal.

DMC 5, I haven't finished, but I'm 25% through the game currently. So far, my only possible negative is I don't like playing as V as much as Nero. I imagine I will enjoy Dante more than V as well. It possibly could become my favorite DMC game, but I'm not sure.

Top Bottom