• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

What is your idea of a hardcore DMC fan?

Xeroxis

Space Detective
Premium
What is your opinion about "hardcore" DMC fans? Would you consider yourself one? If not, how do you view others who are?

(My opinion?)
Personally, I am a hardcore fan. I think hardcore fans are the ones who really make a diffrence, because they care alot about the series, and they dont want to see it get ruined.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont hate them.
I try not to judge groups as a whole.
I just judge people.

I'm more casual as a gamer as i play on lower difficulties and have only beat a dmc game once.
Never had an incentive to replay right away and other games got in the way.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
id consider my self as a hardcore DMC gamer
i dnt cre for what people think of me about being one thats their opionion they have a right to it :)
i dont judge anyone before i get to know them

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I think a hardcore DMC fan is someone who's played DMC alot and achieved many things. And a hardcore fan would probably care most about the gameplay. Even though i personally like both gameplay and Dante, who am i to decide?

I say this because DMC is a gameplay type of game. That's why it's story is so loose.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Define hardcore. Are hardcore fans guys who play every day for years and pride themselves on buying/creating/writing stuff from the DMC universe above anything else?

If yes, then I am definetely not one. But if someone is, I say good for him/her.

chocolateghost79

First of the Dead
Premium
i would consider myself a hardcore fan. hardcore as in it's my favorite video game, and i've beat all the games on multiple difficulties, i have watched the anime, and i have read the mangas. i absolutely love it! :D however that is just my classification of a hardcore fan; someone who has put alot of time and effort into the series, whether that be playing the games, watching the anime, reading the books, or collecting the merchandise :)

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
well its my favorite game it came out when i was like 4 my bros let me play it (didnt know what i was doing)
other bro rented it when i was like 7 (got about halfway on normal while still being clueless)
2 years ago got the game beat it on every difficulty did an all S DMD run

Dante47

I picture someone who has followed the series since Day 1. Someone who enjoyed the different take on DMC 2. Someone who enjoys the game for the story, music, and gameplay. Someone who enjoyed playing as Nero :)
Someone who didn't bitch about Dante's new look.
I know this because I described me. And yes, I consider myself a "hardcore" fan as you put it for my own personal reasons.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I picture someone who has followed the series since Day 1. Someone who enjoyed the different take on DMC 2. Someone who enjoys the game for the story, music, and gameplay. Someone who enjoyed playing as Nero :)
I know this because I described me. And yes, I consider myself a "hardcore" fan as you put it for my own personal reasons.

DMC2 stayed true to the story settings and Character all it lacked was good story writing and gameplay so plz dante47 stop compaing DmC to DMC2

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
DmC Dante is not DMC Dante. They are not the same character. So it's not "Dante's new looks", it's "Nt's Dante".

DMC 1 Dante : The original Dante
DmC Dante : A new character based off DmC Dante (Ninja theory's version).

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
My idea of a "hardcore" DMC fan? Obsession......

DmC Dante is not DMC Dante. They are not the same character. So it's not "Dante's new looks", it's "Nt's Dante".

DMC 1 Dante : The original Dante
DmC Dante : A new character based off DmC Dante (Ninja theory's version).

Dante is still Dante regardless of what game it is :/

ZeroLove

A hardcore fan is someone who is so blindly loyal to the media that nothing can change his/her opinion of it no matter what others say.

A hardcore fan has a certain image of the media in his/her head and if someone has a different image of the same media, the hardcore fan considers that wrong.

A hardcore fan knows all there is to know about the media and corrects everyone who says something that is slightly off to show his/her knowledge of said media.

A hardcore fan is so obsessed with the media that he/she considers the media as a part of him/her and might even consider the media to be his/hers as much as it is the creator's.

A hardcore fan hates changes to the media, even if it is the creator him/herself who chooses to make these changes.

A hardcore fan is dangerous, especially when they come in groups and have the capability to make forum-life unbearable at times due to his/her insufferable need to make sure that he/she is a hardcore fan and you are not!

If you aren't like this, I do not consider you a hardcore fan, also noting that a hardcore fan can be a great person in every other aspect of his/her life.

And no, I do not consider myself a hardcore fan, however, I am indeed a fan, just more casually so than a hardcore fan.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
blindly loyal ?? NO WAY ! that's dumb fan not hardcore fan !

If i was blindly loyal and obsessed with "Capcom" and "Devil may cry" So much then i would just pre order DmC and would blindly support Capcom on this DmC

AzureNight13

Azure Night Goddess.... Or Wesker's daughter
Premium
Not really. If you think about it like that you can call any character Dante pretty much.

I'm really talking about DMC and DmC :/ So three things are different between the old Dante and New Dante ( at least in my eyes). I can care less for appearence and bad habits. I find that both Dante's have similar personalities.

CoolDemon

X will never be Y
I'm really talking about DMC and DmC :/ So three things are different between the old Dante and New Dante ( at least in my eyes). I can care less for appearence and bad habits. I find that both Dante's have similar personalities.
There are many people in world with similar personalities. I know your talking about DmC and DMC, but if your gonna say that they are the same based on similarities then you could call a other character for Dante as long as it has similarities.

@ Zwei:
Wow you sure know alot about fans.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I consider myself a hard core fan cause I ACTUALLY CHOSE to play DMC3 OVER FREAKING SKYRIM! I feel guilty :(
but overrall i play enough skyrim and variety of games to be considered a hardcore gamer , me and my friend beat halo 3 on heroic though that was way before i had an account but a hard core devil may cry fan would be someone who would buy
images

because it has devil may cry characters

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I consider myself a hard core fan cause I ACTUALLY CHOSE to play DMC3 OVER FREAKING SKYRIM! I feel guilty :(
but overrall i play enough skyrim and variety of games to be considered a hardcore gamer , me and my friend beat halo 3 on heroic though that was way before i had an account

SKYRIM Is annoying

Top Bottom