• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which device(s) do you use to browse the forum?

Which device(s) do you use to browse the forum?

• PC (with Chrome-based or Firefox-based browser)

Votes: 12 80.0%
  • Phone or Tablet (Android)

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • Phone or Tablet (Apple/iOS)

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Hi guys!

I recently discovered that the forum natively supports 'Push' notifications for pretty much all devices (computer, tablet, phone, etc.) except anything iOS-based. I'm going to look into properly enabling the option, but I wanted to get a better idea of how people view the forum in particular. We don't use Google Analytics on this site, and the 'data' that is shared from your device is extremely limited (effectively the only 'data' we receive amounts to what you include on your profile).

So, yeah - if you have a moment to respond to this thread and select whichever poll option(s) most closely fit you, then that'd be cool. The poll will run for two weeks from the date of thread publishing. Cheers and God bless!

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I tend to use Forums and Discord on PC only, probably just because I'm old fashioned and don't have internet access everywhere with my phone.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
F.Y.I. There is a light version of "push" notification on desktop, so this extends to PC's. You'll see a number next to a browser's header.

It's been there since 2.0 as a test. The reason, according to xenforo for not supporting iOS devices is because of their code libraries are extensive, would require more coding.

And shame on you for not using GA, @Steve, you'd need it in case you need to sell the site or tell advertisers how much traffic you get, etc.

As for answering the question: Computer and phone. Android.

Last edited:

V

Oldschool DMC fan
PC, usually Firefox or Chrome. I alternate between the two now because Youtube just decided not to play videos in Firefox and I can't seem to fix that.

I don't much like using my phone for browsing the net.... makes me feel like I'm looking at it from inside a tin can.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
PC, usually Firefox or Chrome. I alternate between the two now because Youtube just decided not to play videos in Firefox and I can't seem to fix that.

I don't much like using my phone for browsing the net.... makes me feel like I'm looking at it from inside a tin can.
I use FireFox, and YouTube plays just fine. Upgrade FireFox. You should already have it automatically updated every time you use FireFox, but if it doesn't... Go get it.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020

I’m always tin-canning it. Each to their own preference I just don’t own a PC nor can I be bothered to go on the laptop my phone is much easier for me especially when I’m out and about and want to jump on quickly.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Apologies for the late response, gang! Thank you to everyone whom responded and/or added to the poll.

And shame on you for not using GA, @Steve, you'd need it in case you need to sell the site or tell advertisers how much traffic you get, etc.

This is a good point. Google Analytics is an exceptional tool for collecting all sorts of data, but I am trying to limit the amount of Google products used in both my personal life and on the website. I am not a fan of their privacy handling policies.

No plans to sell the website.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Apologies for the late response, gang! Thank you to everyone whom responded and/or added to the poll.

This is a good point. Google Analytics is an exceptional tool for collecting all sorts of data, but I am trying to limit the amount of Google products used in both my personal life and on the website. I am not a fan of their privacy handling policies.

No plans to sell the website.
I'm not saying anything about selling the site, I'm saying if it comes to that... you basically have nothing to show for it. GA is more trustworthy that your server's analytics. I can understand the limiting google products idea. I will only use their phones/gmail/YouTube, but anything other than that? Screw google. I never recommend their browser, Chrome, in fact.

Google Stadia? HAHAHAHAhahaha. Like I trust google as my gaming platform.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I use FireFox, and YouTube plays just fine. Upgrade FireFox. You should already have it automatically updated every time you use FireFox, but if it doesn't... Go get it.
I did update FF, uninstalled and reinstalled etc. Still having the same issue.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I did update FF, uninstalled and reinstalled etc. Still having the same issue.
Wow. I sometimes have odd issues with FireFox, I re-install, and it would go back to normal even without needing to clear my bookmarks and other "saved" information.

In any case, I think your system is bugged out. YouTube doesn't require Flash anymore, it's running through HTML5.

Reactions: V

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Yeah, I think something's going on, trying to figure it out from old forum posts on the Mozilla pages hasn't been fruitful though. I probably should give my system a complete overhaul, Malwarebytes and Avast don't catch everything.

Top Bottom