• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

...what the ****?

Nelo Assholo

King of the Universe
When searching through the active user list, I saw a boat load of Yahoo!/MSN Bot (?!) Spiders... what the heck are those? Are they some kinda vermin to these forums? The last thing we need is a bunch more spam bot advertisements and maybe even VIRUSES (spidrs) on these forums. :dry: So can someone PLEASE explain to me what these are. o_O

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Don't worry, Nelo, search engine spiders are a good thing! In fact, the more, the better! They're perfectly safe.

You can check out this Wiki article on it if you like but the short and sweet of it is that they're basically sent out by the search engines' to find and index new data from websites. Once they find a page they include it in Google's index of results when you search something. Hard to explain, but I know what I mean. If someone can do a better job I'll give out 10 rep points... ^_^

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
I cant see that being a easier explaintion if I tried soooooo 10 rep points be worth it but only I cant make it seem easier shoot.

Dark Drakan

Admin
They just help index the content of the site into the search engines and are a good thing as Steve said ^_^

Nelo Angelo

Dark Knight
Yes great a smaller version of what steve said why didnt I think of that damn and that was worth 10 rep points to lol.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Aye, they've come along way from all that spinning webs and getting whacked by rolled up newspapers' business. Bless.

King Avallach

Deity of the Old World
None of the poisonous ones have got onto the 'net, have they?:unsure:

The last thing I want is to be bitten by a virtual black widow.

Top Bottom