• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Which Dante has the Better One-Liners? (Poll)

Who has the better One-Liners

• Old Dante

Votes: 17 70.8%
  • New Dante

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Mundus and Lilith do it all the time:troll:

I don't think that Lucifer scene was as terrible as some youtube comments have made out. Sure, it was a little unexpected, but it could have been worse....much worse. It's just Dante goofing around. It's not like he's actually humping the hell portal while he's destroying it.:p

That and its a reference to the weapon itself has a lot of weapons (well ALL of the weapon's) moves are named after BSMD terms or sexual references such as Pin Up, Ectasy, Bondage, and Climax.

Unlike "DONKEY PUNCH!" it has a significant relevance to Dante's actions when he did what he did when he used Lucifer in that cutscene.

Frost

Demon of Icy Wind
And the part where Dante shouts that Mundus is an asshole. I guess I find that funny because Mundus is saying about how he's a god and master of the universe, then you get Dante shouting that out of nowhere. It's just so random.

This one actually made me smile a little. It was so quick and fitting.

The Lucifer scene is pretty hilarious in my opinion. It borders on being too over the top while simultaneously showing exactly what kind of goof Dante can be. It's good because it made me cringe and laugh at the same time. :D

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
"Flock off feather face or you can stick around and find out the hard way"

"It's my favorite souvenir from hell, bandage boy"

"You may look like my mother but you have no soul! You may have her face but you'll never have her fire"

"A man with guts and honor, I like that but its a shame you serve Mundus"

"The three eyed. Mundus, his heinous ways make me sick, killing even his own like they were nothing. He's the one who took the life of my mother, my brother I'm sure. My mother used to always tell me that my father was a man that fought for the weak, he had courage and a righteous heart. In the name of my father I will kill Mundus!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
"The three eyed. Mundus, his heinous ways make me sick, killing even his own like they were nothing. He's the one who took the life of my mother, my brother I'm sure. My mother used to always tell me that my father was a man that fought for the weak, he had courage and a righteous heart. In the name of my father I will kill Mundus!

That is not an one-liner.

IncarnatedDemon

"Flock off feather face or you can stick around and find out the hard way"

"It's my favorite souvenir from hell, bandage boy"

"You may look like my mother but you have no soul! You may have her face but you'll never have her fire"

"A man with guts and honor, I like that but its a shame you serve Mundus"

The red part is not one liners. Also the fourth one goes like this:
"Don't come any closer you devil! You may look like my mother but your nowhere close to her! You have no soul, you have the face but you'll never have her fire!"

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Geez. The Lucifer scene was actually one of my favorite scenes. Gives me a smile every time I watch it.

Old Dante has the best one liners for me, both from DMC3 and DMC4. Makes him come off as a badass lovable goofball.

Top Bottom