• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

what, what, what if..

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
WHAT IF the release of definitive edition and special edition on PS4 and XB1 will also be a farewell edition to one of the series?

and how will you react if that happens to whichever?

if it were to DmC, okay, i will be very very very disappointed, but i could understand the reason behind it (numbers;sales;hate;****yousmentionedinthegame;, ).. and i'll see how will the original series move on, waiting for reviews from people here who has the same opinion like mine about DMC4

if it were to DMC, i could also understand it too, but will not be too much disappointed, since 4 is enough for me to know Capcom isn't doing what i think they should be doing after the fascinating DMC3.. and i'll keep an eye for DmC sequel, who'll be working on it and how i think it'll turn..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
If it's DmC I won't be very disappointed by it. I don't plan to buy any new adition to this series, and as such it has no effect on me.
If it's DMC4 I would be terribly disappointed, and probably lose any interest in franchise's future.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
It'd be sad to see no Devil May Cry anymore but we had a pretty good run while it lasted. I won't really be disappointed either way since both version's futures look bleak.

Plus if this is it, I at least got Bayonetta 1 & 2, DMC1,3,reboot, most Suda51 games, and other hack n slash to keep me busy.

Devil May Cry isn't worth much to be disappointed over it's departure.

absolitude

If it's DmC I won't be very disappointed by it. I don't plan to buy any new adition to this series, and as such it has no effect on me.
If it's DMC4 I would be terribly disappointed, and probably lose any interest in franchise's future.

capcom will sure loose a sssensational amount of customer if they're doing it to DMC, and i'm afraid it wont be good to the future of the other one..

It'd be sad to see no Devil May Cry anymore but we had a pretty good run while it lasted. I won't really be disappointed either way since both version's futures look bleak.

Plus if this is it, I at least got Bayonetta 1 & 2, DMC1,3,reboot, most Suda51 games, and other hack n slash to keep me busy.

Devil May Cry isn't worth much to be disappointed over it's departure.

you're cruel constantine, cold cold heart.. and lucky you, my only resort to h/s games is castlevania, and it is currently on hiatus, mercury steam is out, and i havent heard any about it.. so if this topic is actually the case, i'm very much worried.. whichever way they go..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
capcom will sure loose a sssensational amount of customer if they're doing it to DMC, and i'm afraid it wont be good to the future of the other one..
Well its capcom we talking about. They hate their money. They listened to complaints about RE6 and decided to make even MORE action-oriented game in RE7 :/ It's like they intentionally shooting themselves in the leg over and over and over and over again.

absolitude

Well its capcom we talking about. They hate their money. They listened to complaints about RE6 and decided to make even MORE action-oriented game in RE7 :/ It's like they intentionally shooting themselves in the leg over and over and over and over again.

LMAO, really? Gonna go browsing about this RE7, that is seriously funny.. well douchey, but funny..

absolitude

so they still gonna do action with the numbered version, and for the classic fans they went with revelations.. i sure hope this will be the same treatment too for DMC/DmC.. enlightening..

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I had to deal with the possibilty of never getting another Jak and Daxter or Prince of Persia so i think i'll be ok if one of these two has to stop:wink:.

Out of these two, I cant really say which i would feel more devastated for as both DmC/DMC4 were both dissapointing to me so as long as the next game has something that intrigues me, i'll be right as rain.

I would like them to learn from the other's strengths and mistakes tho as im a big believer in making lemons out of lemonade tho and respecting the past.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I don't mind seeing the series end.

If Silent Hill 2 never gets a proper sequel, then I can live with DMC3 not getting a decent storyline continuation, either.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Truth be told, when I played DMC4 back in 2008, I thought that was the big farewell to the series. Think about it from my perspective, guys---you have this new character, Nero, who assumes the role of Fortuna's protector, ownership of Yamato, and essentially plays a very Sparda-like role as a selfless warrior who keeps his demonic nature at bay with the love of a mortal...essentially, bringing the Sparda legacy full circle. Top that off with Dante's "farewell" to Nero (and possibly us, the audience), coupled with a pseudo-send-off after the credits with Lady and Trish.

But what really cemented it was the DMC History gallery, which, put such lamenting and nostalgic music, seemed like some kind of final tribute to the series before the finale.

So, at the time, I was never expecting a DMC5, because I not only saw nowhere for the story to go or continue, but the game seemed like it was selling itself as the grand, final entry (in those aspects, of course. There's still a ****ton that the game itself leaves open for debate, as any fan can tell you). So if we really do get a DMC5, I'll be pleasantly surprise.

DmC is another story entirely, because I feel like I was lucky enough to get it all. The very idea behind the game's existence was such a massive gamble and risk, I didn't even believe it when it was announced. A grittier, urban neo-Goth version of DMC? With a more fallable, less indestructable Dante? A more story-driven experience with absolutely no needless anime drivel or diabetes-inducing Wapanese tropes? It seemed impossible, and completely incapable of proper execution.

But despite all that, the game found new ways to surprise me everytime I revisited it, and I found myself more immersed in the world and characters in this one game than any of the past games combined. It was worth it just to experience at least once. And with the way the game ended, with lots of room for speculation and sequels....I actually don't mind if DmC2 never happens. Even if I wasn't 100% satisfied with the story's ending, I was more than satisfied with the way Dante's development came full circle. All that matters is that I got something like DmC at some point...without cancellation or the plug pulled like so many other abandoned projects like Star Fox 2 or Maverick Hunter X.

