• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What's up with dmc.org?

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Now, as a common user of this site, and someone who's never had a problem...I want to know what exactly is going on, because google has listed this site down as an attack site, and I know it's not. We've had one viral problem before, and that thread was locked.

Is there a way to fix it?

Also, what's going on with the profile pages ^^'?

Nicodemus Zamoran

The Hellslayer Knight
The forums seemed to have been hacked again. Last time this happened, we lost the ability to upload new avatars. Now we also lost profile pages and social groups. We still have PMs and the regular forums, though.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I'm sure when the Admins are ready they might tell us what's going on, hopefully they do so we know.

cheezMcNASTY

Entertain me.
Premium
it's happening to every site on the network. i'm told that a lot of work has been put into correcting the problem, and it has been resolved. all that remains is for google to test the site and process that the threat is not here any longer.

on the brighter side, if you bother to check and see the attack site that got us listed as a dangerous website, you may be in for a laugh. :lol:

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
cheezMcNASTY;301156 said:
on the brighter side, if you bother to check and see the attack site that got us listed as a dangerous website, you may be in for a laugh. :lol:

How do i find out? o_O What do i type in?

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
no probs i saw it and thought i had to take a screen, trust THAT site to "penetrate" our forums and shake us up!

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Well thats also have angried me beacuse I for now sending posts from library. Stupid Google chrome blocks site.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
My profile still shows nothing. . .

My home forum uses an activation/IP/comp logging cookie and a login screen for every access after a time out of 45 mins and hasn't been hacked in years; the boss decided to set up higher security on the forum after a few persistent people kept trying to bring the site down. DMC.org could always do this (even if it means members have to activate each PC they use), just wondering if this is going to be a long-term problem. At my other hangout we know all about those sad acts who have nothing better to do with their time than repeatedly try to screw up our site. ¬_¬

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
UPDATE: As Cheez has rightly pointed out, just have to wait on the search engines to process the sites again in the network. There is no risk to anyone using the sites despite warnings to the contrary. A new server has been built to accommodate all current websites within the network and this is being watched 24/7 by the site hosts to ensure any problems in the future are immediately dealt with. The security issues have been coming from a small number of sites which have not been updated in a long time and have since been erased so hacking should not be anywhere near as frequent as it has been in the last couple of months, if at all.

Any errors still occurring by the end of next week (such as avatar issues, profile viewing problems etc - not malware messages) ought to be reported to Steve via my PM inbox outlining the issue with screenshots if possible. All reports will be handled asap and you will be informed via PM when they have been resolved.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Thanks for the update Angel. It sounds very complicated, I'm pleased it's under control. ^_^

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Nice to see you Angel. And thanks, at least the situation is a little clearer, even if it has been a pain in the bum

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Well at least everything is being sorted like I thought it would be. And good to see you Angel :p

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
I came back to see how Storm Silves liked his sig and then BAM...site is considered a risk to go on.

I was worried for a bit. Even though I wouldn't be here much I still don't want the forum to get all effed up.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Some members can't seem to log into the forum at all. Dante'sgirl is having trouble and said she gets a blank error page saying the website is down or something. :(

Top Bottom