• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your idea of a hardcore DMC fan?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I don't consider you a troll, you simply expressed your opinion about a game and you just happened to dislike it. However, if I may come with a little piece of critique, you did sound rather harsh and as if your opinion is the only valid one.

Because i was annoyed to hear "SKYRIM" "SKYRIM" everywhere it may be a good game but its just eerrgh so annoying to randomly find that again and again even though i do Not want to know anything related to skyrim don't you find this annoying ? its just an RPG game =_=

ZeroLove

Because i was annoyed to hear "SKYRIM" "SKYRIM" everywhere it may be a good game but its just eerrgh so annoying to randomly find that again and again even though i do Not want to know anything related to skyrim don't you find this annoying ? its just an RPG game =_=

It was a highly expected RPG and one of the better free-realm single-player games I've played. It's won awards. So yeah, it's been talked alot about everywhere. That doesn't make it a bad game though.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
It was a highly expected RPG and one of the better free-realm single-player games I've played. It's won awards. So yeah, it's been talked alot about everywhere. That doesn't make it a bad game though.

RPG's are usually boring just running and collection thousands of stuff it doesn't have any proper limits and its upgrades are insane anyway it maybe a great RPG game but i don't like RPG's in general though there are some exceptions i like portal&bioshock but all other generic ww2 shooters suck i was just annoyed ^_^ that's all its not like i hate that game

ZeroLove

RPG's are usually boring just running and collection thousands of stuff it doesn't have any proper limits and its upgrades are insane anyway it maybe a great RPG game but i don't like RPG's in general though there are some exceptions i like portal&bioshock but all other generic ww2 shooters suck i was just annoyed ^_^ that's all its not like i hate that game

Your post here is highly opiniated. Not all thinks RPG's are boring and all. That's just your opinion.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Your post here is highly opiniated. Not all thinks RPG's are boring and all. That's just your opinion.

Not that i'm offending anyone like "AAH this bullshit this is uttercrap mtherducker sucker" something like that

Back to the topic i think I'm just a normal fan no one is "hardcore" or "soft-core" everyone is just a fan of the games published by capcom :D

Dante47

then you're a troll for me because you like the new DmC :p and for me a true fan would never accept this much change if you do you're a troll IMO ha ha
Hmm... your partially right. I was trolling you. It's slightly different. You can't be a troll if you like somthing. I'm in no mood for a fanboy war right now though. So please turn the subject back to the original topic please.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Hmm... your partially right. I was trolling you. It's slightly different. You can't be a troll if you like somthing. I'm in no mood for a fanboy war right now though. So please turn the subject back to the original topic please.

The topic itself talks of it "Hardcore" i don't really get what it means by that is it
Obsessive ? or sensible ? or mixture of both ? now that's one deadly combination

Spardavergildante

So i played dmc 1 and beated the hell out mundus (let's rock baby) , waited for unpatiently for dmc2 to come up , played it with lucia , then played dmc3 special edition got super dante and super vergil , sparda , suoer sparda and u all know what it means ( beated the game with the two characters dante and vergil in all difficulties , played dmc 4 in all difficulties and finished the bloody palace well after getting super dante because i thought it would be more fun , made a guitar cover for devils never cry , shall never surrender and for the anime theme , watched the anime twice read the mangas , the devil may cry novel volume 1 and volume 2 and got and the devil may cry 4 deadly fortune even though it's in japanease , didn't really like the dante from the rebbot series
so guys what do u think am i a hardcore fan ?
Oh yeah i forgot to tell i wrote some fiction but didn't really posted

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
So i played dmc 1 and beated the hell out mundus (let's rock baby) , waited for unpatiently for dmc2 to come up , played it with lucia , then played dmc3 special edition got super dante and super vergil , sparda , suoer sparda and u all know what it means ( beated the game with the two characters dante and vergil in all difficulties , played dmc 4 in all difficulties and finished the bloody palace well after getting super dante because i thought it would be more fun , made a guitar cover for devils never cry , shall never surrender and for the anime theme , watched the anime twice read the mangas , the devil may cry novel volume 1 and volume 2 and got and the devil may cry 4 deadly fortune even though it's in japanease , didn't really like the dante from the rebbot series
so guys what do u think am i a hardcore fan ?
Oh yeah i forgot to tell i wrote some fiction but didn't really posted
Did you play and completely finish the reboot of DmC? ?

