• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's your favorite movie of all time?

What's that one movie you could watch anytime without getting bored of it? Hey, why not tell us a little something about that movie that makes you want to keep watching it? Why not talk about two of your all time favorite movies in the same post? The possibilities are endless.

Mine is Aliens.

-Memorable lines
-Memorable plot
-Some great scenes in the directors cut, I love watching the scene where they're watching the sentry guns ammo count go down.
-Action and horror combined flawlessly
-Has trash talking marines turn from badasses to wimps who struggle emotionally.

This movie is a 10/10 to me.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'm not sure if it's my number one favourite, but I could watch Kill Bill 1+2 loads without getting bored.
Reasons:
-I love the character development the bride goes through, that tale of revenge and not letting anything get in the way even when she suffers badly.
-The plot
-The killers are all unique and interesting.
-The dialogue. I just love some of the character exchanges and one liners.
- It has Japanese and French language in it.
-The over the top fighting with loads of blood.
-The soundtrack

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
I'm not sure if it's my number one favourite, but I could watch Kill Bill 1+2 loads without getting bored.
Reasons:
-I love the character development the bride goes through, that tale of revenge and not letting anything get in the way even when she suffers badly.
-The plot
-The soundtrack
I ****ING LOVE YOU....

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I don't just have one favorite movie ever. I have a little list. Some of my favorite movies of all time.
-Battle Royale
-Pulp Fiction
-Fight Club
-Evil Dead Trilogy
-Ghostbusters
-Donnie Darko
-The Exorcist
-Princess Mononoke
-Clerks
-I Saw The Devil
-Mulan
I think I'll stop now.

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Yeah, i don't think i could pick a movie that i can outright say is better then all the others that i like.

A few of my favourites:
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Ghostbusters
Se7en
Drunken Master 2
Enter the Dragon

are ones that come immediately to mind but i could go on for a fair time about alot of the films i've listed here and go on even longer about ones i haven't. I will say that Drunken Master 2 has my favourite fight scene from any movie ever made though.

Angel General

Cristal, Advisor to Emperor Glaser & sky goddess
Avatar, it's absolute escapism, and the special effects are amazing. Who wouldn't want to change into an awesome alien hybrid and save the world?? It has a powerful moral too, about sustaining instead of destroying as we always seem to do.

I also like Grownups, it's the funniest film ever x)

Edit: I forgot Slumdog Millionaire... I could watch that all day.

aoshi

I used to be a movie fanatic.

Quicksilver
Legends of the fall
Kramer vs kramer
Jerry Mcguire
A few good men

There is a huge list and this is only a few.

BLACKSWIPE

I guess I should share my list--

1. Kill Bill
2. Kill Bill Vol. 2
3. The Girl with the dragon tattoo trilogy- (European Flims)
4. Spirited Away
5. Red Dog
6. Pulp Fiction
7. Unlimited Blade Works- UBW

BLACKSWIPE

Reasons:
-The plot
-The soundtrack
HAVE you seen the version called "The whole bloody afair"

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
-Pirates of the Caribbean (the whole series)
-Rise of the Guardians
-From Paris with Love
-How to tame a dragon
-I am Number 4
-The Bourne Supremacy
-The Mortal Instruments :shifty:
-Shaun of the Dead

These are the only movies that I will (and have) watched about a gabillion times over and over and STILL love. ^_^

I've got a list of movies too that I can consider favorites at the time when I made this thread I was watching Aliens so that was all I was thinking about.

Jacobs ladder the movie that inspired Silent Hill is pretty decent
I like Ju-on the grudge, great movie
The Village, neat plot twist
Spirited Away, made me smile, might seem like a shallow reason to say that's why it's one of my favorites but like I'm not one to smile alot, so it did the impossible.
Nosferatu
Quarantine
The Thing
Day of the Dead

I like alot of horror movies. 3/4 of the movies I've seen in my entire life are horror movies.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Most horror movies today aren't really...that much horror.
Besides Sinister, that scared the **** out of me.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm a horror buff but the sad thing is the more technology advances, the more you expect, so when I go back to watch my childhood favourites now it makes me cringe. So I can't list those because I wouldn't watch them again now. They're just too corny :/ Shaun of the Dead is kind of horrorish though. Albeit it's a comedy so...man. That's sad.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
I'm a horror buff but the sad thing is the more technology advances, the more you expect, so when I go back to watch my childhood favourites now it makes me cringe. So I can't list those because I wouldn't watch them again now. They're just too corny :/ Shaun of the Dead is kind of horrorish though. Albeit it's a comedy so...man. That's sad.
hahaha! Shaun of the Dead <3

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Avatar, it's absolute escapism, and the special effects are amazing. Who wouldn't want to change into an awesome alien hybrid and save the world?? It has a powerful moral too, about sustaining instead of destroying as we always seem to do.

I also like Grownups, it's the funniest film ever x)

Edit: I forgot Slumdog Millionaire... I could watch that all day.
Avatar is just Pocahontas and Dances With Wolves but in space and with blue people.

Top Bottom