• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your favorite movie of all time?

I'm a horror buff but the sad thing is the more technology advances, the more you expect, so when I go back to watch my childhood favourites now it makes me cringe. So I can't list those because I wouldn't watch them again now. They're just too corny :/ Shaun of the Dead is kind of horrorish though. Albeit it's a comedy so...man. That's sad.

Older horror movies have more charm to them I'd rather them than modern horror movies because today's movies seem really empty and lack any identity, today's horror movies have characters act like they're not even human and never make them make logical choices. They're just living off cliche's and calling it a day.

Newer is never always better.

Avatar is just Pocahontas and Dances With Wolves but in space and with blue people.

I remember being in the cinema watching that movie with some friends, we were making fun of it. I don't think it's been praised for anything else other than its special effects. Disregard everything else, call it a 10/10 movie for special effects alone.

Tmfaria

Member of the Order
garr.

It's hard to narrow it down to only one, but one movie I never get tired of watching is the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Yah sure its looong :p but its awesome. Every scene in that movie did it for me, and the battle scenes get me fist pumping almost every time... almost.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
HAVE you seen the version called "The whole bloody afair"
No, I haven't. I've only watched the two separately, but I hear that version has changes made, right?

I guess as people are making lists, I should add a few more:
Donnie Darko
The breakfast club
Edward scissorhands
Pan's labyrinth
Probably more, but I can't think of them right now:p

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
No, I haven't. I've only watched the two separately, but I hear that version has changes made, right?

I guess as people are making lists, I should add a few more:
Donnie Darko
The breakfast club
Edward scissorhands
Pan's labyrinth
Probably more, but I can't think of them right now:p
Both the movies are smashed into one with a shatload of nvr before seen scenes.

RisenProphet

Savior of the Unknown
I've always been big on action/shooting movies, and there are a ton of realy good action movies but I'd have to say that my favorite would have to be either Lethal Weapon 2 or Die Hard.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
**** yeah, Donnie Darko!
tumblr_lcdjiaOFqJ1qaz2n1o1_500.gif

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Well here's 3 of my top favorites(If you haven't seen the 3 movies, YOU SUCK!!):

My other favorites:
-Aliens
-Terminator 2
-Commando
-Evil Dead 2
-Troy
-Predator

Old School FTW!

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I don't care if it hasn't been done "properly" according to annoying people who think they can do better (but can't) - I love fantasy and sword fights and good versus evil battles. It was pure escapism for me, fed my imagination and, of course, featured Viggo Mortensen looking rather attractive for once... ;)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
It's a shame bruce campbell isn't the main character.
Well, Bruce is getting old. He's going to make a cameo in some way shape or form I bet. He's producing it though. I don't know what more we can ask for though when it comes to the remake. That red band trailer looked absolutely amazing and it looks like it with do The Evil Dead justice. Gory as hell and freaking awesome. I'm going see it the first night.

FrostFire

Nymph of Shadows
My all time favorite, at least at the moment, has to be Wreck-It-Ralph
I know it's Disney, but i absolutely loved it. It had great characters that I loved, a heartwarming story, VIDEO GAMES EVERYWHERE :3 and the soundtrack is so addicting i play it while i do homework.
My second favorite movie is the Dark Knight series. They're just so well done and awesome, and I love super hero movies.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I can't pick just one >_<
So I got's two categories instead ^_^

Animated Favs
-Mulan
-Pocahontas
-Howl's Moving Castle
-Akira
-Sailor Moon R: Promise of the Rose

Other Favs
-All the Friday movies
-Kingdom Come
-Soul Food
-Def Jam's How to Be a Player
-Barbershop
-National Lapoon's Christmas Vacation
-Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood
-Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
My all time favorite, at least at the moment, has to be Wreck-It-Ralph
I know it's Disney, but i absolutely loved it. It had great characters that I loved, a heartwarming story, VIDEO GAMES EVERYWHERE :3 and the soundtrack is so addicting i play it while i do homework.
My second favorite movie is the Dark Knight series. They're just so well done and awesome, and I love super hero movies.
Why did you say "I know it's Disney but"?

Disney is actually freaking awesome. I mean sure it dishes out it's fair share of crap like every other company but the good totally overshadows that bad. I don't know of anyone who didn't grow up watching awesome Disney movies.

I like The Dark Knight franchise too but, The Dark Knight Rises was a let down on my part. It didn't live up to the bar the previous one set and that ending, what the hell Nolan? Are you kidding me? I also was upset how Bane ultimately turned out in that film. Bane is one of my favorite Batman villains next to Mr. Freeze and I was ready to flip a table after I saw that bullcrap they pulled as the movie went on.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
Oooh, my favourite is either the original 'Alien' or 'Ghost in the Shell'.

Aliens is really good, and has the memorable lines and all that; but the original just amazed and scared me the first time I saw it, and I still love to watch it now and then.

I absolutely love the Ghost in the Shell franchise thanks to the movie. I have the video games, the Stand Alone Complex dvd boxsets, the other two movies. It was the first 'adult' animation I saw, and loved how intelligent the story was. I also love to watch it time and time again. Also, the Major is, I what I guess you can call, my anime crush :p

Top Bottom