• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What would happen if Donte's mouth was washed out with Soap?

Sorry for calling him Donte. I just like spelling it like that to separate the two characters.

Anywho, ever been a rude little boy or girl and said some naughty words? Then your parents would say "I'm going to wash your mouth out with soap!"

Well, what if someone, anyone just invited themselves into Donte's trailer and shoved a bar of soap in his mouth? Would it make whatever comes out of his mouth any cleaner or will they realize more bars of soap are required?

I personally think he'll fade out of existence being cleansed of all things dirty and rude.

Rising Sun

Right on. It's about time someone made a thread like this. Seriously, could he have cursed any more? It was almost an immature contest between him and succubus.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
If Dante had a cleaner mouth, the story would be more tolerable that's for sure. The dialouge in this game ruins the story.

jp7Qkhv.jpg

Well...that's one line fixed, Dante didn't say it though.

It's photoshopped :) I didn't do it but when I found it I knew I had to save it. Vergil should have said that though, that's a throwback to the fans of the old series done right.

SpawnShooter

This partys getting crazy
It's photoshopped :) I didn't do it but when I found it I knew I had to save it. Vergil should have said that though, that's a throwback to the fans of the old series done right.

That would have been nice, a lot better than achievement/trophy names of which half the names don't make sense.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Meh, it's just swearing.Dante does it in the anime too when that prison wardon makes a pass at him, then a few other times. ^_^ Besdies, it's not just Dant cussing. Vergil does it a little, Mundus does after Dante really ****es him off. Then there's every demon screaming WHORE about Eva; well that or BITCH! :lol:

The only time Dante really lets rip is on that succubus. Like two kids in a schoolyard. :lol: I'm wondering if it was written like that intentionally.....>_<

And of course Vergil finishing an argument with 'I've got a bigger dick'. :lol:

Black Manic TH

WTF is that BEHIND YOU?
Well he didn't cursed alot, and i don't mind the cursing.
But the succubus part well he sweared alot still i didn't mind because it was funny. XD
In some part at the mission Eyeless he says: "An ambush... You flocking bastards". I think he is trying to not... swear that much.

YamatoWielder

Protector of Mankind
The swearing? As the game progresses, DmC Dante didn't swear too much. In swearing altogether, it's no big deal for me. Look at Black Lagoon.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Wow that's some good work then lol.

For me the dialogue just came off as juvenile overall imo.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
You know what- forget the swearing. I think that causes minimal offence compared to the sex scene. :lol: It's like the joke about walking in on your parents doing it. :p Just no.....no.....

Black Manic TH

WTF is that BEHIND YOU?
You know what- forget the swearing. I think that causes minimal offence compared to the sex scene. :lol: It's like the joke about walking in on your parents doing it. :p Just no.....no.....
^This
I don't see anyone COMPLANING ABOUT THIS.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
One question though; if I swear as much as new Dante would that mean I have to get soap in the mouth? People swear, that's life. If you don't like it, cover your ears and go "nananana" otherwise, get use to it, cause swearing's gonna be around for a long time.

jp7Qkhv.jpg

Well...that's one line fixed, Dante didn't say it though.
That would have been good homage...but how will that fit into their little banter

I'm stronger
I'm smarter
I'm better looking
...and I'm more movivated.

Motivated from what?

Onecrazymonkey1

Well he didn't cursed alot, and i don't mind the cursing.
But the succubus part well he sweared alot still i didn't mind because it was funny. XD
In some part at the mission Eyeless he says: "An ambush... You flocking bastards". I think he is trying to not... swear that much.

In my opinion he didn't swear that much, besides I'm used to my brother's potty mouth that makes Dante's sound Shakespearean. :troll:

Anyway , I have to cut Dante some slack; He had a rough upbringing that I'm sure didn't provide him with the best of examples in life and young kids are really impressionable. When I look at Vergil who was far more privileged and given a royal education (aside from the whole bigger dick line) he doesn't swear half as much as Dante. When you grow up hearing nothing but cursing in a messed up environment, it just becomes a common bad habit that you have to actively work at to curb (and it can be quite difficult when that's all you're used to). I think a nice character quirk if they ever make a DmC2, can be where Dante is maturing more and is well aware of how uneducated it can sound. He can then constantly try to replace his curse words with funny/cheesy lines like "you flocking Bastards" throughout the entire game, slowly resembling classic Dante more and more.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
I my opinion he didn't swear that much, besides I'm used to my brother's potty mouth that makes Dante's sound Shakespearean. :troll:

Anyway , I have to cut Dante some slack; He had a rough upbringing that I'm sure didn't provide him with the best of examples in life and young kids are really impressionable. When I look at Vergil who was far more privileged and given a royal education (aside from the whole bigger **** line) he doesn't swear half as much as Dante. When you grow up hearing nothing but cursing in a messed up environment, it just becomes a common bad habit that you have to actively work at to curb (and it can be quite difficult when that's all you're used to). I think a nice character quirk if they ever make a DmC2, can be where Dante is maturing more and is well aware of how uneducated it can sound. He can then constantly try to replace his curse words with funny/cheesy lines like "you flocking Bastards" throughout the entire game, slowly resembling classic Dante more and more.
Now that would be an adorable quirk. I like that idea a lot x3

Top Bottom