In other words, I will be pleasantly surprised if DMC5 ever happens, but I also won't be too crushed if DmC2 never comes to fruition. But if I'm being completely honest, DmC has a lot more room for sequels than DMC does. It's story is just beginning, its characters got a landslide of development in just one game (vs. the entirety of the original series, which only subjected its cast to marginal development), and its lore is open enough and not too convoluted for exploration.

absolitude

if it is DmC i will be annoyed because i want to see more of that story and where they could take it

if it is DMC i will be devastated as i am in love with the old series

for you, it's better if they continue with both, wait, that's good for all of us..

I had to deal with the possibilty of never getting another Jak and Daxter or Prince of Persia so i think i'll be ok if one of these two has to stop:wink:.

Out of these two, I cant really say which i would feel more devastated for as both DmC/DMC4 were both dissapointing to me so as long as the next game has something that intrigues me, i'll be right as rain.

I would like them to learn from the other's strengths and mistakes tho as im a big believer in making lemons out of lemonade tho and respecting the past.

lol, you're the one with the most tragic story --with the jak and daxter.. and the best outcome for your view is a DmC sequel with a more familiar DMC in it, as in more more.. since rebooting then stopping it is a dumb move..

I don't mind seeing the series end.

If Silent Hill 2 never gets a proper sequel, then I can live with DMC3 not getting a decent storyline continuation, either.

it shall not end.. i wont let em.. any way i can

Truth be told, when I played DMC4 back in 2008, I thought that was the big farewell to the series. Think about it from my perspective, guys---you have this new character, Nero, who assumes the role of Fortuna's protector, ownership of Yamato, and essentially plays a very Sparda-like role as a selfless warrior who keeps his demonic nature at bay with the love of a mortal...essentially, bringing the Sparda legacy full circle. Top that off with Dante's "farewell" to Nero (and possibly us, the audience), coupled with a pseudo-send-off after the credits with Lady and Trish.

But what really cemented it was the DMC History gallery, which, put such lamenting and nostalgic music, seemed like some kind of final tribute to the series before the finale.

So, at the time, I was never expecting a DMC5, because I not only saw nowhere for the story to go or continue, but the game seemed like it was selling itself as the grand, final entry (in those aspects, of course. There's still a ****ton that the game itself leaves open for debate, as any fan can tell you). So if we really do get a DMC5, I'll be pleasantly surprise.

DmC is another story entirely, because I feel like I was lucky enough to get it all. The very idea behind the game's existence was such a massive gamble and risk, I didn't even believe it when it was announced. A grittier, urban neo-Goth version of DMC? With a more fallable, less indestructable Dante? A more story-driven experience with absolutely no needless anime drivel or diabetes-inducing Wapanese tropes? It seemed impossible, and completely incapable of proper execution.

But despite all that, the game found new ways to surprise me everytime I revisited it, and I found myself more immersed in the world and characters in this one game than any of the past games combined. It was worth it just to experience at least once. And with the way the game ended, with lots of room for speculation and sequels....I actually don't mind if DmC2 never happens. Even if I wasn't 100% satisfied with the story's ending, I was more than satisfied with the way Dante's development came full circle. All that matters is that I got something like DmC at some point...without cancellation or the plug pulled like so many other abandoned projects like Star Fox 2 or Maverick Hunter X.

In other words, I will be pleasantly surprised if DMC5 ever happens, but I also won't be too crushed if DmC2 never comes to fruition. But if I'm being completely honest, DmC has a lot more room for sequels than DMC does. It's story is just beginning, its characters got a landslide of development in just one game (vs. the entirety of the original series, which only subjected its cast to marginal development), and its lore is open enough and not too convoluted for exploration.

this, exactly the way i saw it too with DMC4.. and exactly the way i see it too with DmC

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Anyway I feel DmC story drove itself into corner with it's writing. If demons are powerless in human world, Dante is completely irrelevant and will return to his pointless hobo life. If demons have power, humanity is screwed anyway and Dante alone or even with Kat, or even with what's left of Order (if anything left) won't save them anyway. Best thing they is put some plot-destruction a la LoS2 and pretend they didn't noticed it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well naughty dog hasn't ruled it out but actions speak louder than words and it's easier to let it go than keep hoping. But if it ever does happen the hype might be too great to handle .

We'll not just DmC with DMC elements, I do mean the reverse too cause the classic could learn a few things from the reboot too.

But I do wanna see a different writer team for the classics because the ones we had were downright sloppy and everything they did were halfhearted. So some new blood would be great.

absolitude

Anyway I feel DmC story drove itself into corner with it's writing. If demons are powerless in human world, Dante is completely irrelevant and will return to his pointless hobo life. If demons have power, humanity is screwed anyway and Dante alone or even with Kat, or even with what's left of Order (if anything left) won't save them anyway. Best thing they is put some plot-destruction a la LoS2 and pretend they didn't noticed it.

well in the game the hell gate or something was opened when mundus triggerred it, so limbo collided with dante's plane so the demons arent powerless, and if demons have power and humans are screwed, if i were the writer i should know how to progress with it, and i'm not the writer but i do have things in mind on how to progress with the story.. or like you said, the could ride the LoS 2 way, lmao..

Well naughty dog hasn't ruled it out but actions speak louder than words and it's easier to let it go than keep hoping. But if it ever does happen the hype might be too great to handle .

We'll not just DmC with DMC elements, I do mean the reverse too cause the classic could learn a few things from the reboot too.

But I do wanna see a different writer team for the classics because the ones we had were downright sloppy and everything they did were halfhearted. So some new blood would be great.

well ofc i meant that too, it's purty silly too continuing DmC even if it were to go DMC without DmC elements, and if done right, it could be a tight game.. and if they should go with a new dev, i'm all for dontnod, something about remember me convinced me that they could do it right.. just take the great elements of both DmC and DMC

Top Bottom