• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your thougt

So what's your thought on this game? This new rebooted dmc. Dante,Vergil,Mundus with new looks . New gameplay and combat system , new weapons . As for me,i'll say Dante's look is ok but i don't like Vergil's new look. I heard that there's no styles like trickster or royalguard in this game, is that true?

Gbraga

Yes, the style system was replaced with a stance system, where you have both Angel and Demon forms, switching between them by holding LT or RT, different weapons have different skills, so even though you can't change your styles to Gunslinger to perform Rainstorm and then change it to Swordmaster to perform Prop Shredder, you can press A + X to perform Rainstorm, and with Osiris equipped as your angel weapon you can press LT + B to Prop Shredder.

The d-pad will be used to change your equipped weapons, giving you a greater variety of weapons to change on the fly.

About my thoughts, well, I really like the reboot, I like the new Dante, Vergil, Mundus, the Malice concept and what we know about the story, but when it comes to gameplay, well, it looks good, not DMC3~4 good, but still good, but of course I'd rather have Itsuno + Neo_G on the combat and MT Framework being used to achieve 60fps.

It will probably have the best combat around aside from DMC, Bayonetta and Ninja Gaiden.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I enjoy it.

I like Dante because of his look. The punk rock style seems really cool and I love his hair, different from what's usually seen. I like the way Rebellion looks but I'll miss the old E & I. Gameplay wise I like his stumbling while he fights to show he's still learning. Character wise he's the asshole that I take interest in when it comes to characters. Probably why I like Izaya from Drrr.^_^ He's also that "no nonsense" guy who just get's sh*t done.

Vergil is half and half with me. His attire and style is cool and all but he seems a bit to nice for me to think of him as the old Vergil. However I've only seen him in like one trailer so I can't judge so suddenly. I don't like the way Yamato looks. It just looks bland and uninspired to me. :/ Other then that, I think it's cool he's the leader of an order.

Mundus is okay too. I think the whole statue god-like statue was best suited for the past DMC's. Now he's like some mafia lord or government official with a god complex, just as I would expect from government officials.:shifty: I hope he's just as much of an ass as he was back in DMC1.

demon king 92

i like the game, i like the new take on the characters, i like how they kept dante the same as he was in the old games minus the hair lol, the combat looks very fluid and the half angel half demon concept is cool and the idea of demons running the world like an illuminati type organization is very clever, overall i'm looking forward to this game and i hope they make this a series of maybe 4-5 games

Dariuspootisperson

I just hope the game is fun.
I think the level design. How colourful it is and the combat looks very enjoyable then I think dante looks fine, and I hope the combat is deep but something tells me it won't be as good as dmc 3 which is on of my favourite action games of all time :p

Erian1Mortal

Premium
The new Concept grew on me over time, all in all I was no fan at first.
Still hope the story turns out good, since I know that the gameplay is more fluid than the non-turbo version of DMC4 (at least from what I've played at GC), that sould be the only downside to me.
Other than that I hope they'll go back to DMC3 when it comes to unlockable stuff, I just love things like concept art and new costumes, it gives me a reason to play through the game more than once^^

somekidfromthe90's

I like the entire thing cause.....c-........this.......this is my.....my first DmC
tumblr_llxg59j8gp1qii6tmo1_500.gif

(as in i never played the old DMCs)

Gbraga

I think it'll be for the best. What if the gameplay does not live up to our expectations? Being his first he'll still enjoy it and get mindblowed when he plays 3 and 4 after that lol

And if it does live up to the expectations, it's still a very different direction so the old ones will still be worth playing, it's a win-win situation.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm 50/50 on it with things i like( the concept) things i hate(the lackluster pr) with things im unsure of(the half angel thing)

I like the entire thing cause.....c-........this.......this is my.....my first DmC

you should've gotten the collection.

on topic- I guess im more into giving the reboot a chance since Capcom never really felt like that they cared about the story and where it was going so this could capture the spark that the old series lost.

Railazel

Is perspective really that important in order to enjoy a game?

Kind of, a player can form biases that can prevent them from fully enjoying a game.