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
A hardcore DMC fan? I'm not sure what that's supposed to be. Where do you draw the line between 'fan' and 'hardcore fan'? Or even the line between 'fan' and just somebody who likes it? Would you need to buy everything associated with the games? It sounds like 'fanboy' to me; somebody who loves everything about the game, is usually unable to criticize it, and will not tolerate anyone saying it's not fun/not good. A purely emotional response ensues. There are some who will even defend the company that develops the game, even if it's taken a permanent turn for the worse. That's probably because they feel that company is a hero for creating it, or because they feel the need to create black and white fields of 'good guy, bad guy' - the company/game always being the good guy. It can also extend to companies who create a reboot or reimagining; they are seen as heroes or rebels by their new fans, and will obtain support.

Spardavergildante

Well just like he wrote this is really what it means to be a hardcore fan
A hardcore fan is someone who is so blindly loyal to the media that nothing can change his/her opinion of it no matter what others say.

A hardcore fan has a certain image of the media in his/her head and if someone has a different image of the same media, the hardcore fan considers that wrong.

A hardcore fan knows all there is to know about the media and corrects everyone who says something that is slightly off to show his/her knowledge of said media.

A hardcore fan is so obsessed with the media that he/she considers the media as a part of him/her and might even consider the media to be his/hers as much as it is the creator's.

A hardcore fan hates changes to the media, even if it is the creator him/herself who chooses to make these changes.

A hardcore fan is dangerous, especially when they come in groups and have the capability to make forum-life unbearable at times due to his/her insufferable need to make sure that he/she is a hardcore fan and you are not!

If you aren't like this, I do not consider you a hardcore fan, also noting that a hardcore fan can be a great person in every other aspect of his/her life.

So tell me are u like this well for me i don't know ppl
say that i am well maybe i'm hardcore fan of the ORIGINAL DMC series ;)
the diff betwwen a hardcore fan and a fanboy is that fanboys buy everything that tge company of his favourite makes enven when it's a complete trash while the hardcore fan gets ****ed angry furious when they're thinking of making something like that

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
My idea of a hardcore DMC fan, probably one that owns every game and piece of merchandise put out on it official or not; lives and breathes the series and goes crazy about it, or if a cosplayer might even dress like their favourite characters. There would be difference variations I think, but it's not really just DMC, but how any person could be capable of being like if they're hooked on any other series like Star Trek or Kingdom Hearts.

DragonMaster2010

What I consider a harcore DMC fan;

Someone who can't get over the reboot.
Someone who wines to Kamiya about the reboot.
Someone who cries when Capcom doesn't do what they want.
Someone who'll except anything DMC.
Someone who let's nostalgia get the better of them. (DMC2 over DmC? really)
Someone who owns every single DMC related thing.
Someone who will defend DMC no matter what.
Someone who gets mad when someone else declares "Nero/new Dante is better."
Someone who hates a fanfic writer because he/she didn't use original Dante.
Someone who stalks you after saying "DMC sucks compared to *insert angry god killer or glasses wearing sex object here*"

IncarnatedDemon

Sailor moon.
I don´t understand what your trying to convey.

now that's what i'm talking about sylvans and incarnated demon
What do you mean?

FURTHER ELABORATING:
In my opinion i don´t understand people who say they are big fans or hardcore fans or whatever you´d like to call it, but then they embrace changing of the character whom they claim to be fan of.

Let me give a good example of my observation with Dante and NTDante. A pro for why NTDante is better character is because "He is more relateable", i assume because he looks more like a real life person, and in particular a teen.
So "NTDante is slightly better because he is more relateable". This means that you find it a flaw that you can´t relate to original Dante. And so having NTDante who is relateable is fixing that flaw.
But Dante is a video game character, he is not supposed to cater to your life nor be a representation of you. Therefor using that argument of "Dante is not very relateable" is like saying "He´s flawed".

Don´t misunderstand me, if you can relate to a character, then that is great. But a character being relateable does not necessarily make him better than the character that´s not relateable.
Unless the point of the character is to have people relate to him/her.
But Dante is not a character that was made to get people to say "Hey i see myself in this dude! He´s awesome!".

And if your a big fan, you will know to be critical towards what your fan of. You won´t gulp everything company throw at you, and say "OH THANK YOU your highness".
I like Dante but as i have stated, i won´t bother with DMC 5 if it´s going to have same standard as DMC 3 (from a story perspective) and DMC 4 (from a overall perspective).
I demand better story, better gameplay, and overall higher production quality.

Sometimes being a big fan also means you may say farewell to what your a fan of. Why not? Everything good ends. And by DMC ending, it will pave the way for a new serie with new character and story but gameplay inspired by DMC. A spiritual successor from a gameplay perspective, while story and characters will be brand new.
Dante´s story more or less is finished also. There is no need to go over that whole "Son of Sparda", "The Legend", "Murdered", bla bla.
Dante´s story is finished.

DMC 1 made the closure for his story well, where as DMC 2 kinda brought the story back from the grave and repeated it.
But this does not mean we will bury Dante in a grave, no he will make appearances in crossovers and in DMC games when it´s appropriate. e.g if a game about Trish is made with her as protaganist...obviously we´ll see Dante now and then.

As a hardcore fan i take pride in knowing when a serie should end (RE arent you dead yet?), and when the story of the protaganist i am fan of is finished and therefor he or she should step aside before it becomes redunant.

I also take pride in not wanting to change Dante but build on him. For example if i were to make a DMC game, i would pick DMC 1.
I would take everything that is bad about it the game and improve it.
e.g i would change what Dante says in the "Light!" scene, but have a fundamentally similar scene that is done well.
Isn´t this rebooting you say? Possibly, but its so minimal and so appropriate that it would make DMC 1 better. Because the whole point of "Light" scene was to show that Dante regret telling Trish to get lost, and i would make sure to convey that fundamental pillar in that scene well.
IMPROVE IT.

Where as scenes that are good like :
"Dont come any closer you devil, you may look like my mother but your nowhere close to her. You have no soul. You may have the face but youll never have her fire!".
Now that scene was AWESOME! And i would not dare to touch it.
However i would alter scenes or dialogue so that they are better. And we all agree the light scene wasn´t conveying what it was supposed to (a emotional scene) well, we practically make fun of it lol!

Being a hardcore fan to me means, being faithful to source material (not asking for it to change or reboot it), let go of your fandom when it´s time and being critical and not eating everything companies throw at you.

Snake fans are in a phase where they must let go of Snake as his story more or less has ended, and if it hasnt ...it will with latest game.
So if Kojima decides "Ill make another Snake story", then that is milking and could taint the story of Snake that was already ended.

IncarnatedDemon

My idea of a hardcore DMC fan, probably one that owns every game and piece of merchandise put out on it official or not; lives and breathes the series and goes crazy about it, or if a cosplayer might even dress like their favourite characters. There would be difference variations I think, but it's not really just DMC, but how any person could be capable of being like if they're hooked on any other series like Star Trek or Kingdom Hearts.
I agree with you about the bolded part.

I think a hardcore fan has such passion.

DragonMaster2010

I don´t understand what your trying to convey.

Te creators were trying to push a rebooted Sailor moon but it appears those plans failed.
What do you mean?

FURTHER ELABORATING:
In my opinion i don´t understand people who say they are big fans or hardcore fans or whatever you´d like to call it, but then they embrace changing of the character whom they claim to be fan of.

Let me give a good example of my observation with Dante and NTDante. A pro for why NTDante is better character is because "He is more relateable", i assume because he looks more like a real life person, and in particular a teen.

No. He's more relatable because he shows more emotion and more interaction with people with the mentality and character that we can compare to our own. He genially cares for people close to him and knows what's right and what's wrong.
So "NTDante is slightly better because he is more relateable". This means that you find it a flaw that you can´t relate to original Dante. And so having NTDante who is relateable is fixing that flaw.

Not only that, but he's just better a a characer in general. But this is more a matter of opinion so if you don't think so, then alright.
But Dante is a video game character, he is not supposed to cater to your life nor be a representation of you. Therefor using that argument of "Dante is not very relateable" is like saying "He´s flawed".

But why is it odd that people find new Dante relatable? And using the "he's a video game chaacter" line is a bit of a cop out, because a lot of video game characters these days have something relatable to the player to make the story more engaging.
Don´t misunderstand me, if you can relate to a character, then that is great. But a character being relateable does not necessarily make him better than the character that´s not relateable.
Unless the point of the character is to have people relate to him/her.
But Dante is not a character that was made to get people to say "Hey i see myself in this dude! He´s awesome!".

So old Dante having to go through the sorrow of his dead mother is something no one else could have gone through? Trust me, a lot of people have been through a parent out of their life. I myself have lived without a dad and don't know whether I actually love him as a father or not.

And if your a big fan, you will know to be critical towards what your fan of. You won´t gulp everything company throw at you, and say "OH THANK YOU your highness".

Seems like that's why most DMC fans bought MVC3 and UMVC3.

Where as scenes that are good like :
"Dont come any closer you devil, you may look like my mother but your nowhere close to her. You have no soul. You may have the face but youll never have her fire!".

A definite good scene. filled with fire and passion.

Top Bottom