I think it'll be for the best. What if the gameplay does not live up to our expectations? Being his first he'll still enjoy it and get mindblowed when he plays 3 and 4 after that lol

And if it does live up to the expectations, it's still a very different direction so the old ones will still be worth playing, it's a win-win situation.

You have a point. I just hope he doesn't form this idea that the old ones are crap in comparison to the new one.

KnightBatman

This DmC was why I got into Devil May Cry in the first place. So I'm totally loving everything EXCEPT Dante's half angel blood line. Everything else is just great! It motivated me more to play Devil May Cry because my first was DMC 4 and I got bored of it a bit fast... but I played the first 3 (still working on 3 because it's hella hard) and still I felt like new Dante stood out more to me than the original. So I'm another one of those people who can be added to the "DmC drew me in" crowd.

Plus the more modern look is really interesting. Demons taking control over practically everything, like the quote in the TGS trailer "every level of society in every part of the world." And seeing how Dante is made to look like a terrorist when he's just surviving and killing demons (probably even helping some people along the way too) makes me more sympathetic towards him. AND HIS JACKET?! Love that thing! Still looking for something as similar as possible to get. I even got a haircut sort of similar to it and people think it's pretty good XD I also like the bigger story we're getting here which is the same as all the DMC games put together or even bigger than them combined which I'm sure most of you have noticed upon reading these forums lol

Gameplay looks like a BLAST! It really looks like from what I've played of the original DMC's, they took what worked and what felt unneccessary... I never really used royal guard and gunslinger didn't need to be it's own style, that's something DMC 2 succeeded on. There were no styles but it felt like a starting point for branching out the moves. You could easily shoot multiple targets or do a different kind of rainstorm while falling and shooting. So it's good to see DmC is making use of that.

THE MUSIC! Combichrist is such a great choice. I've liked music like theirs but I never knew about them! So I can again thank DmC for that. I constantly listen to Sent to Destroy and Scarred Club Remix (not in the game as far as we've heard but sounds good and hope it does appear)

Sorry for the long post... but that's just how much of an impression this game is leaving on me and can't wait to delve into this whole new Devil May Cry world. For now, (doubt it'll change) I'm happy if Dante's look stays the same for future games.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
No styles. There's no need for them when you can do whatever move you want by using button combinations.
Sky Star, Trickster Dash, Devil Bringer, Prop/Shredder, Rainstorm, and Drive are all confirmed to be there so far.

I bought and finished DMC 3 and 4 because of DmC.

I wonder how many fans DmC has actually raked in so far?

somekidfromthe90's

I'm not talking about going out of order of the series, I'm saying that doing the reboot first would throw his perspective on the old series way off.
Although i've never played the old DMC's i've seen a walkthrough of 4 i think and thought it was pretty cool. That's actually how i found out about DmC. After i finished watching the walkthrough for DMC 4 i was wondering if there would be a new DMC coming out and then i saw the TGS 2010 trailer and the rest is history...

Razyel

Soul Reaver
I think that the combat will resemble DMC1 combat, 'cause of the fact that every enemy has different strenght and weakness, that will also force you to actually think about a strategy rather than just go on a rampage gunz blazing.

I'm fine with the controls, if the camera is good enough there shouldn't be any problems...

Story...seems bigger, better, more emotional and "realistic" - we have plenty of new elements and alternate take on the backstory and setting.

Weapons...everything looks good except the gauntlets ( Eryx ) they don't have much style, but neither does an anvil and/or a hammer :p

My summary...this could be the saviour of the franchise :cool:

crush

One of the best things that DmC revealed was the possibities of many hidden routes and items in missions.
time-attacking missions or speculating which route will get more points could get more fun than ever.
NT entrusted us a game that could be experimented from hair to cells, I'm looking forward to it.

kryptoknight

What do I think? Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell...
ZOMFG!!!! NEW DEVIL MAY CRY! VERGIL IS BACK! NERO (cool is concept, but got old fast.) IS GONE!!!!!!!
ALLNOF MY HAPPIES! ALL OF THEM AT ONCE!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom